Case description

Let’s imagine that you are a Python developer or have a well-trained team specialized in Python, but the deadline you got to analyze some data in IRIS is tight. Of course, InterSystems offers many tools for all kinds of analyses and treatments. However, in the given scenario, it is better to get the job done using the good old Pandas and leave the IRIS for another time.

4 3
2 502
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,638 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Developers,
Our next online Developer Roundtable will take place on November 30 at 10 am ET | 4 pm CET.📍

Tech talks:

1. Foreign Tables - by @Benjamin De Boe Manager, Analytics Product Management, InterSystems
2. Building "data products" with dbt and InterSystems IRIS - by @Thomas Dyar Product Manager, Machine Learning, InterSystems

We will have time for Q&A and open discussion.

Update: watch the recording of the roundtable below:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RxLj4d8GvkQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 5
0 295
Question
· Nov 30, 2023
Production allowed ports

Hi Guys,

Do we need to configure something in ports so that we can use it in a production?

I've a production with 8 running services and recently added a new service with new port but unable to get it working

raising error 404.

When using an existing port that is used by current running service, my new service works fine but not when using a new port, I've added the new port to inbound rules in the firewall bit still no luck, so is there something I need to do to in Ensemble ?

Thanks

0 3
0 135

Hi, Community!

This article is an overview of SQLAlchemy, so let's begin!

SQLAlchemy is the Python SQL toolkit that serves as a bridge between your Python code and the relational database system of your choice. Created by Michael Bayer, it is currently available as an open-source library under the MIT License. SQLAlchemy supports a wide range of database systems, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server, making it versatile and adaptable to different project requirements.

The SQLAlchemy SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper from a comprehensive set of tools for working with databases and Python. It has several distinct areas of functionality which you can use individually or in various combinations. The major components are illustrated below, with component dependencies organized into layers:

_images/sqla_arch_small.png

8 8
4 567
Question
· Nov 30, 2023
Multitransformations of HL7

This question originally appeared in the comments of the post: Making use of Multiple Sub Transforms in a main map || HL7

I'm having a similar problem trying to get PRD(1) into PV1:ReferingDoctor and PRD(2) into PV1:ConsultingDoc

Running the subtransform will populate referring doctor for the first PRD, and then the second running will delete the PV1, make a new one with only the consulting doctor populated.

0 1
0 138
Question
· Nov 29, 2023
Cloud SQL

I want to connect the app to Cloud SQL but when I registered and created the deployment (trial) I got the error:

Did anybody face such an error?
During the creation of an account, there was a message like 'username is taken' but the account have been created anyway. Maybe it could cause this problem.

0 5
0 186

Hi everyone!

The other day I was reflecting on the possibilities that FHIR brings us in the world of interoperability and electronic medical records and it gave me mixed feelings, let me explain, first a small introduction.

Introduction

As you well know, FHIR is based on parameterizing a series of concepts that it calls resources in JSON or XML format with the intention of covering the most common cases within the healthcare environment, relying on HTTP communications to cover CRUD and query functionalities.

5 15
1 617

I'm trying to install the Inter System IRIS data platform in windows and I'm not able to download the installer file. Some one can help me with this.

Please look at the below image for the reference for the error I'm facing

And also I'm looking for the docker version of the IRIS, but here also I'm not able to identify the IMAGE for the same. Please look into the below image.

0 2
0 172
Question
· Nov 23, 2023
Python Object Not Found

I'm in a very early phase of an project where some of the methods should be written in python. Occasionally, projects also have byproducts, I call them utility methods, because some of the methods the project uses can also be used in other applications too. I tend to put such methods in percent classes, so they can be used everywhere, independent of the namespace, where an application runs. I try to do the same in my current project too, merely with python it doesn't works! Why?

1 5
0 299

My newest app includes a java routine to read data from Excel 95, 97, 2000, XP, and 2003 workbooks and write the data into IRIS globals using Java Native API library.

If you have Git and Docker installed, clone/git pull the repo into any local directory

$ git clone https://github.com/oliverwilms/excel-java-iris.git

Open the terminal in this directory and run:

$ docker-compose up -d

Execute java class IRISNative

2 1
0 124
Question
· Nov 23, 2023
SQL Query in BPL

I'm pretty new to ensemble.I'm working on a BPL process where I need to retrieve a result set from an SQL activity, loop over the results, and call a web service. I'm having trouble passing the request parameter(Labtype) into the SQL query for the WHERE condition .Can any one suggest how to loop over the result set as well.Any suggestions on how I can achieve it?

0 7
0 302

Hello,

First of all thanks for your help, time, and answers.

We would like to know what are we doing wrong and how could we improve it and fix it.

We need to convert the Api Monitor Metrics which are a String with this format:

iris_cache_efficiency 13449.122
iris_cpu_pct{id="CSPDMN"} 0
iris_cpu_pct{id="ECPWorker"} 0

[...]

iris_wdwij_time 11
iris_wd_write_time 8
iris_wij_writes_per_sec 0

To JSON.

We would expect them to look like a normal JSON as follows:

0 4
1 140
Article
· Nov 28, 2023 2m read
k9s - Manage Your IrisClusters In Style

K9s is a terminal-based UI (aka kubectl clown suit), to manage Kubernetes clusters that drastically simplifies navigating, observing, and managing your applications in K8s, including Custom Resources like the InterSystems Kubernetes Operator (IKO) and ArgoCD Applications. If you are about to take your CKD, CKA, or CKS, leave k9s well enough alone for awhile as the abstraction to kubectl will become the standard for navigating the cluster and you will undoubtedly become estranged to the extended flags of kubectl and bomb the exam.

3 1
0 200

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Performing Advanced FHIR Validation @ Global Summit 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lboLVBxmKcw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
1 133