InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,810 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jun 13, 2019
When is a number not a number?

Noticed some unexpected behavior when using $ZTH

Resultant values less than 1 are treated as strings and values >=1 are numbers. Causing heartburn in $Query / $Next / $Order loops. Is there a setting somewhere that can change this?

Example:

// Parse the time out of a text string whose format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSSsssssssss (lower case s = fractional parts)

Set MsgDT = "20180405000000001005933"
Set MsgDTH = $ZTH(($E(MsgDT,9,10)_":"_$E(MsgDT,11,12)_":"_$E(MsgDT,13,14)_"."_$E(MsgDT,15,23)),1)

//Do it again, but add a sec to the time string

0 7
1 433

I am trying to pull the word count from Microsoft Word document into Cache. Is there anyway to get the values of the extended file properties without opening the word document? If I right click on a word document (Word does not need to be installed) I can see the additional properties that I want to reference however don't know how to access these without calling out to VBA or poweshell.

0 3
0 348

In my production I receive an XLFO stream and I would like to pass that to the FOP pdf rendering engine to produce pdf files .So far in my research that can be achieved through ZEN .I would like to create an operation that will take advantage of that and be able to pass my XLFO stream to the operation and create pdf files I found something similar here but for some reasons I get errors like below if any one understands what they mean please advice or someone who had to do something sim

0 2
0 569

Have enabled LDAP for our numerous , Ensemble, IRIS and cache instances with many namespaces. All is working fine and the ldap logins work.

But have noticed that the first instance that the user logs into the namespace is assigned to that user, but when that user than logs into another instance the default namespace from the first login is still there and doesn't update to the new namespace.

So this doesn't effect the ldap login but is now effecting the terminal logins where the user is now getting access denied.

0 1
0 269

Hello,

I'm new to Iris for Health and I'm trying to get some experience using it. I've subscribed to the Intersystems Iris for Health software in AWS marketplace. I successfully spun up the EC2 instance with the default security group. The try-iris instance is healthy and successfully starts within EC2. I've also successfully changed the default password too.

However, I'm unable to authenticate into the management portal. The portal launches okay though I keep getting an access denied. I'm also unable to authenticate into a session from the EC2 instance.

1 2
0 384

Hello,

We have a BPL that returns in Response several %Strings, Dates. When we try to add Array of Objects property to the Response we verified just before the BPL terminates the response object has correct values in all properties including the array. We checked the Count(). It appears that even array of String works correctly but we prefer to pass objects rather than strings.

0 2
0 459
Article
· Nov 11, 2016 2m read
Caché process failures on RHEL V7.2

Caché process failures on RHEL V7.2

InterSystems WRC has investigated several issues of process failure that can be attributed to a recent change in Red Hat Linux.

A new feature implemented in RHEL V7.2 (systemd-219-19.el7.x86_64) can cause O.S. IPC (Inter-process communication) semaphores to be deallocated when a non-system RHEL user logs out (system users, i.e. with a UID number < 1000, are excluded)

3 1
1 671

I have several business operations that are all pointed to the same http server. Is there a way to set the http server within some sort of properties file or within the objectscript code? I want to be able to set the http server setting once rather than for every business operation. Any advice on how to go about doing this would be appreciated.

0 1
0 240
Article
· Jun 10, 2019 2m read
GitHub now supports ObjectScript

Hey developers,

I have great news for you. A few days ago, GitHub was updated with the latest version of linguist project, which is being used to recognize source code types in repositories. It helps to determine which programming language had been used in every file of the repository. Repository statistics section shows the results of this module work.

Also, you can search across all available GitHub repositories for any chosen language.

6 3
1 713

Hello,

When creating an outbound X12 file (834, 835, 837, etc), what's the easiest way to keep a segment count to use in the SE01 element? Other mapping tools I've used either detect it's an X12 file and do this automatically, or there's an option to keep a count after each outputted segment. The Data Transformation tool within Health Connect doesn't seem to have similar functionality, but I could just be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

0 3
0 1.1K
Question
· Jun 6, 2019
DICOM document path querying

Say you have a DICOM document with an input information sequence with many sequence items. You could access every item one by one by looping and querying the path by passing it to the GetValueAt method as demonsrated below.

This works but there are some performance issues on my system if the document has to be read for each query (as far as I know, that is the case on my system). Is there a way of querying a path, which would return the sequence items as an array? I think I am missing something. With 900 items the process takes around 20 seconds currently.

0 1
0 236

Hi Everyone!

One more session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

InterSystems IRIS in a Container

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gaZfBdQYnVE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 384
Question
· Jun 10, 2019
Purge timeframe

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the purge tasks in Ensemble consider a day to be midnight to midnight, or 24 hours from the time of running the task?

Thanks!

0 3
0 227

Hi Community!

I have very good news for the developers, who are using GitHub to host projects with InterSystems ObjectScript. GitHub introduced the support of InterSystems ObjectScript this week!

How does it work?

Now all the .cls files in your repository are considered as InterSystems ObjectScript and highlighted according to the language rules of ObjectScript. For example WebTerminal, Samples-Data.

17 7
1 935
Article
· Jun 10, 2019 1m read
more usefull Object Dump

During testing your code you are often confronted with the need to examine
the actual content of an object. Either using ZWRITE or $system.OBJ.Dump()
you get a picture of simple properties as "--- attribute values ---"
while "--- swizzled references ---" are more confusing than informative
and with "--- calculated references ---" you are just left in the lurch.

This small helper class allows you to dump an object to terminal or
e.g in background to some stream for later review.
By default, you see just properties with content,

16 0
1 919