Hi Developers, I'm currently doing a demo about building a front end UI doing data analytics and setup a performance test with large data objects, therefore using "Populate Utility" could help me auto generate some sample data that I can play with.

Within this post I would like to share my experience of using Populate Utility, including using POPSPEC Parameter.

8 6
0 317
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,098 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I am demonstrating a use case of how we can create an IRIS Interoperability Production for special use in an external language. InterSystems IRIS, within Interoperability has a framework called Production Extension (PEX), using which we can create productions and program them as per their purpose using external languages like Java, Python etc, and also develop custom inbound and outbound adapters to communicate with other applications.

6 5
0 317

Hi Developers!!,

I know what you are thinking... a new feature for ZEN.proxyObject...? NOW..???

In Spain we say that better late than never ;-)

Have you ever need to send a numeric attribue of a Json in String format?

Did you go crazy casting class objects with fixed typed properties?

Lucky you!!

With this new feature I propose a way to continue working with our loved dynamic object %ZEN.proxyObject, being able to choose whether or not we want to send numeric attributes in String format.

2 1
0 317

Hi! I have a local project written on Cache and Atelier on my PC. I need to move it to notebook. Tried to export globals, classes, MAC-programms and csp with frontend stuff, but after I created my apps on notebook and imported my set, it just didn't work. I think it's because I have some settings on Management Portal, so how can I export portal settings and what I should export to have my working apps on another computer?

0 3
0 316
Question
· Jul 22, 2017
select sql error

hi

I execute sql like this: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef>='2046121'

error message:

but the sql: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef='2046121' can be executed successfully

why?

0 5
0 316

Hi all

I require an operation that will get a list of hosts every X minutes and call them, using values from my database.

The only issue is that I can't find any sort of scheduling/ timed event functionality in Ensemble. The documentation isn't particularly helpful so I thought I'd give the community a shot.

Is there any existing functionality in Ensemble that allows for scheduled operation calls?

Thanks

0 2
0 316
Question
· Aug 10, 2018
using Microsoft diskspd

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of using the Microsoft diskspd utility to test the storage infrastructure in Healthshare/Ensemble environment.

I am interested in getting some figures to highlight any issues with different approaches to provisioning the disks on our new environment.

I am at a loss as to what parameters I should use to give a reasonable synthetic load that will give me any indication of potential issues. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Jason

0 3
0 316

Hello All,

I connected the Cache from Power BI using ODBC connection. And I can able to view the tables but I could't able to view the data records. getting some error when I shoot on the table name. I couldn't trace what I'm missing. Please help me.

Error Message: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: exceptionType"

Thanks,

0 2
0 316

How to find a global's original namespace ? Potentially mapped from a different namespace .

I have a global ^Custom that exists in multiple namespaces but it could mapped from namespace Drone(A) to Launch(B)

Without access to Cache management portal how to find where is my global located using cache code ?

Like if ^Custom == ^[Drone]Custom ??

0 5
0 316

Hey everyone!

I recently learnt something new while working with WRC on an issue, and I wanted to share with everyone on the off chance it could help someone else.

Scenario:

Files are being inexplicably written to a folder on your server and, due to the number of files in the folder and general system throughput, it is not possible to work through the files to track down the source.

4 0
0 316

In the previous part of this series, we saw how to include data in a portlet from within DeepSee. This used the built in data controller. In this part, we are going to be pulling in data from outside of DeepSee. This will include both information from within InterSystems IRIS and from the OS.

Why use this?

This is useful if you would like to create a dashboard that only contains information about your system. It is also useful if you want to display data about your system along side data that you have stored in DeepSee.

2 0
0 316

In Studio, you can open the inspector and view the SQL Storage Map on %Persistent classes. Can you do this in Atelier or do you have to read the XML text? If it doesn't currently exist, are there plans to include it? The inability to perform certain functions in Atelier that can be done in Studio can be a 'point of conflict' when asking/forcing/encouraging developers to move to Atelier.

1 2
0 316
Question
· Sep 11, 2020
Automatic Watch variables

I come from Visual Studio and now I use mostly Cache 2017 Studio. One debugging functionality I miss dearly is current local variables automatically appearing in the Watch Variables window together with their values. Yes, I can hover or type them myself but both actions take extra time which is especially noticeable when debugging unfamiliar code across many routines. Any Cache settings or plugins to that effect? If not then why not? And if nothing else is there in Cache, what are the alternatives or hacks in this respect?

Anna

0 12
0 316

When I open a BPL, or DTL class in Atelier it attempts to open a graphical editor using Internet explorer.

Even though I have IE 11 installed it is somehow "stuck" in IE 7 emulation mode when invoked from Atelier (Eclipse).

So I get an error message, and cannot use the graphical editor. This has been true in the Marketplace Atelier 1.3 and also Beta.

I'm running Atelier IDE Beta 1.3.141, on Eclipse Javascript 2018-12-R.

Two questions:

Why cannot the editor work with IE7 anyway?

How can I get Atelier to invoke IE with the right options?

0 2
0 316

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to create a GIT repository and I am struggling to export all the relevant classes from Studio, as I only have access to Studio and not able to export via the Management Portal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can export from Studio as one project to include all the relevant folders and its associated classes?

Are there also any recommended documentations/links you would suggest to help me get a better understanding of GIT and how it works etc?

Thanks!

Pavi

0 1
1 315

Hi all

I'm testing migrating our existing installers (without ZPM) using the docker dev template as a basis with a commercial image and licence key.

So far everything builds as I expect, but the one issue I have is the production doesn't apply itself automatically.

In my iris.script I have custom installer that uses this manifest below but it does not observe the last three steps

0 2
0 315