Hi Devs!

A few months ago I raised a discussion on the naming convention for ZPM modules.

And you free to put your name or your organization name for the packages you want to have your personal or company's brand.

But if you contribute to community, we suggested to have "community." package for all such libraries.

But the name is too long.

2 19
1 466

Preview releases are now available for the 2019.3 version of InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health!

Container images are available via the WRC's preview download site.

The version number for these releases is 2019.3.0.302.0

Public announcements will be made shortly, with separate announcements for each product.

InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2019.3 is a CD (continuous delivery) release of InterSystems IRIS. It has many new capabilities including:

Continuous Delivery Releases of InterSystems IRIS

InterSystems API Manager

Node-level Architecture for Sharding and SQL Support

Infrastructure and Cloud Deployment Improvements

Port Authority for Monitoring Port Usage in Interoperability Productions

X12 Element Validation in Interoperability Productions

New Framework for Coding Business Hosts in Java

Java and .NET Gateway Reentrancy

5 1
4 466

It was mentioned in an earlier version of the IRIS documentation that IRIS and Cache should not be installed on the same physical server (port clashes?).

I can't see this warning in the current version of the documentation.

Could someone clarify if this has been resolved in the latest release of IRIS?

0 1
0 466

Hello All,

what is the best method for search a portion of text in a non-indexed global?

I need to implement an autocomplete kind of search, in a global of >1M registers (text type, not $lb)

Maybe the best way would be use a SQL mapped class, with 'Bitmap' indexes?

Thanks in advance!

0 4
0 466

version 2016.2.1 on windows

I accidently clicked the mouse into the output window of studio (where you get the compile results etc) and typed soemthing in there (by mistake) and it came back with <SYNTAX>.

I've been playing with it further, and it's like a cut down version of terminal.

I can "s x=1" and the "w x" and sure enough, it will display "1" (ie the value of x)

when I call one of my utilities ie "d ^dev", my utility runs as expected, but when I try entering a value (my utility was waiting on a read *x) it generated a <SYNTAX> error.

0 7
0 466

At Global Summit back in April, in his keynote speech, John Paladino mentioned that improvements to our documentation search were being made. You might have wondered, since things seemed to go quiet, whether anything was really happening. Well, we had an internal demo of some of the upcoming features recently, and the new capabilities look really cool – searching documentation has been frustrating for InterSystems staff too! So, I thought it might be good to pass on a few details to give a taste of what is coming. Of course, InterSystems will be putting together much better information

6 4
0 466
Article
· Jan 8 9m read
IRIS Document Database (DocDB)

InterSystems IRIS Document Database (DocDB) offers a flexible and dynamic approach to managing database data. DocDB embraces the power of JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), providing a schema-less environment for storing and retrieving data.

It is a powerful tool, enables developers to bypass a ton of boiler plate code in interaction with existing applications, serialization, pagination and integration. the seamless flow of DocDB with Interoperability Rest services and operations, gives a big leap in API production and management.

for full DocDB documentation Here. in the context of this article i will showcase a use case in which DocDB will make a perfect fit.

10 1
0 465

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Globals contest! A great opportunity to have a discussion with InterSystems Product Managers on Globals. Our winners' demo included.

Date & Time: Thursday, April 14, 2022 – 12:00 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVdqrEVKEJc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 2
0 465

Hi Developers!

As discussed in previous parts of Package Manager stories to turn your IRIS application into a deployable package you just need to introduce the module.xml file into the root folder of the repository and describe all the resources.

I’m pleased to introduce you to a new project template on Open Exchange which contains examples of how to make different types of resources of your InterSystems IRIS application a part of the ObjectScript package and so make the deployable ObjectSctipt package.

Let's see how you can describe your application resources using this template project as an example.

See the details below.

4 2
7 465

When using Related Cubes in InterSystems IRIS BI, cubes must be built in the proper order. The One side must be built before the Many side. This is because during build time for the Many side, it looks up the record on the One side and creates a link. If the referenced record is not found on the One side, a Missing Relationship build error is generated. The One side is going to be the independent side of the relationship, AKA the side of the relationship that is referenced by the Many side or the Dependent cube. For example: Patients contain a reference to their Doctor.

