InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,757 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I am trying to use EnsLib.SQL.Operation.GenericOperation for retrieving (multiple) rows. But I am looking for a way to handing a StreamContainer returned by the operation, in my business process such as receiving it in the Context object and packing it to a request to call another business operation.

Does anyone have sample code to do this?

Thanks.

1 2
0 199

Hi Community!

We are proud to announce that InterSystems will be hosting the Women's Health - FemTech: Much More than A Niche Market!

⏱ Time: July 28, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
📍 Location: Online event

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BYN1a7oMPds
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 256

I am calling a stored procedure over an ODBC connection and every time I call it there are several warnings written to the log event {Found no Parameter 1 (used as 1) for query}.I seem to be getting this on every query executed and that seems to happen a number of times the query parameters are per query and its filling up my disc.

1) Is there a way to suppress these warnings as the query seems to be executed and data written to the database?

1 1
0 189
Question
· Jul 19, 2022
Empty HTTP response

Hi Guys,

We use the below code to send JSON file to one of our clients and was working fine but I think lately they did a windows update and now whenever we send file we aren't getting any HTTP responses, success or Error, just empty response ()

the think is that it works fine and we get 200 response if we send the JSON file using our client's portal called swagger which is a website where you can assign the token and url (Swagger UI (vibra-api-prod.azurewebsites.net))

0 6
0 225

Hello, I'm using the InterSystems IRIS connector for Power BI to connect to our Iris for Health database, using Direct Query.

I have a column [Company] which is datatype bigint, and as far as I can tell the data is 2 for most (or all?) records.

When I bring the data into Power BI, every row shows as NULL (I think it should be 2 for most)

= Table.SelectRows(Table, each [Company] <> null and [Company] <> "")

-- removes all rows

0 0
0 168
Article
· Jul 19, 2022 4m read
Caution with Mixing OO and SQL

Mixing Object syntax with SQL is one of the nice features in Object Script. But in one case, it gave strange results, so I decided to isolate the case and describe it here.

Let's say you need to write a classmethod that updates a single property on disk. Usually, i would write that using SQL like this :

2 5
0 268

Hi,

I want to access a Stored Procedure in a remote SQL Server Database. I am quite new to Object script.

The stored procedure has 3 parameters: 2 datetime parameters and 1 integer.

Which is the best way to do that? I'm wondering if I can use the link stored procedure feature inside object script or some SQL statement in Object Script.

This SP returns a set of rows which I want to read, transform and save in a persistent class.

Thanks in advance,

0 18
0 2K

I want to display to the user on their Zen page how much time is left before their session times out.

I know I can set the %session.AppTimeout to a particular value (or manage this in the Web Application) and I know I can retrieve this value from the %session object. I also know that I can set an event handler to do something when the session has timed out but I cannot find any way to determine how long before the session ends via the application timeout so that I can keep the user informed.

0 3
1 362
Article
· Jun 30, 2022 8m read
What's new in Angular 14

Hi! My name is Sergei Sarkisian and I’m creating Angular frontend for more than 7 years working in InterSystems. As the Angular is very popular framework, our developers, customers and partners often choose it as part of the stack for their applications.

I would like to start series of articles which will cover different aspects of Angular: concepts, how-to, best practices, advanced topics and more. This series will target people who already familiar with Angular and wouldn’t cover basic concepts. As I’m in the process of building articles roadmap, I would like to begin with highlighting some important features in most recent Angular release.

3 1
0 1.3K

Hi! Today I would like to talk about one of the most important architectural patterns in Angular.

The pattern itself is not related to Angular directly, but as Angular is component-driven framework, this pattern is one of the most essential for building modern Angular applications.

Container-Presentation pattern

It is believed that good components should be small, focused, independent, testable and most important - reusable.

6 0
0 865

ObjectScript Kernel Logo
Jupyter Notebook is an interactive environment consisting of cells that allow executing code in a great number of different markup and programming languages.

To do this Jupyter has to connect to an appropriate kernel. There was no ObjectScript Kernel, that is why I decided to create one.

You can try it out here.

Here's a sneak peek of the results:

10 4
3 782

Hey Developers,

Develop a Java application that connects to InterSystems IRIS® data platform relationally, natively, or with objects:

Using Java to Connect to InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PggUfO14U2g
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 180

There are many ways to generate excel files using Intersystems, some of them are ZEN reports, IRIS reports ( Logi reports or formally known as JReports), or we can use third party Java libraries, the possibilities are almost endless.

But, what if you want to create a simple spreadsheet with only Caché ObjectScript? (no third party applications)

15 15
10 1.9K

Hi All - we recently released an updated version of Configuring Alerts for Clinicians with Healthcare Action Engine. This exercise for HealthShare customers allows you to get a taste of the key features of Healthcare Action Engine, which was recently announced at Global Summit. You will build decision support that results in clinical actions in this exercise. Feel free to check it out if you are a HealthShare customer!

0 0
0 411

Hi Developers!

We're happy to announce the first Developers Random Coffee launched on Global Masters. The idea is to create new impactful connections between Developer Community members.

The mechanic is simple:

✅ You will receive a direct message on Global Masters with the name of your Random Coffee partner and link to his/her GM profile.

Your task is to message your partner and schedule 15-min online call to get to know each other.

✅ Don't forget to take a screenshot of the online call meeting - you will be able to upload it in the challenge and get 500 bonus points on Global Masters!

Ready to join Random Coffee in July? Complete >> this challenge << till July 19!

1 0
0 220
Question
· Jul 7, 2022
HELP DOUBTS MSM-MUMPS-UNIX

Hi, can anyone tell me how I should do the parameter calculation below in the MSM / MUMPS of Intersystems? STAP SIZE
STACK SIZE
MAX MODIFIED BUFFERS
DISK I / O RATE
SLICE COMMANDS
PARTITION SIZE
BUFFER POOL SIZE

0 5
0 327