Question
· Feb 18, 2016
Message Error - CSP.Page

The cache has error messages default, for example , " -139 SQLCODE : Competition impairment on the update: row versions are not the same. "

How i can exchange it for a more friendly to the user's message? I use the CSP.Page and form_save ( ).

What is best practice for this situation?

2 3
0 970
Question
· Mar 17, 2016
Atelier Debugging

I am trying to debug a class on Atelier and it is not stopping at the defined breakpoint.

Atelier IDE Version: 1.0.107 - Cloud Connection

I have already taken a look at the Community´s Atelier Debugging Video and followed the steps without success.

Can anybody help me on that?

Tks.

2 3
0 382

I am having a problem when using atelier on my instance, which I just synched from perforce on latest and then did a built

I am getting the error
ERROR #5880: Unable to create source control class: %Studio.SourceControl.ISC [zSourceControlCreate+17^%Studio.SourceControl.Interface.1:%SYS]

every time I want to open any class or routine from %SYS namespace in the Server tab.

Did someone had the same issue?

Mario

2 5
0 459

Hi

I have been experimenting with the creation of a set of REST services for an app. The basic GET operation is set to create a %ZEN.proxyObject instance, and then set an instance of a Persistant class as a property, which gives me all of the values I want to return. However, it also gives me some values that I don't want to return over REST (because they are both private, and large registered objects which will bog down performance)

2 3
0 453

If you've got more than one developer on a project, do you each work in your own namespace? Or do you all use a common namespace?

Through my work at George James Software I have encountered many different Caché and Ensemble development setups. At risk of over-generalizing, the older and more established users of InterSystems technologies seem more likely to have all their developers working in a common namespace, whereas the newer 'converts' tend to favour giving each developer their own namespace.

2 7
0 781

Hello,

For CachéQuality I'd love to be able to create issues when the programmer uses classes which are deprecated for this or that version of Caché... But short of reading all the changelogs of all versions, I can't really tell when a command appeared (for instance RETURN; I know now that it appeared in 2014.x, but it took me some time to realize that), or when a (set of) class(es) became deprecated (for instance %GlobalCharacterStream to be replaced with %Stream.GlobalCharacter -- I don't even know since which version this is true :/).

2 2
0 324
Question
· Jun 15, 2016
Cluster deployment recipes?

Let assume you have a infinitely scaling algorithm implemented in your application, using replication, ECP, or any other means of horizontal scaling, and let assume you know how to run your system under any volume of requests, the trick is to deploy required number of computing nodes in the cluster. If we are talking about cluster of 2-4 nodes your administrator (or as they call it today "devops engineer") will install anything manually. Probably he will easily handle 5 nodes configuration in the cluster.

2 8
0 615
Question
· Nov 7, 2016
CLS location from INT code

Given location in INT code, as Cache usually reports on error (zWriteReport+25^SomeFile.1), is there any programmatic way to determine corresponding place in original source code?

Jiri

2 10
1 816

Is there a function in Atelier that's equivalent to Studio's "Find in Files"? Namely, to search for assets containing a given search pattern across an entire namespace -- not just across files that are currently in the local project.

I've been playing with the search functions in Eclipse, and so far haven't found a combination of options that will search against assets that are only on the server -- I can only get results for assets that are already in my workspace.

2 7
0 681
Question
· Sep 9, 2016
Trimming...

Hello, guys.

I found one interesting moment in Cache Object Script. It doesn't have(or at least I didn't find) trimming function. By trimming I mean if a string has some whitespaces/tabs/carriage returns from very beginning or/and from very right, this function removes them.

I have found several workaround ways.

1. Using Cache Basic

1 6
0 1.8K

Hello,

I need to create a query that return the amount of heath related information from a patient.

I created one using the Analitics but, once our Analitcs database is update once a day this information is not reliable during the current query day.

Part of my Analitcs query is shown below. Where can I find the equivalent tables in Health Share? Any help is appreciate.

Tanks In Advance.

--Analitcs Query

1 6
0 400
Question
· Nov 7, 2016
Binary Support in JSON?

I'm working on a REST service which will include a binary stream as a request property. I'm currently encoding the stream as BASE64 and passing it as a string value, but I was wondering if there is anything in the Caché JSON support that may be a better fit for encoding this data? Thanks Chris

1 3
0 848

I have a class which defines a property as array of %String. Is it possible to index values of this property and use this property in SQL?

I have tried 'Index idx On prop(ELEMENTS)' and then a select from the generated collection table, but this is still orders of magnitude slower than queries to the containing class.

1 2
0 457

I would like to know how to get the key value from a dropdownmenuitem placed on a navbar.

I have tried to get from onselect and onchange events of the template class, but it didn´t work.

According to the snapshot attached I am trying to retrieve the values from 'action-1' and 'action-2'.

I have attached a ZIP file with a snapshot which value I am trying to retrieve and example classes.

Thanks.

1 8
0 310

Hi Community,

How can I create a JSON with the object ID by using the %Object:$toJSON API?

I have the following piece of code bellow where I create an object reference, create a %Object instance from %fromObject and them I am creating the JSON from $toJSON, but it does not expose the %ID (object id). How is the best approach to create a JSON with the respectives object IDs?

1 7
0 1.5K

Good afternoon, I have working prototypes of each of these approaches. I do not have an expansive cache background.

I have a couple of projects where I am ingesting files from disk.

The name of the file contains a lot of the information I will need to reference the file in the future.

1 2
0 870