3 0
0 465
Article
· Jul 1, 2019 2m read
Transaction suspencion

It’s often useful to make changes inside the current transaction, that would not be rolled-back if transaction is rolled-back. For example to do some logging.

This can be achieved by using global that is mapped to temporary database -- IRISTEMP. All globals that start with ^IRIS.Temp* are mapped to IRISTEMP by default. Problem with such approach is that IRISTEMP is cleaned on InterSystems IRIS restart, so this log is lost.

What else you can do is -- suspend transaction temporarily, do the logging, and then resume the same transaction.

2 8
1 465

Hi all,

We have a big problem because we have the following message when I try to open the messages in a production.

ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <DATABASE>zfindStatement+29^%SQL.DynamicStatement.1 ^%sqlcq("MYNAMESPACE","Query",8,"Gns8AZO5dJclytqv13l9gUuLUyo=",""),c:\intersystems\healthshare\mgr\cache\ -- logged as '-' number - @''

SOURCE ELEMENT: %ZEN.Component.tablePane (resultsTable)

1 4
0 465

Ensemble 2017.2.

I am writing a DTL code action based on the solution described in the posting "How to avoid truncation in HL7 messages with very large fields (32K+)". Because the source value is in a repeating segment, and the specific repetition in which the value is located can vary, I would like to use a variable (specifically the k1 key) to specify the repetition to get. I have been unable to get it to work.

OBXgrp is the location in the path at which the repetition occurs. Hard-coding an index, as in the example below, works.

0 1
0 465

We have a query that looks something like:

select a, b, c, d, e, f

from tbla inner join tblb on tbla.....

This query runs in the expected 200-400 ms range.

If we run the same query but reduce the select to just:

select a

from tbla inner join tblb on tbla.....

then the query runs for 30 minutes or more.

The rest of the query is identical. Is there a logical explanation for how this can happen?

Thanks.

0 5
0 465
InterSystems Official
· Aug 17, 2023
InterSystems Supported Platforms Update Q3-2023

We often get questions about recent and upcoming changes to the list of platforms and frameworks that are supported by the InterSystems IRIS data platform. This update aims to share recent changes as well as our best current knowledge on upcoming changes, but predicting the future is tricky business and this shouldn’t be considered a committed roadmap.

With that said, on to the update…

5 4
3 464
Question
· Aug 2, 2020
Kafka Java Host

I'm trying to produce Kafka Message to Topic using Java Objects. I have build Business operation and Jar file and trying to execute. I'm getting following exception

Terminating Job 8316 / 'IrisKafkaProducer' with Status = ERROR #5046: Error executing java command 'init() returned: "ERROR #5034: Invalid status code structure ("java.sql.SQLException: [InterSystems IRIS JDBC] Communication link failure: Access Denied")"'. Java may not be installed correctly on your system., %QuitTask=

Getting following trace at Audit Database

1 12
0 464

Did anyone run into this error when stopping a Production from Ens.Director?

Ens.Director::StopProduction => ERROR <Ens>ErrProductionNotQuiescent: IRIS can not become quiescent

It happens sporadically when an automated unit test from a class that extends %UnitTest.TestProduction runs a test on a Business Process. I already increased the parameter MAXWAIT to 30 seconds, but the error still happens.

1 4
0 464

Hi,

I have two namespaces

1. In the first one, I have defined a class which Extends (%Persistent, Ens.Util.MessageBodyMethods), we'll call it NSOne.Msg.Req
  2. In the second namespace NSTwo, I want to use the previous class with something like SET pInput = ##class(NSOne.Msg.Req).%New()

I mapped the NSOne.Msg.Req package in namespace NSOne. In Atelier, I can see NSOne.Msg.Req in my NSOne. But, when I try to execute line 2 above, it tells me :

0 2
0 464