On a system I have been working there are some custom special variables like

do $example.DoSomething()

Some code requires a

set x=$example.SomeProperty

call e.g.

My problem is that atelier doensn't seem to be able to properly recognize this code.

0 5
0 283
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,104 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

As you can see in my profile I teach at a university and I wanted to share my take on teaching IRIS (or Caché before it).

It’s been some time but I remember seeing a series of articles by @Yuri Marx earlier this year about the course “Developing with InterSystems Objects and SQL”. He actually gave a brief description of what’s done on Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 with comments from instructor @Joel Solon. And I thought to myself, it may be interesting to share my experience.

7 6
1 283
Question
· Jan 17, 2022
Docker container w/ IRIS

Hello everyone,

I am having a challenge with the IRIS community version in Docker with wsl2. Host machine is Win 11 and the IRIS/Ubuntu image is Ubuntu-20.04 from running 'wsl -l -v.

I am not able to reach the WebPortal in IRIS nor the Super User port. docker ps -a = containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/iris-community:2021.1.0.215.3 "/tini -- /iris-main" 3 weeks ago Up 26 hours (healthy) 0.0.0.0:1972->1972/tcp, 2188/tcp, 53773/tcp, 0.0.0.0:52773->52773/tcp, 54773/tcp iris

0 5
0 283

Hi Guys,

is there an easy way to count all line of codes in all classes in a namespace ?

I've been asked to give the total lines of code in all our system and we have over 3000 classes, so opening each one of them to check total line would take a long time.

Thanks

0 10
0 283

With ^%SYSMONMGR, there are some brunches that I never found a way to quit out, like shows as the following example: do ^%SYSMONMGR --> Manage Health Monitor --> View Alert Records ...

Does anyone know the answer? thank you very much.

%SYS>do ^%SYSMONMGR
1) Start/Stop System Monitor
2) Set System Monitor Options
3) Configure System Monitor Classes
4) View System Monitor State
5) Manage Application Monitor
6) Manage Health Monitor
7) View System Data
8) Exit

Option? 6

0 6
0 283
Article
· Sep 28, 2015 1m read
Ensemble Getting Started

Are you new to Ensemble? InterSystems provides several tools to learn the basics of Ensemble and get on your way to becoming an expert in the technology. Before installing Ensemble, take a look at the Ensemble Technology Overview and Getting Started with Ensemble in documentation. Respectively, these documents explain features and major components of Ensemble as well as how to install the software.

0 0
0 283

I have a business process.

if it has an error it dies, or if a have a catch all/fault handler the execution flow goes there.

However, I want another behavior.

If any error occurs I want the process to "Pause" (and alert me), so I can figure out what went wrong and resume from the last request.

Here's an example of how it could work:

1. If an error is caught, call BO
  2. BO defers response
  3. BO sends alert
  4. Fix BP
  5. Manually resolve deferred response

I'm not set on the exact pause/resume mechanic but I hope it makes the general idea of what I want clear enough. Ideas?

0 4
0 283

Hi There,

We are upgrading from Cache to IRIS this weekend and I was curious what version of IRIS I need to download. Once our system is live on IRIS, I will no longer be able to use Ensemble. If anyone knows the version of IRIS and could pass that along to me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 1
0 283
Question
· Nov 23, 2021
IBM FASP protocol

Does InterSystems IRIS have any library or class that support IBM FASP protocal? like SFTP, IRIS has %Net.SSH.SFTP that for SFTP file transfer.

0 3
0 283
Question
· Sep 23, 2016
Cache class definition

i got an unspecified character in my try-cache i do sample class definition using stream collection what is my defect plz reply me as soon as possible

0 2
0 282
Announcement
· Apr 15, 2017
Member mentioning

Hi, Community!

With the recent release on Developer Community we have introduced member mentioning.

Now if you want to ping a member with email notification, just place in the post (or comment) following:

@name.surname

Once it is published, a member would get the email notification that he was mentioned in particular post/comment.

So, that's how I'm mentioning myself here: @Evgeny Shvarov.

Have a great weekend!

0 1
0 282

Hello community,

I am in the process of building a Health Care Application named MediCloud and I was so excited to see that IRIS is one of a great choice that I can make for a database system.

But, I am developing my system with ASP.NET Core Version 2.1. I did see that there is a way we could use .NET with IRIS using PEX (such a useful tip), is there a possibility I could do it ASP.NET Core as well.

Or is it just limited to .Net for the time being?

Cheers.

0 2
0 282

Hi Developers!

InterSystems continues the Developer Meetup event series. The next one will happen on November 17th from 5:30 pm-8 pm ET in Boston, MA, USA.
At this meetup, you will learn more about Kubernetes, Mirantis Lens tool, and how to run Lens with InterSystems IRIS IKO (InterSystems Kubernetes Operator).

Food and drink will be provided.

> Register here <

InterSystems <> Mirantis Developer Meetup on Kubernetes

Agenda:

0 0
0 282

InterSystems has corrected a defect that can result in data integrity problems in environments that use InterSystems mirroring in conjunction with parallel dejournaling. This problem exists for currently released Caché and Ensemble versions beginning with 2017.2 and for InterSystems IRIS Data Platform version 2018.1.

0 0
0 282
Article
· Jul 4, 2020 4m read
Editor Archaeology

During the development of the Terminal Multi-Line Command Editor I discovered in my IRIS installation
a piece of software that I just can classify as a historic artifact. And it is still fully operational !!!

As it dates back to times before InterSystems was founded in 1978 you may understand my surprise.
I personally stepped into that environment in 1978 and used it then for daily work.

16 5
0 282

Hello,

The title says it all. I’m building an IRIS image with docker-compose using a separate Dockerfile. Pretty straightforward procedure: I import a Installer script inside the container containing a Installer Manifest I defined. Within the manifest, I create a namespace with code and data databases in separate locations. My intention is to keep the code database inside the container, so whenever I build the container, the imported code is replaced. The data, however, should be persistent.

1 5
0 282

Can I please check if anyone know why the data base resource is created differently when creating a namespace after specifically selecting it to use the default resource %DB_%DEFAULT?

I created a namespace and when creating the DB I selected the option to use the default resource

When the namespace creation was complete , database is using a new resource instead of the default.

0 2
0 282