Greetings,

Can someone please show me via coding example(s) how to write an input prompt that will read in a function key, F7 for example, validate that the key pressed is F7 and then process it all via cache.

0 7
0 419

NewBie's Corner Session 6 If and Kill commands

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Click on the Caché Cube in your system tray and select Terminal to try out the commands.

As in other computer programming languages, the If command is the primary decision makes.

If command with numeric operands

0 0
0 419
Question
· Apr 19, 2016
MessagePack support

MessagePack is a binary-based efficient object serialization library. It enables to exchange structured objects between many languages like JSON. But unlike JSON, it is very fast and small.

Any chance of adding support for MessagePack?

1 2
0 419

Good morning
Thank you for taking the time to read this issue.

In interoperability environments, in what way is it recommended to monitor and detect changes in Web Production components between environments, for example between Pre-Production and Production, or even between alternate Nodes of Production Mirrors?

We ask this question in order to find out what are the best practices, and what is the most methodical, systematic, simple, robust and secure way to perform this monitoring.

1 19
0 418
Article
· Apr 16, 2023 4m read
Tuples ahead

Overview

Cross-Skilling from IRIS objectScript to Python it becomes clear there are some fascinating differences in syntax.

One of these areas was how Python returns Tuples from a method with automatic unpacking.

Effectively this presents as a method that returns multiple values. What an awesome invention :)

out1, out2 = some_function(in1, in2)

ObjectScript has an alternative approach with ByRef and Output parameters.

Do ##class(some_class).SomeMethod(.inAndOut1, in2, .out2)

Where:

3 0
0 418

InterSystems FAQ rubric

You can programmatically retrieve routine dates and sizes using the RoutineList query of the %Library.Routine (or just %Routine) class.

The RoutineList query has an argument, and the routine name to be searched can be specified by prefix match or middle match. (For wildcards, specify * or ?)

In the example below, *.MAC is specified as an argument.

5 2
0 418

Hello! Need help...
Please tell a newbie how to connect to a remote database.
OS Centos 7, WebServer type Apache, version cache - cache-2014.1.5.851.1-lnxrhx64,
license:
[ConfigFile]
FileType=License 5.1

[License]
LicenseCapacity=Cache 5.0 Entree - Concurrent Users for Intel (Linux):40, Multi-Server
CustomerName=...
OrderNumber=2010...
ExpirationDate=4/26/2036
AuthorizationKey=...
MachineID=

0 15
1 418

Hi my fellows camrades,

I have a question that seems really simple but it's quite a pain in my ass right now.

I had to rename (take a file from a directory and move it to another) which is a .hl7. Whenever this file has been displaced, I have to change the extension from .hl7 to .OK without using the rename method. Maybe using the attribut?

Do you have any ideas how I could do it?

This should follow the step i have explained right before.

I have a service to take the file but i need an operation to rename it then change his name.

0 2
0 418

Register for our free NLP webinar to learn how to accelerate your data interpretation workflow.

Key learnings from the webinar:

✔️How we connect OMICs layers and text in your research,

✔️How to link your data to multiple knowledge domains using a single simple notebook,

✔️How our API Functions and digital notebooks can support your NLP and OMICs data interpretation to extend your workflows,

2 0
0 418
Question
· Jan 8, 2022
SQL LOAD DATA date values

I have csv date file with date values like this "4/10/2021" for April 10, 2021. I defined a table with this property: Property TranDate As %Library.Date.

I capture error

[SQLCODE: <-104>:<Field validation failed in INSERT, or value failed to convert in DisplayToLogical or OdbcToLogical>] [Location: <ServerLoop>] [%msg: <Field 'dc_data_finance.transact.TranDate' (value '4/10/2021') failed validation Field ...

I do not really want to change TranDate to %String. How can I import "4/10/2021" into %Date property?

0 10
0 418

I'm using FOP 1.1 for ZEN reports and would like to install fonts within the Windows/Fonts directory.

I added the xml tags in fop.xconf but so far I have been unable to get the correct font.

<renderers>
<renderer mime="application/pdf">

<fonts>
<directory>c:\windows\fonts</directory>
<!-- automatically detect operating system installed fonts -->
<auto-detect/>
</fonts>

</renderer>

</renderers>

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 5
0 418

After linking in Oracle Table with Field Column's Data Types of NUMBER, my updates into these table fields are resulting in data that is being rounded to 2 decimal places. I insert a record with 1234.1234 and 1234.12 is stored.

It appears Cache xDBC might be manipulating my values prior to sending to Oracle. Is there a setting or system parameter that is controlling this? If so, is there a way to relax this from occurring so the values I send are being stored in Oracle with the same values?

