InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2020.4 preview now available!
Preview releases are now available for the 2020.4 version of InterSystems IRIS, IRIS for Health and IRIS Studio. As this is a preview release, we are eager to learn from your experiences with this new release ahead of its General Availability next month.InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2020.4 makes it even easier to develop, deploy and manage augmented applications and business processes that bridge data and application silos. It has many new capabilities including:
Enhancements for application and interface developers, including:
- Support for Java SE 11 LTS, both when using Oracle OpenJDK and AdoptOpenJDK
- Support for Connection Pooling for JDBC
- A new "foreach" action in routing rules for segmented virtual documents
Enhancements for database and system administrators, including:
- ICM now supports deploying System Alerting and Monitoring (SAM) and InterSystems API Manager (IAM)
- Extensions to our SQL syntax for common administrative tasks
- Simplified deployment for InterSystems Reports
InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.4 includes all of the enhancements of InterSystems IRIS. In addition, this release includes
- Enhanced FHIR support, including support for FHIR profiles
- Support for the RMD IHE profile
- DataGate support in the HL7 Migration Tooling
More details on these features can be found in the product documentation:
- InterSystems IRIS 2020.4 documentation and release notes
- InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.4 documentation and release notes
As this is a CD release, it is only available in OCI (Open Container Initiative) a.k.a. Docker container format. Container images are available for OCI compliant run-time engines for Linux x86-64 and Linux ARM64, as detailed in the Supported Platforms document.
Container images for the Enterprise Edition and all corresponding components are available from the InterSystems Container Registry using the following commands:
docker pull containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/iris:2020.4.0.524.0 docker pull containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/irishealth:2020.4.0.524.0
For a full list of the available images, please refer to the ICR documentation.
Container images for the Community Edition can also be pulled from the Docker store using the following commands:
docker pull store/intersystems/iris-community:2020.4.0.524.0 docker pull store/intersystems/iris-community-arm64:2020.4.0.524.0 docker pull store/intersystems/irishealth-community:2020.4.0.524.0 docker pull store/intersystems/irishealth-community-arm64:2020.4.0.524.0
Alternatively, tarball versions of all container images are available via the WRC's preview download site.
InterSystems IRIS Studio 2020.4 is a standalone development image supported on Microsoft Windows. It works with InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health version 2020.4 and below, as well as with Caché and Ensemble. It can be downloaded via the WRC's preview download site.
The build number for this preview release is 2020.4.0.524.0 (updated from 2020.4.0.521.0 on Nov 2nd)