Hey Developers!

Advent of Code 2018 is over! Thanks for participating in our small but productive COS marathon!

And now we're pleased to introduce the winners and distribute all the prizes!

Big applause goes to these winners:

Fabian Haupt (w/ repo: github.com/kazamatzuri/AoC)

Bert Sarens (w/ repo: bitbucket.org/bertsarens/aoc2018/)

Dmitry Maslennikov (w/ repo: github.com/daimor/AdventOfCode)

4 0
0 314
Article
· Dec 28, 2018 2m read
Docker-compose default network conflicts

I recently had to diagnose a networking problem I was having when attached to our corporate network. I was seeing an unknown bridge network being defined that shared the same IP address space as the company network thus blocking access to company resources. This bridge network was separate from the Docker0 bridge network which the docker engine sets up. Docker was configured with a bip (bridge ip) address to prevent docker form using an address space that create a conflict.

1 2
1 5.1K

I have an in-memory list of items and I want to check which items match my pattern string.

Pattern string is a comma-separated list of items and special symbols like '*' and maybe '?'.

There's something similar in $system.OBJ.Compile, it accepts patterns: "*.data.*,Sample.*" - and it would compile 'Sample' package and all 'data' packages.

For example:

set list=$lb("abc", "c", "aaa", "bbb")
set result = ..match(list, "a*,*b")
zw result
result=$lb("abc","aaa","bbb")
0 7
0 691

Is there any good documentation/tutorials on creating gateways in both directions between FHIR and Hl7v2 (for Health Connect)?

the scenarios I'm most interested in

1. Client application sends a FHIR demographic query to Health Connect - and the interface has to convert this to Hl7v2 QBP^Q11 message to the PAS.

2. Health connect sends a PDF document (from a file or HL7v2 interface) to an EPR over FHIR.

Thanks

Stephen

UPDATE

0 5
1 1.1K

Hi Community!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

An Outlook on Scaling Out

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lyACfOWDFFg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 230
Article
· Dec 27, 2018 2m read
Use %XML.Node to walk a DOM

The following code walks a DOM using %XML.Node. It also prevents %XML.Writer to change whitespace. Run the code using the class method "test":

Class objectscript.walkDOM Extends %Persistent
{
    ClassMethod dfs(node As %XML.Node)
    {
        s entrynode=node.NodeId
        do {
        //element nodes with one whitespacetyped child are the ones we want to change
        if (node.NodeType=$$$xmlELEMENTNODE){
            s snode=node.NodeId     
            if (node.MoveToFirstChild())            
                {
                    i ('node.MoveToNextSibling()){
                        i (node.NodeType=$$$xmlWHITESPACENODE){
                            s node.NodeType=$$$xmlTEXTNODE
                            s node.NodeId=snode
                        }
                    }
            }
            s node.NodeId=snode     
        }   
        if (node.HasChildNodes()){
            d node.MoveToFirstChild()
            d ..dfs(node)
        }
        } while (node.NodeType'="" && node.MoveToNextSibling())
        s node.NodeId=entrynode

}

ClassMethod test()
    {
      set xml = "abcdefg"

s reader=##class(%XML.Reader).%New()
      do reader.OpenString(xml)  
      set writer = ##class(%XML.Writer).%New()
      //do some magic
      d ..dfs(reader.Document)

w !,"with indent=1:",!
      set writer.Indent = 1
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
      set writer.Indent = 0
      w !,"with indent=0:",!
      do writer.OutputToString()
      do writer.Document(reader.Document)
      w writer.GetXMLString()
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub: https://github.com/intersystems-community/code-snippets/blob/master/src/...

1 0
0 316

Hi Community!

Thank you for being with InterSystems Developer Community yet another year! We appreciate it very much!

We want to know how helpful DC for you today and how could we make it better.

Could you please go through this short 5 min survey which will let us know what do you think about DC and what could be improved.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Your InterSystems Developer Community Team

1 0
0 195

Terminal scripts can be used to run pre-designed commands on the terminal, like a batch file. You can write anything that can be executed on terminal, like for loop, if else and so on, inside Terminal scripts. In this article, I will show you how to call Terminal scripts, how to use parameters in Terminal scripts and how to avoid session disconnected when running Terminal scripts. If you have any information about how to use Terminal scripts or you have any feedback, please feel free to leave a comment.

4 6
2 3.2K

We have a Cache database in Azure, and want to expose it as an OData source (link).

My first attempt was to use Microsoft's Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework to create the data models...but it seems as if EF and Cache don't work together. (I do have those instructions from 2013, but they don't work. (See other post. Best answer seems to be "migrate to IRIS 2019.1.")

Is there any other form of OData support?

0 1
0 629

Has anyone called any outside Javascript code from inside their class files? I asked a long time ago if there was a way to manipulate an image within Cache Object Script, and since Cache doesn't have any image libraries its not really possible. However I have found Javascript to resize an image and wonder how hard it would be to mesh the two together.

Can anyone share any examples?

Thanks

Scott

2 9
1 1.4K
Question
· Dec 20, 2018
RemoteDatabase Creation Error

How to configure Remotedatabase into our local instance. While connecting remote database i am getting "ERROR #463: Database C:\InterSystems\HealthShare2\mgr\Remote\ is not allowed for ECP Mirror Connection". so can anyone help me to sort this out.

0 1
0 161

Some weeks ago, I was reading a book by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow, The Grand Design. At a certain point, trying to define why do we exist? , why do we use the models we use in physics?, ...those kind of things you know... they pointed at the Game of Life example invented by the mathematician John Coward in 1970... Basically he wanted to show that a system with really basic fundamental laws (Physics) could evolve and "live" to become a more complex system (Chemistry) in which "something" (humans) could work out its own model and complex rules to explain its reality… the rules for this deterministic model that he exposed were so basic that I thought it could be funny to implement them in ObjectScript when I had some spare time... there are others implementations in JavaScript and other languages... but not in ObjectScript... and that had to be corrected!!… so here you are!

7 10
2 782

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Alexa: Connect Me with the World of IoT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZGYIdCTEqoQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
1 589

Hi,

I'm working on my first SQL service using the SQL inbound adaptor, and I'm having trouble.

I've been following the documentation but it errors on set req=##class(ESQL.request).%New()

Would anyone be kind enough to share a working example?

Kind regards,

Stephen

0 1
0 449

I've been looking at the idea of developing a Time Travel Debugger utility.

It would take a debug target and have a few options such as stack depth and disclude system code.

The debugger would either be started from an external tool, or triggered from a line of code inserted into a method that I want to record.

The debugger would execute the code from start to end and record the full stack on each step to the configured depth.

0 4
0 370
Question
· Dec 19, 2018
How to deal with Large PDF

Hi

We have a few large PDFs coming into our engine - when it goes thru the Process and hits the Data Transformation it gets cut off before it sends it outbound to the receiving system.

Whats the best way to handle large PDFs?

0 4
0 485