InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2020.3 are GA (Generally Available)
GA releases are now published for the 2020.3 version of InterSystems IRIS, IRIS for Health, and IRIS Studio!
A full set of containers for these products is available from the WRC Software Distribution site, including community editions of InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health. In addition, all containers are also available from the new InterSystems Container Registry. This article explains how to use the registry.
The build number for these releases is 2020.3.0.221.0.
Community Edition containers can also be pulled from the Docker store using the following commands:
- docker pull store/intersystems/iris-community:2020.3.0.221.0
- docker pull store/intersystems/iris-community-arm64:2020.3.0.221.0
- docker pull store/intersystems/irishealth-community:2020.3.0.221.0
- docker pull store/intersystems/irishealth-community-arm64:2020.3.0.221.0
InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2020.3 makes it even easier to develop and deploy real-time, machine learning-enabled applications that bridge data and application silos. It has many new capabilities including:
Enhancements to the deployment and operations experience, both in the cloud and on-prem:
- IKO - configuring a Kubernetes cluster just got way easier with the new InterSystems Kubernetes Operator (IKO)
- ICM adds support for IAM deployments
- Asynchronous mirroring support for sharded clusters
- Work Queues are now manageable from the System Management Portal
Enhancements to the developer experience, including new facilities, higher performance, and compatibility with recent versions of key technology stacks:
- Python Gateway - invoke Python code snippets for your analytics and machine-learning related tasks
- Support for JDBC and Java Gateway reentrancy
- .NET Core 2.1 support for the .NET Gateway
- XEP adds support for deferred indexing
- Support for Spark 2.4.4
InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.3 includes all of the enhancements of InterSystems IRIS. In addition, this release includes
- APIs for sending and receiving FHIR request/response messages, for performing client-side FHIR operations.
- eGate support in the HL7 Migration Tooling
Documentation can be found here:
- InterSystems IRIS 2020.3 documentation and release notes
- InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.3 documentation and release notes
InterSystems IRIS Studio 2020.3 is a standalone development image supported on Microsoft Windows. It works with InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health version 2020.3 and below, as well as with Caché and Ensemble.
As this is a CD release, it is only available in OCI (Open Container Initiative) a.k.a. Docker container format. Container images are available for OCI compliant run-time engines for Linux x86-64 and Linux ARM64, as detailed in the Supported Platforms document.