When I delete a class package, it seems to delete it from my workspace but the delete action is not synchronized with the server. Is there a way to delete this package both locally and on the connected server within Atelier?

#UPDATE - Added product version information
Atelier version: 1.2.118 (Beta)
Caché $ZV: Cache for UNIX (IBM AIX for System Power System-64) 2017.2 (Build 744) Fri Sep 29 2017 11:04:53 EDT

0 2
0 429

Hi there.

I'm really interested in using Atelier for its source control ability, and I have found a fair bit of info when it comes to starting a new project and then pushing that project to a chosen source control system.

However, my environment has a lot of existing code which was developed within Studio and Ensemble, and placing entire namespaces within a single project file feels wrong.

1 7
0 429

Hi All

I'm looking for some field experiences, lessons learned, or actual deployed solutions to the problem of replicating non-CACHE.DAT data in a mirrored Cache environment.

Environment:

• Operating System is IBM AIX
  • Hardware is IBM Power w/ virtualised storage
  • Cache 2017.1
  • 2x Production mirror members
  • 1x DR mirror member
0 1
0 429

So I know it's been a while, and I hate to let my adoring fans down... just not enough to actually start writing again. But the wait is over and I'm back! Now bask in my beautiful ginger words!

For this series, I am going to look at some common problems we see in the WRC and discuss some common solutions. Of course, even if you find a solution here, you are always welcome to call in and expression you gratitude, or just hear my voice!

This week's common problem: "My query returns no data."

7 1
0 429

We have a service account that is running queries to pull some data. It has read only access to the tables, but, unfortunately, the tool is starting a transaction before it reads the database. The query takes more than 20 minutes (21 - 23 minutes), so we're getting the console message that the transaction is open longer than 20 mins. Is there a way to prevent a user/service account from being able to start a transaction since it only has read access to all of the tables in the database?

0 10
0 428

Background: We have our own SQL map that predates InterSystems'. A program writes an XML file for each table map class as $system.OBJ.Export would. $system.OBJ.LoadDir loads the XML files into .cls files.

The reason is a long story, but we need to update parameter EXTENTSIZE (only) in existing classes. This does not seem to happen. As a test I used $system.OBJ.Export to make an XML file and edited EXTENTSIZE in the two places it appears in the XML:

0 4
0 428

Hi All,

I'm being asked if I can set up a AWS EC2 containerised version of IRIS and a separate AWS EC2 installation of Apache to serve IRIS web files.

Creating the Apache EC2 and containerised IRIS EC2 is the simple bit but getting them both to talk to each other does not seem quite so simple and I cannot find any documentation to describe how this can be achieved.

Has anyone else managed to achieve this?

0 8
0 428

Running predictive models natively in an InterSystems IRIS Business Process has of course always been the goal of our PMML support, but somehow never made it into the kit because there were a few dependencies and choices that needed addressing and answering. Anyhow, thanks to some pushing and code kindly provided by @Amir Samary (Thanks again Amir!), we finally got it wrapped in a GitHub repo for your enjoyment, review and suggestions.

1 2
3 428

Time after time on CSP Session page of our Cache 2017.2.1 installation I see that all licenses are consumed by CSP sessions of /csp/sys, /csp/sys/op/and /csp/sys/mgr applications which I assume are sessions of Management Portal. The problem is that there are only few of us accessing the Portal and as we test by browsing Portal, we can't reproduce the problem.

Is there any way to see client IP of CSP session? Any other way to approach the problem?

The problem looks very similar to the Forefox-related one but we don't use Forefox.

0 7
0 428
Question
· Jan 3, 2017
Deciphering Error Messages

When deciphering an error message (<MAXSTRING>main+45^LBZNSJHCACUPLB), my understanding is the error offset is 45 lines from "main". If there are "go sub" entries within this 45 lines, do you count the lines in the "go sub" section or do you do a straight count of lines ignoring the "go sub" section?

0 2
0 428

Hi Everyone,

Join the next online Developer Roundtable on July 27 to discuss how to optimize your dev practices. We'll have 2 short demos from our experts, time for Q&A and open discussion.

Invited experts:
@Timothy Leavitt , Development Manager, InterSystems
@Alex Woodhead, Senior Systems Developer, InterSystems
@Evgeny Shvarov, Senior Manager of Developer and Startup Programs, InterSystems

UPDATE: see the recording below or watch on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Umui_Q2JY7k
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 4
0 427

Hello,

searching messages in our Message Bank is quite slow, often runs into timeout.

I wanted to perform a tune table on Ens_Enterprise_MsgBank.MessageHeader because this apparently has not been done yet - the Tune Table utility shows no entries for selectivity, etc.

I tried

w $SYSTEM.SQL.Stats.Table.GatherTableStats("""Ens_Enterprise_MsgBank"".MessageHeader")

and got this error message

1 6
1 427

Hi!

I'm trying to connect to one of our Ensemble servers Cache database from a C#-windows form . I'm running the client from my local computer with OS win7. Using .NET FW ver 4.5.2 in the client.

ODBC local setup using "InterSystems ODBC35"

In this ODBC konfigurationview i can put my userID and password and try a testconnect (or ping). And that run successful.

However, we don't want to leave credentials in the ODBC-configuration it self (open up for anybody to use the source) but instead send it from the klients.

0 1
0 427