InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,819 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hey Developers,

See how you can develop a .NET application and connect to InterSystems IRIS® data platform using one or more APIs:

Using NET to Connect to InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lUnsuGj1nys
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 203

Hi Everyone,

I am a very new to IRIS Object Script Development. There is a usecase where I have to execute a .sh file from the object script. I am looking for examples for that, but what I find is the ways to execute the shell commands. Can you please point me to some examples executing a .sh file. Thanks in Advance

0 7
0 340
Article
· Jul 1, 2022 2m read
Reviews on Open Exchange - June 2022

If one of your packages on OEX receives a review you get notified by OEX only own YOUR package.
The rating reflects the experience of the reviewer with the status found at the time of review.
It is kind of a snapshot and might have changed meanwhile.
Reviews by other members of the community are marked by * in the last column.

0 0
0 153

We recently migrated to IRIS. Before, the CACHE.EXE executable could be invoked from a batch file directly :

C:\InterSystems\Cache\bin\cache.exe -s C:\InterSystems\Cache\mgr -U %SYS

This will display the following in console :

Node: DESKTOP-8H4B321, Instance: CACHE

USER>

Additionally, the pipe instruction can be used to redirect some commands directly

echo write 50 | C:\InterSystems\Cache\bin\cache.exe -s C:\InterSystems\Cache\mgr -U %SYS

0 5
0 391

I have a table with a Varchar(max) column that I have created via the HealthShare SQL portal, and I see that in it's underlying class that column corresponds to a %Stream.GlobalCharacter

When I try to do a text search on that column (referenced as cd.Code in the example below) I get an error

0 1
0 239

Hi There,

I'm fairly new to ObjectScript/Ensemble and I'm sure I may be fundamentally misunderstanding how the %JSONImport/%JSONExport and XDATA mapping work and I was hoping you good folks could help me out. I'm essentially trying to create an object that I can use to translate from one JSON schema to another.

First my class:

0 3
0 325

I'm hoping someone here has some tips. I'm trying to filter by d/t in a routing rule. Basically if before a specific d/t, send to one feed. If after, send to another. The d/t time is in a yyyymmddhhmmss format. I've tried a couple things but can't get it to work as expected. Any tips to accomplish this would be appreciated.

0 2
0 180

Hi All! We have recently updated the Exploring Healthcare Analytics with InterSystems exercise to a new version. Originally from a 2021 Virtual Summit experience lab, this exercise now focuses more specifically on using InterSystems IRIS Adaptive Analytics with InterSystems IRIS for Health. It features a new and improved data model and exercise to explore. Feel free to give it a try!

0 0
0 116

Hey Community,

We're thrilled to invite you to the next InterSystems in-person event! Join us for a true community event, once again bringing together InterSystems customers and partners – to learn, inspire, and share innovation challenges with each other:

➡️ InterSystems UK & Ireland Summit 2022

🗓 Date: October 18-19, 2022

📍 Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom – The Vox Conference Centre

2 0
0 1.1K
Question
· Jun 4, 2022
SSL/TLS connection error

Hi Guys,

I'm getting the below TLS error in SSL_connect(), SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, I've treid mulitple SSL/TLS configuration and still get the same error, so should I be asking the client that I'm trying to connect if there a specific certificate or configuration!?

0 4
0 520

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

I this article we'll discuss:

• GitLab installation and configuration
  • Connecting your environments to GitLab
2 2
1 1.8K

Hi Community,

We are glad to invite you to the upcoming Climate change InterSystems Full Stack Contest Kick-off Webinar focused on climate change issues! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Full Stack contest.

We'll discuss the key challenges and problems that Climate Change and Global Warming set up and how they can be probably solved. As always, our experts will answer the questions on how to develop, build, and deploy full-stack solutions using InterSystems IRIS.

Date & Time: Monday, June 27 – 09:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 ​​​Ainar Abdrakhmanov, Climate change expert, co-author of 4 waves course, Co-Founder, SEO at Longevica
🗣 @Timothy Leavitt, InterSystems Development Manager
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

0 2
0 301

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with an issue we are facing. We are trying to add a parent-child relationship between 2 tables in the database that already contain data. We are able to add the new relationship property to the required data classes, and set the desired cardinality. We have also included code that will add the relationship using the Insert() method to new data that comes in.

The problem we have is how do we add the relationship to data that already exists in the database?

0 3
0 232

Hello community,

I'd like to briefly announce three new packages, available on the Open Exchange / through ZPM, that can really help accelerate modern full-stack application development on IRIS. I announced all of these in a Global Summit session last week, but you may have missed it - and I hear there's a full-stack application development contest coming up!

4 0
1 295
Announcement
· Jun 27, 2022
UK & Ireland Summit 2022

Couldn't see this on the community, not sure why...

UK & Ireland Summit 2022
Leading Through Innovation

18-19 October 2022 – The VOX, NEC, Birmingham

Join us for a true community event, once again bringing together InterSystems customers and partners – to learn, inspire, and share innovation challenges with each other. To register, please complete the form below.

2 0
0 187
Question
· Jun 20, 2022
Visual Studio c#

Hi, I tried the following exercise from the IRIS documentation. I updated the username, password and IP address, but receiving this error;

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. --->

I can use the same credentials and IP address to connect ok via VSCode to my local IRIS...

Any pointers much appreciated.

0 3
0 306

I think it's a known fact that Populate Utility has very limited functionality. It supports only one language and one country. The list of possible values does not have so many options.

There is a kind of tool that now can help with it, named Faker. It has implementations in different languages, including Python. Since IRIS has now had the Embedded Python feature, Python faker can be implemented in IRIS.

5 3
0 242