InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,069 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hello,

I've got a csp page that has successfully set up a websocket connection to a Cache class. When the websocket object's close function is triggered at the browser I was expecting one of the class' methods to fire at the server. The onclose method is triggered at the browser but nothing at the server. Is a method supposed to fire at the server?

Thanks,

Dan

Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2015.1.4 (Build 803_6) Tue May 15 2018 12:08:36 EDT

0 4
0 1.1K

As a developer, you have probably spent at least some time writing repetetive code. You may have even found yourself wishing you could generate the code programmatically. If this sounds familiar, this article is for you!

We'll start with an example. Note: the following examples use the %DynamicObject interface, which requires Caché 2016.2 or later. If you are unfamiliar with this class, check out the documentation here: Using JSON in Caché. It's really cool!

20 2
3 3K
Question
· Jun 4, 2018
Cache Studio 2017.2

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this type of question, but I'm running out of ideas.

For reasons beyond my control, we run a version of Intersystems Caché (2013.1) that is not supported by Atelier. As such, I use Caché Studio to do my development.
The issue I have is, I don't run Windows or MAC, but Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 in my case). I've successfully managed to get Studio working using Wine and pretty much everything is usable.

0 8
0 1.9K

Hi,

I'm trying to send a file to other system using "Enslib.FTP.PassthroughOperation" and use below settings for connection and retry,

Connection Settings
StayConnected : -1
ConnectTimeout : 30

Additional Settings
RetryInterval : 15
FailureTimeout : 240

0 3
0 684

Hi Everyone!

You're very welcome to watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube, recorded by @Evgeny Shvarov in the new format called "Coding Talks":

GitHub Flow with InterSystems IRIS: Edit with VSCode, Test with Docker, Commit, Push, Pull Request

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1x0hC_MlRfg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 465

Greetings,

Can someone please show me via coding example(s) how to write an input prompt that will read in a function key, F7 for example, validate that the key pressed is F7 and then process it all via cache.

0 7
0 420

Hello,

as you can see in title my problem is with file ccontrol. I want to install whole Ensemble with Manifest if on machine wouldn't be any, or if I somehow find out instance of Ensemble I want to only use settings from included Manifest. I read that I can use file ccontrol to solve this task.

So can someone said me, how to work with ccontrol, is there some variable or function which returns me somethig? I have read some parts of documentation about ccontrol, but nothing help me so much, so you can give me link to part in documentation, where is this desribed.

0 19
0 613
Question
· Jul 18, 2019
Recruitment?

Hi, I am new to the forum (not new to Mumps, M, DTM, MSM, M-Technology, Cache etc.) and I work as an Operations Director for a Cache software house, is there somewhere I/we can advertise for Cache developer related jobs/vacancies that we have? Apologies if this is not the right approach, but don't see anything obvious and when searching for jobs just see Intersystems announcements for various positions.

0 7
0 721

Greetings,

We need to communicate with a vendor through web services in a way that those web services pull the queued messages from Ensemble instead of Ensemble pushing messages to a web service.

Is this possible? if yes, will we loose the messages sessions, status, and tracking information?

Your help is much appreciated.

-Basem

0 4
0 226

Hi,

I have a program that displays the current running processes to the screen. I need to have a program execute that display program and capture the results to a file. The display program does pause at the bottom of each page waiting for an 'enter' to go to the next page.

Note( the display program will not successfully compile on the current system but it does work)

Also - very, very new to Mumps.

Thanks,

Bob

0 23
0 458

Hi Community!

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Leverage Your Users for UI Design

https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5aLOHRNWKU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 278

Hello!

This article is a small overview of a tool that helps to understand classes and their structure inside the InterSystems products: from IRIS to Caché, Ensemble, HealthShare.

In short, it visualizes a class or an entire package, shows the relations between classes and provides all the possible information to developers and team leads without making them go to Studio and examine the code there.

If you are learning InterSystems products, reviewing projects a lot or just interested in something new in InterSystems Technology solutions — you are more than welcome to read the overview of ObjectScript Class Explorer!

21 35
3 5.5K

Hello community,

I am trying to parse the below HttpResponse in Cache. Cannot get the Iterator to work. Is there a single loop which can parse both or single messages and grab the error?

{
error:[
{ txt1:'error msg1'},

{ txt2:'error msg2'},
]
}

{
error: {
txt1:[
'error msg1',

'error msg2'
]