InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 20,191 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

In our latest episode of Data Points, I had a conversation with @Thomas Dyar about AI Link, which helps bridge the gap between data scientists and business analysts. Our conversation talks about how AI Link fits with IntegratedML and Adaptive Analytics, as well, as what new features are on the horizon for IntegratedML. Take a listen!

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/1346398
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 153

In this article, we'd like to describe Med.me's incubation experience and takeaways, the cross-organizational booking problem, and our approach to solving it.

This exciting story started during one of the regular medtech meetups, where I met @Evgeny Shvarov, senior InterSystems chief of the Developer Community. Following the good old startup rule “pitch wherever you can”, I briefly explained to Evgeny Med.me concept – EHR exchange and appointment scheduling platform to automate and simplify communication between clinics, pharma on one hand and insurance companies, doctors, and patients on the other.

Evgeny listened carefully and replied that InterSystems provides plenty of products to solve the interoperability problems amongst the vast variety of EMRs and kindly advised me to hurry up to apply to the FHIR incubator Caelestinus powered by InterSystems.

That led to a start of an amazing 9-months long road where we were able to ramp up our understanding of interoperability, participate at the InterSystems Global Summit, find new customers and partners, and where the new concept of Resource Availability Exchange was born.

6 0
1 350

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems IRIS for Health Contest – a great opportunity to have a discussion with the InterSystems Experts team as well as our contestants.

Winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Friday, December 9, 10:00 AM EDT

>> Register here <<

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5xc_9QP4xzc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 1
0 257

I'm testing an HL7 2.4 -> HL7 2.3.1 set of transformations. For the time being the source (service) and sink (operation) are file adapters. What I'd really like is to be able to save the output file with a name matching/containing the input file name - but as the DTL transformation in between uses "new" rather than "copy" it looks like I'm losing (some of?) the metadata, including the "Source" field (Body tab, message viewer).

Is there any way of preserving the Source field so the OutboundAdapter has access to it?

0 3
0 408

Hi,

I have two versions of Cache running on two separated servers. In one server, the version is 2018.1, and have the web application 'api/atelier', and the other server the version is 2016.1.

The question is, can I export the web application 'api/atelier' from 2018.1 and import/install it on 2016.1 version?

Thanks!

0 6
0 378
Article
· Nov 29, 2022 6m read
What's HL7v2?!

HL7 (Health Level 7) is a set of technical specifications for computerized exchanges of clinical, financial and administrative data between hospital information systems (HIS). These specifications are variously integrated into the corpus of formal American (ANSI) and international (ISO) standards.

The L7 of HL7 indicates that it is a standard that operates at layer 7, in other words at the application layer, of the OSI model. This means that HL7 does not have to take into account exchange security considerations, or those of message transport (this being ensured by lower-level layers such as SSL/TLS for security or TCP for the transport of data for example). To be more precise, layer 7 supports communications for end-user processes and applications and the presentation of data for user-facing software applications. As the highest layer of the OSI model, and the closest to the end user, layer 7 provides application-specific functions such as identifying communication partners and the quality of service between them, determining resource availability, considering privacy and user authentication, and synchronizing communication, as well as connecting the application to the lower levels of the OSI model.

Returning to the HL7 standard, the HL7 version 2 standard (also known as Pipehat) was originally created in 1989 but is still being used and updated regularly, resulting in versions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.1, 2.4, 2.5, 2.5.1, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7.1, 2.8, 2.8.1, 2.8.2 and 2.9. The v2.x standards are backward compatible (e.g., a message based on version 2.3 will be understood by an application that supports version 2.6) and in higher versions, you will see some fields are left just for it.

Despite it being more than 30 years old, HL7v2 remains the most widely used healthcare interface standard by a large margin according to the HL7.org portal that tells that:

12 4
1 1.3K

Hi,

I tried to join my local DB table with link table. but I am getting below error.

5475 5475 reporterr2+40^%occRoutine Error #5475: Error compiling routine: %sqlcq.HSANALYTICS.cls483. Errors: %sqlcq.HSANALYTICS.cls483.cls(%OnNew+5) : SQLCODE=-161 : References to an SQL connection must constitute a whole subquery

I tried to execute below query in Managementportal

select dg.ID from HSAA.Diagnosis dg
left join LinkTableData.FacilityFullList la on dg.ID=la .ID

0 4
0 141

In the previous article, we've seen the structure of one of the most used types of HL7 message - ADT (Admit, Discharge, Transfer) and an example of ADT^A04 with the description of all its fields. Now let's look at another flow of data having to do with ordering and fulfilling the orders of tests. I'm talking about ORM (as of version 2.5 you should use specific messages to order tests, like OMG, OML, OMD, OMS, OMN, OMI, and OMP), ORL and ORU messages. In a very simplified case, the exchange of data may look like this.

