Question
· Jan 18, 2017
Java packages deprecated?

Short question: Why are (almost) all Java-Classes marked as deprecated? I never had any problems. And the docu for java-bindings are still (version 2016.2.1) not marked as deprecated. I ask, because in my case everything works and the writing of Unittests is easier than in Objectscript and i cannot find a note about the reason of the deprecation (at least in the classes i have checked).

0 2
0 665

I have a user with %All, and a user with %Admin_Task. The %All user can use SQL to view the %SYS_Task.HIstory table. The user with %Admin_Task does not have the privileges to see the same table.

What priv (or privs) is (or are) needed to view the %SYS_Task.History table? I just want to start with 'Select * from %SYS_Task.History'.

I've tried %Admin_Manage and %Admin_Operate. I must be close.

Thanks,

Laura

0 3
0 507

I realize that Cache Studio is the standard method to edit routines. However, some clients make it difficult to access their server that supports Studio. Is there an editor that can be run from the programmer prompt that allows simple WYSIWYG editing of routines? I know there is a %Routine class that you can use to do command-line editing, but I am looking for a full screen editor.

What was the standard in OpenVMS Cache before there was Cache Studio?

Thanks!
Bryan

0 7
0 1.4K

I want do to a "simple thing". Show a dynamic log of actions in the browser as we can see on Terminal. For that, I guess to make a simple CSP Page that show a new line every WRITE command is the thing I need.

But how I refresh after each WRITE?

How I can refresh the content automatically?

I made a simple CSP Page and in method OnPage I do this test:

write "Start..",!
for i=1:1:10{
hang 1
write "Doing "_i,!
}
0 4
0 413

Hi,

I am saving 2000 objects of a class in a loop.

In one environment it is taking a total of 86 seconds and in another environment it is taking 0.55 seconds.

The code (the class and the code for save) is same for both the environment. I have Ensemble 2012.1.5.956

Can somebody help me to identify the cause of the discrepancy. Is there any memory or any other setup which may cause the problem.

Thank you in davance,

Susobhan

0 2
0 208
Question
· Jan 13, 2017
GitLab CI examples?

Recently I started working with GitLab - GitHub self-hosted foss alternative. So far so good, liked the UI, ease of administration, and available functionality (I was on Phabricator previously, and still use it for repo mirroring).

GitLab has GitLab CI (GitLab Continuous Integration) which looks promising (pluggable docker/vm/ds to run code) , but I wondered if someone uses it already and can share scripts for it?

1 4
0 4.1K

In Studio you can open class with typing / pasting full classname Ctrl+O dialogs filenamebox.

in Open Atelier Class/Routine Dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T) you can't give full class name (package.class) and

when typing only classname part it does not give you any hint about package of those classes it shows.

Its' a bit frustrating when we can have ( and we have) lot of classess named similarily in different packages

and we have lot of packages so the tree crawling is a bit slow.

0 1
0 247

Hy.

I set up cache in container, which is working fine. But when accessing managment portal the default user was alway Unknown user and no username or password were required. So i disabled the Unknow user in the Security section, but now i keep getting an error access denid.

0 9
0 3.2K

Hi Group, I've followed the instructions from the documentation to configure LDAP and Ensemble to authenticate, however, I'm unable to authenticate using an account in the LDAP. The user is able to authenticate in a Linux shell. I have added the ObjectClass of IntersystemsAccount and the 3 group definitions to the schema. Other than adding the user to this group, do I have to change the user's objectClass at all?

This is not on active directory - it is a Linux based LDAP solution (slapd).

0 3
0 775

When working with a large query executed though an ODBC connection what is the best way to allow the paging of the results at the client side. I have tried some methods using %VID and similar methods, but these really don't seem to work as the value returned is related to the ID of the data and not the position in the results set. What would be ideal is if the value seen in the management portal when you check of "Row Number" was available to external queries through ODBC. I have not seen a way to return this however.

0 5
0 869

Currently, we have an application running in one namespace ("Database B") that has globals and routines mapped to another database ("Database A"). After enforcing clean up on Database A, we found that 90% of the disk is free. We would like to compact Database A and release the unused space. However, we are running OpenVMS, which seems to be the issue.

For databases consisting of only globals, we are able to use ^GBLOCKCOPY; however, we need to ensure that the routines and mappings are also copied.

1 8
0 1K