Article
· Aug 20, 2021 6m read
GitHub Codespaces with IRIS

Some time ago GitHub, has announced the new feature, GitHub Codespaces. It gives an ability to run VSCode in the browser, with almost the same power as it would run locally on your machine, but also with a power of clouds, so, you are able to choose the machine type with up to 32 CPU cores and 64 GB of RAM.

Looks impressive, is not it? But how it could help us, to work with projects driven by InterSystems IRIS? Let's have a look, how to configure it for us.

17 3
7 927
Question
· Nov 26, 2018
BPL - Foreach IF statement

As part of a BPL I am building I need to foreach over a some repeating elements and look for a certain value, if said value is present I need to forward the message to another operation.

I can't seem to get the if statement inside the foreach loop to work and I think I am doing something wrong?

The error message I am getting:

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <UNDEFINED>zS2+2^GWH.Messages.Eobs.AKISegmentCheck.Thread1.1 *k1 -- logged as '-' number - @' Set k1=request.GetNextIndex("PIDgrpgrp("_(1)_").ORCgrp()",k1,.tSCTrans)'

Can anyone explain that error to me?

0 3
0 710
Question
· Dec 13, 2018
Cache ODBC error

Hello All,

Hoping someone can help with this odd error.

A vbscript file is being used to perform an update to cache.

The file has worked without an issue for well over a year.

Recently, the update has begun to throw an error.

(class references modified to remove client data)

UPDATE CACHE.UCI.Reg.Pat (Column1) VALUES ('USERNAME') WHERE ID = '2190284'

C:\Web\Config\SchedTasks\script1.VBS(73, 6)

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 105]

[c:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe]

0 3
0 501

I have written an in network single web page containing a jquery datatable. I want to add the "href" tag to link the Terminal window based on the IP.

Below is a list of failed attempts to make this work.

W " <td><a href=""javascript:pass('"_PASS_"|"_IP_"|"_USER_"|"_PORT_"')"">Terminal</a></td>"

or

0 3
0 123

InterSystems FAQ rubric

If the system does not stop for 24 hours, old journal files will be deleted at 0:30 according to the "Journal file deletion settings".

A possible cause of journal files remaining that are older than the "Journal file deletion settings" is that there are transactions that remain open.

In that case, you will be able to delete the journal file by searching for processes executing transactions and finalizing the transactions.

5 3
2 184
Question
· Oct 14, 2021
Lock the Modal View

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Modal Group but whenever I click outside it the Modal gets minimised, so How can I change the view so that whenever pops up the view get locked until I'm finished with my modal then click exit to endModal ?

thanks

0 3
0 278

A vendor is sending an HL7 message where they are hitting the enter key within the field. I am looking for a way to concatenate the lines. I want to know if there id a way to search the field for a carriage return and piece together the field. This is an example of what they are sending:

NTE|1||Fake Interpretation A Overall Summary. Patient presents with abnormal SR and RHR. 
Fake Interpretation B 80/120
Fake Interpretation C  - HR 55 BPM|
0 3
0 229

In Atelier when resolving conflicts with the server the screen shows the Local copy and Server copy and the differences, but depending on where the difference is you cannot tell what what the document is, you need to scroll to the top to see what it is before deciding what to do. It should indicate the class or routine name beside "Conflicting Server documents"

2 3
0 278
Question
· Mar 9, 2019
%SYS.TasK Related query

Hi Community,

I have to make a daily task (Job) which will run (7 am to 7 pm) in a day at an interval of 3 hours. Timings are as (7:00 am, 10:00 am,13:00 pm,16:00 pm,19:00 pm). But at each time when task will run i have to set a variables as per below condition

Sample:

1) If task run at 2019-03-19 07:00 am in morning

I have to set two variables (start and end) whose value will become like this

(set starttime= 2019-03-09 07:00:00.00 and set endtime=2019-03-09 10:00:00.00)

0 3
0 310

Hi

I have been experimenting with the creation of a set of REST services for an app. The basic GET operation is set to create a %ZEN.proxyObject instance, and then set an instance of a Persistant class as a property, which gives me all of the values I want to return. However, it also gives me some values that I don't want to return over REST (because they are both private, and large registered objects which will bog down performance)

2 3
0 451

This post will show you an approach to size shared memory requirements for database applications running on InterSystems data platforms including global and routine buffers, gmheap, and locksize as well as some performance tips you should consider when configuring servers and when virtualizing Caché applications. As ever when I talk about Caché I mean all the data platform (Ensemble, HealthShare, iKnow and Caché).

A list of other posts in this series is here

29 3
7 10K

Hi,

I sometimes get asked if Weblink will still be available (as a downloadable ad-on these days) for some versions to come.

I realize that this is old technology now, and that there are better and faster ways to do the same things today.

Thanks

S

0 3
0 932