We are developing some containarized cloud application level iris instances and using CPF Merge to do a lot of the initial buildout for the iris instance (i.e. create databases, namespaces, map globals/routines, ecp setup, etc...)

I am trying to figure out how to get package mappings into a namespace config, via cpf merge if possible... ?

This is the document I am working from to develop the cpf merge file -

1 1
0 293
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,098 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Feb 14, 2017 1m read
Portal tip: Use the search box

User interfaces such as Portal often give us multiple ways of doing a task. Sometimes we stick with habits and don't realize that another way might save us time.

Here's one that I learned by watching someone else using Portal.

Use the Search box to get quickly to a page that may otherwise be several layers deep in the Portal hierarchy. For example, suppose I want to check the status of the ECP networking:

2 3
0 293

In Cache'/Ensemble, by specifying the objectsPackage parameter, dictionaries (and other objects) get projected to tables that can be accessed by SQL queries.

But in IRIS (IRIS for UNIX (Ubuntu Server LTS for x86-64 Containers) 2019.1 (Build 507U) Mon Feb 25 2019 13:47:16 EST), when I created a dictionary with ##class(%iKnow.Matching.DictionaryAPI).CreateDictionary(), it does not get projected to a table.

The class APIs correctly retrieve information about this dictionary.

Am I missing something with IRIS, or is there any issues about this?

0 2
0 293

What are other's thoughts, opinions and experiences going from CSP to RESTful services, specifically when it comes to reusing code in CSP files?

One could define a method in CSP as follows:

<script language="cache" method="SubmitSomethingAwesome" arguments="aswesomeId:%Numeric">

And it's generated in csp.mycsppage.cls ascsp.mycsppage.SubmitSomethingAwesome(awesomeId as %Numeric).

Have people had success defining there rest call by calling the generated CSP classmethod?

Things that work well I've found:

0 3
0 293

Do to unforseen circumstances the Atelier build that was distributed with the Cache 2016.2 field test had certain incompatibilites which prevented it's effective use with the server that it was bundled with.

We are working on remediating this regretable situation and will provide a compatible Atelier in the 2016.2 field test refresh which is scheduled for today Monday, 1st of Februrary.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience so caused.

0 4
0 293

Hi Team,

I am working on data transformation ADT^A01 from ADT^A01 ,In both source and target MRG segment is not available. How can i create a new MRG segment in Target. Kindly share your ideas how to create a new segment in Data transformation.

Thanks in advance

0 2
0 293
Article
· Mar 2, 2023 3m read
Quick sample database tutorial

Introduction

This is a simple tutorial on the quickest way I found to create a sample database for any purposes such as testing, making samples for tutorials, etc.

Creating a namespace

1. Open the terminal
  2. Write the command "D $SYSTEM.SQL.Shell()"
  3. Write "CREATE DATABASE " and the name you want for your namespace.

Now you have a new namespace in a faster way than creating it from the Management Portal - which of course offers way more configuration options.

9 5
1 293
Question
· Feb 1, 2019
Message Bank Usage

Hi

Has anyone implemented the message bank functionality in particular in the UK and if so what are your experiences of it in particular for custom messages? We are thinking of using it as our long term store and would like any feedback on it. We use a mix of REST web services, custom messages, HL7v2 and FHIR messaging within the Health area (NHS Trust to be exact).

I would also be interested in which version you implemented this upon.

Thanks

Ian

0 1
0 293

To deploy a DeepSee solution, the docs recommend that you define a namespace on the reporting (mirror) server, and "define mappings to access the application data, application code, DeepSee cube definitions, and DeepSee data on this server". (http://docs.intersystems.com/ens20152/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=D2IMP_ch_overview#D2IMP_overview_architecture)

1 3
0 293

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a process (which is using a license unit) does an OPEN or USE to send data (to a label printer as an example) through TCP, will result on license slot usage?

If so, will use a new connection of the currently used one by the process or will get a new slot?

Kind regards

0 1
0 293

Hi there.

I was wondering if there was a supported way of editing the Title bar of the management portal so that at a glance it is clear as to what environment is being worked on. This would be in addition to the namespace and server name being displayed.

Ideally I would like to make it clear at a glance that a user is working within the Dev or Live environment.

0 3
0 293
Question
· Aug 13, 2019
Dashboard - Line Graph

Hello,

I want to create a dashboard with a line graph that shows system availability over time. I used this code to create a Dashboard:

Set tItem = ##class(%DeepSee.UserLibrary.Link).%New()
                Set tItem.fullName = "Availability"
                Set tPage = "Availability.UI.CSVImport.zen"
                Set tItem.href = $system.CSP.GetPortalApp($namespace,tPage)_tPage
                Set tItem.title = "Availability"
                Set tSC = tItem.%Save()
0 7
0 292
Question
· Sep 7, 2018
Returning to Cache'

Ive been asked to investigate Intersystems Cache' for a new software initiative and was hoping to be able to download a limited-use or dev license to kick the tires but I need it for a couple of specific OS builds. AIX and Linux (CENTOS). I don't see a place to download specific versions, other than Windows, various builds of Unix and that's about it. Can someone give me some guidance on how to make sure I'm downloading the right item to build some test instances with?

thank you in advance :)

tom

0 3
0 292

We have multiple databases running on a single server. I have duplicate interfaces on each database.

If we're doing testing in copy #1, the interfaces should be running in that copy. I want to block analysts who try to start the interfaces in copy #2.

So, I'm looking for something that would check the port and tell me the status: already in use or free.

My challenge is that this system needs to stay ISO/ANSI compliant.... so I can't use any of the newer tricks.
Is there any plain-old Cache' I could use for this task?

0 13
0 292