Let's look at these messages in more detail.

4 0
1 2.7K

InterSystems announces another developer preview release, as part of the developer preview program for the 2022.3. Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2022.3 and there are also brand new capabilities, such as the new FHIR SQL Builder, improvements for Columnar Storage, and support to Oracle Linux 9. Some of these features or improvements may not be available in this current developer preview.

0 1
0 264

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Using Variables in InterSystems ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AA1QA9roDCw

0 0
0 167

Introduction

InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 includes PEX (Production EXtension Framework) to facilitate the development of IRIS Interoperability productions with components written in Java or .NET.

Thanks to PEX, an integration developer with knowledge of Java or .NET can benefit from the power, scalability, and robustness of the InterSystems IRIS Interoperability framework and be productive in no time.

5 4
1 1K

I have a table, with autoincremented id

CREATE TABLE users (
    id SERIAL NOT NULL,
    name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (id)
)

I can add a new item there with an explicit id

INSERT INTO users (id, name) VALUES (2, 'fred')

And while my id is autoincremented, I can omit it

INSERT INTO users (name) VALUES ('ed')

So, this time, I don't know the id, and I want to somehow get it.

I could do it with LAST_IDENTITY() function, but it just uses %RowID, and have no relation to the primary id

0 11
0 671

Cures Act USCDI/ C-CDAv21 certification. I am looking for SDA3 examples for Newman-Bates-Kid/registry settings/advices on how to learn / whatever is helpful. InterSystems xsl files are clean but I am not working very often with xsl. I am mainly looking at Provenance and Clinical Notes, the 2 last errors we have. InterSystems documentation, so far I know, is very poor: only classes and some pages. Support has a small knowledge about SDA3 -> C-CDAv21 even if they try very hard to help.

1 2
0 286

IRISTEMP - IRIS.DAT took up all the available disk space of almost 2 TB that leads to Production instance down.

After RCA the suspected cause was some SQL query but not confirmed as query result was received within a minute.

Currently we are monitoring the IRIS.DAT and it is continuously increasing and currently we set the MAX size for this DB, but not sure what will happen once it hit the MAX SIZE ?

Any clue why the IRISTEMP DB is not flushing the data from IRIS.DAT as i believe it is being mostly used for system processes and is in increasing trend at ~ 1GB/day?

0 3
0 422

Hi Developers,

This November, you posted 68 new questions on the Developer Community:

Questions

1 0
0 146
Article
· Oct 19, 2022 3m read
Ingestion and Querying Speed Test

The capacity of taking numerous records every second while also facilitating real-time queries simultaneously in real time is called Hybrid Transactional Analytical Processing (HTAP). It is also called Transactional analytics or Transanalytics or Translytics and is a very useful element in scenarios where there is constant flow of real time data coming from IIOT sensors or data on fluctuations in stock market, and supporting the need for querying these data sets in real-time or near real-time.

4 4
0 785

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems IRIS Cloud SQL @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QLaAH5o60y0

0 0
0 323

According to the IRIS documentation, once a user id is identified, at lease one license will remain (forever if I understand it correcly). The documentation says "even if the number of processes under the user ID drops back under the maximum, InterSystems IRIS continues to allocate one license unit per process for that user ID. Only when all connections by the user ID are closed and there are no more processes under the user ID does license allocation reset to one unit for that user ID."

0 4
0 392

I have a module that sends EMAIL from a Cache INT routine (listed below).

In order to make sure the columns align in the body of the message that the recipient receives I want to force the setting of the FONT and SIZE in the body.

Does anyone know what I need to insert in this code in order to control font and size?

Alternatively is there a way to send mail from within Cache that will keep column data aligned?

Thanks.

s server=##class(%Net.SMTP).%New()

0 2
0 250
Question
· Nov 30, 2022
Clear SDA field

Perhaps this is an issue that has long been discussed somewhere. I have searched for it but still could not find the solution anywhere. In our environment, we send a container of SDA objects to UCR from HealthConnect. To populate the container we do a SQL query on a source system and then populate the appropriate SDA objects. Sometimes it happens that I want to do an update of a field and I want to empty the corresponding SDA field. In other words, send an empty string. The Alert.toTime field of the object in question is filled with the date '2022-11-29Z13:00:00'.

0 2
2 274