Hi guys,

I've two Ensemble instances running in a 2016 server but only one of them showing in startup programs.

the ensemble cubes doesn't showup in the programs list from the Start button as well so how can I add the cube so I can access it's facilities (Studio, MP,...etc)

0 4
0 209
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,880 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I'm using cache win10-x64 version 2017.2.1.801

I want to uniquely identify the installation of cache, and from that create a meaningful unique folder names to store files.

so to generate \192-168-1-100\KEVDEV\testfolder \ and \192-168-1-5\LIVE\testfolder\

so in this case, I could- use the IPaddress and thesecond part of $SYSTEM (cache instance name) - at least this way, I can instantly see where it came from with little risk of overwriting between cache instance.

0 10
0 1.2K

I'm required to do a transformation around patient physical addresses. If (for whatever reason) a patient has multiple addresses, I want to move the home address to the first iteration of PID:11 and remove all other iterations. I've accomplished the first bit using DTL, but for patients who have multiple addresses they are left with empty trailing iterations. Here is an example I mocked up:

How can I remove those trailing iterations?

0 2
0 298

Spring Boot is the most used Java framework to create REST API and microservices. It can be used to deploy web or executable web or desktop self-contained apps, where the application and another dependencies are packaged toghether. Springboot allows you do to a lot of functions, see:

Note: to learn about SpringBoot see official site - https://spring.io/quickstart

2 9
0 2.1K

(I wasn't able to find this in the docs or the Community, so feel free to point me to a reference that I missed)

How can I determine the effective User and Group that will be used when an InterSystems IRIS process is doing file I/O on the file system for UNIX? Bonus points if you can tell me how to do it from within InterSystems IRIS as well as from the host OS.

Thanks!

0 11
0 420

I'm trying to write a method that runs an OS command with $zf(-100,"/ASYNC") and then waits for it to finish before returning, but I can't figure out how to check if the child process (in $zchild) is still running. $System.Process.State($zchild) always returns "RUN" even once the child process is gone. Is there some better way to check this, short of running another OS-specific command and processing the output (which is just really annoying and unelegant)?

0 8
0 374
Article
· Nov 26, 2021 13m read
Traditional Debugging in ObjectScript

Finding errors in your code or examining unexpected behavior is the main purpose of Debugging
I will try to refresh the traditional tools away from the helpers you have in Studio, VScode, Serenji, ....
to the basics which have been there before your preferred EDI used it in the background.

19 10
3 1.2K

Hey Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Git & GitLab for Shared Development Environments

https://www.youtube.com/embed/elVQEU9MitE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 1
3 746
Question
· Jan 31, 2022
Globals documentation

I have a client with cache instance that is growing by 10-30G/day. In order to determine what is consuming space I ran "DO ^%GSIZE" to generate a report. From the report the bulk of the space consumption is from a couple of globals which appear to be built in globals not user defined. I would like to find documentation that details the function of these globals to help me understand how and why space is being consumed at such a rapid pace.

0 4
0 342

Hi Community,

I have json equivalent persistent object in pjsonObj variable. Final JSON example below.

{
"Document": {
"FileExtension": "pdf",
"FileContent": "JVBERi0xLjUNCiW1tbW1DQo...(very large bsae64 string)"
}
}

Here FileContent field in json will contain converted base64 string of very large pdf(10pages). I need to submit this json as a payload to REST endpoint.

below code is working fine.

2 1
0 366

Hi everyone, i cant understand what is wrong in my query:

ALTER TABLE MyNamespace.MyTable ALTER COLUMN CurrentColumnName RENAME NewColumnName

I just want to rename column name using sql.

I could not find any life example using this syntax.

SQLCODE for this query is -25:

-25 Input encountered after end of query

Quote from documentation:

0 12
0 542
Article
· Dec 19, 2021 5m read
IntegratedML walkthrough

The InterSystems IRIS IntegratedML feature is used to get predictions and probabilities using the AutoML technique. The AutoML is a Machine Learning technology used to select the better Machine Learning algorithm/model to predict status, numbers and general results based in the past data (data used to train the AutoML model). You don't need a Data Scientist, because the AutoML it will test the most common Machine Learning algorithms and select the better algorithm to you, based in the data features analysed. See more here, in this article.

4 3
1 711
Question
· Feb 1, 2022
VSCode: Formatter not found

Hi,

I am using VSCode together with IRIS 2021.1.
When using Shift+Alt+F to reformat a class file, it pops up with the below message. When I select install formatter, it routes me to the extensions page, where it shows the extensions as being installed. Any advice will be appreciated.

0 8
0 827

This article is a follow-up to the previous one on how to migrate from popular databases (like PostgreSQL and MySQL) to IRIS.
We will use the same procedures utilized to migrate from PostgreSQL. However, you will see that it is even easier since the data types in MySQL are very similar to IRIS. That is why we will not need to create transformation rules in the columns.

Get the sample data to the migration process

In GitHub it is possible to download a docker-compose project to build and run 2 databases:

6 0
0 499

In this article I will explain the usage of %SQL_Diag.Result and %SQL_Diag.Message table along with all-new LOAD DATA functionality.

It is recommended to go through LOAD DATA documentation first.

After successful operation LOAD DATA insert one record in %SQL_Diag.Result table and details are inserted in %SQL_Diag.Message table

Below is the basic command when table is already created and source file does not contain header row.

LOAD DATA FROM FILE 'C://TEMP/mydata.txt' 
INTO MyTable

The file name must include a .txt or .csv (comma-separated values) suffix and both source and target have the same sequence of data columns.

Loading from File Source: Header

3 1
0 230
Article
· Nov 22, 2021 2m read
Apache Zeppelin + IRIS Quick Start

Apache Zeppelin it's a Multi-purpose notebook that allow you:

• Data Ingestion
  • Data Discovery
  • Data Analytics
  • Data Visualization and Collaboration.

Apache Zeppelin interpreter concept allows any language/data-processing-backend to be plugged into Zeppelin. Currently Apache Zeppelin supports many interpreters such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Python, R, JDBC, Markdown and Shell.

4 4
2 437

Hi Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube! Learn about the easy process of migrating to InterSystems IRIS:

Join Us on a Journey from Caché/Ensemble to InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1x5M2TXJcD4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 233