0 10
0 418

Hi All,

Can you please guide me on how to restore the .cbk file from the 2015 Cache version into the 2017 version or any other versions of Cache or IRIS software? I have a new instance on my server. It's an entirely new server. I have a .cbk backup file. I want to restore the backup file into a new namespace which one I will create on my new server. When I am trying on ^DBREST utility, I am getting "This is not a Cache Backup File" this error.

Please advise on this. It's a bit urgent.

Thanks,

Arun Kumar.

0 6
0 418

Hello,

we use a NAS to archive stream from database to files. If we look at the file size on disk, it is bigger than expected.

For example :

File size is 127K

ls -alh | grep write-chupmb-pdf
127K 2020-07-02 10:43 write-chupmb-pdf

Size on disk is 192K

du -sh * | grep write-chupmb-pdf
192K    write-chupmb-pdf

Or expected size is 128K (with 4K blocs)

0 3
0 418

Hi ObjectScript developers!

How to Protect Your Belongings from Pests While Moving - Delicate ...

InterSystems ObjectScript is perhaps the best language on the planet to deal with globals - and it is an interpretable language.

Yes, it has a compiler. But even the compiler can compile some lines in ObjectScript which will then fire as bugs during the runtime.

There are some technics on how to avoid that such as unit testing, coding guidelines and your coding experience, of course ;)

Here I want to present to you the yet another approach to how you can reduce the number of errors in your ObjectScript runtime and enforce coding guidelines - it's an ObjectScript Quality tool developed by Lite Solutions, InterSystems solution partner.

See the details below.

4 0
0 418

Dear Community,

In advance of the upcoming release of InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 and InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.1, we're pleased to invite you to the “Office Hours: InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Preview” webinars. These Q&A sessions will provide a forum for you to ask questions and learn about the latest product features in the upcoming releases.

The webinar will feature members of InterSystems product management team who will answer questions and provide additional information about the new features and enhancements.

We will be hosting two sessions on Thursday, February 20, 2020. Reserve your spot by clicking one of the buttons below for the appropriate time slot.

➡️ 8AM (EST) WEBINAR

➡️ 1PM (EST) WEBINAR

3 2
1 418
Hi Community! Here is a digest of the Most Noticed InterSystems Developer Community Questions for 2019. Please welcome!
Most viewed

7 5
0 418

Hi Community!

When you run IRIS container out-of-the-box and connect to it via terminal e.g. with:

docker-compose exec iris bash

You see something like:

root@7b19f545187b:/opt/app# irissession IRIS

Node: 7b19f545187b, Instance: IRIS

Username: ***

Password: ***

USER>

And you enter login and password every time.

How to programmatically setup docker-compose file to have IRIS container with OS authentication enabled? And have the following while entering the terminal:

root@7b19f545187b:/opt/app# irissession IRIS

Node: 7b19f545187b, Instance: IRIS

USER>

0 3
0 418
Article
· Sep 7, 2022 7m read
REST JSON webservices presentation

Hello Community!

This article gives an overview of the REST JSON webservices developed for TrakCare.

These webservices allow users to access TrakCare data from outside of the software, mainly through external apps.

They are developed in REST with ObjectScript, and they allow data access in four modes:

3 0
1 417

Hi all,

I have a requirement to periodically poll a URL to fetch some XML data based on a list of query data, lets say every hour, and map what's returned to HL7 then send downstream, I mostly have everything contained within a business process and DTL but I'm lacking a way of invoking the process every X minutes,

The client has a prefence for as much as possible to be done via out of the box components in the standard HL7 model of "Service --> Process/Rule/DTL --> Operation" within the Web UI,

0 5
1 417

Hello,

I don't know if the title is accurate enough. I have a legacy code that I need to optimize. It's a routine written in objectscript. It accepts 4 parameters and runs 6 nested FOR...$ORDER reading a big global.

The thing is when I run the routine the first time it takes around 60 seconds to run. If I run it again it takes 5 seconds. If I wait around 6 to 10 minutes to run it again, it takes 60 seconds again, but if I run it every 1, 2, 3... minutes it still takes only 5 seconds to run.

0 9
0 417

I'd like to share with you some storage features that also exist in Caché but are almost
unknown and mostly not used. They are of course available in IRIS and gain importance
with large and distributed storage architectures.

14 0
0 417

HI Community,

Now Intersystems has developers definitely cut-off from Zen/CSP I am looking for sample code how to invoke server-side methods from Angular and PHP, Java client.

I only see some rest/json crud examples, but that is not the whole picture I assume.

Let's say I have a persistent Class with a class method to import or modify data...

I want to invoke this from my Angular App or PHP app.

any examples, suggestions?

0 5
0 417
Question
· Apr 15, 2021
Return ACK from Process

Hello,

We would need some help, please

First of all thanks for your time used reading this question

Also, thanks for your patience

We need to generate an ACK in a Process and return it to the Service to reply

We have currently written a code block with: