My boss would like to change the Ensemble logo that one sees in the mangement portal, because it's part of the DeepSee Anaylzer.

I can see where it lives on the generated html.

I kow that you can set the logo for the User POrtal settings in DeepSee -- you can specifiy a URL for your logo. But we'd like to go one stee further and change the Ensemble by InterSystems to our own logo / company name.

Is it possible to change this in the code? Is there a Configuration setting to change this?

Thanks,

Laura

0 11
0 492
Question
· Jul 21, 2017
Ens.StreamContainer

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Ensemble and I wanted to know I have inbound business service (EnsLib.File.PassthroughService) which is looking for pdf files once it finds a pdf file (within the business process) it needs to find the associated xml file which would be in the same directory. Once both of these files are found they need to be sent to the business operation and deleted from the source (EnsLib.File.PassthroughOperation).

0 9
0 1.4K

Good day,

I would like to know how to detect in Caché ObjectScript if data saved in string is number and furthermore, if it's type is integer.

I maybe found a solution:

set value = "44.2d3"

try{
set status = $INUMBER(value,"")
if ('$FIND(+value,".")){
w "your variable: '"_value_"' is number and integer"
}else{
w "variable is number but no integer"
}
}catch(e){
w "variable is not number"
}

0 10
0 1.9K
Question
· Jul 22, 2017
select sql error

hi

I execute sql like this: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef>='2046121'

error message:

but the sql: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef='2046121' can be executed successfully

why?

0 5
0 314

Globals, these magic swords for storing data, have been around for a while, but not many people can use them efficiently or know about this super-weapon altogether.

If you use globals for tasks where they truly shine, the results may be amazing, either in terms of increased performance or dramatic simplification of the overall solution (1, 2).

Globals offer a special way of storing and processing data, which is completely different from SQL tables. They were first introduced in 1966 in the M(UMPS) programming language, which was initially used in medical databases. It is still used in the same way, but has also been adopted by some other industries where reliability and high performance are top priorities: finance, trading, etc.

Later M(UMPS) evolved into Caché ObjectScript (COS). COS was developed by InterSystems as a superset of M. The original language is still accepted by developers' community and alive in a few implementations. There are several signs of activity around the web: MUMPS Google group, Mumps User's group), effective ISO Standard, etc.

Modern global based DBMS supports transactions, journaling, replication, partitioning. It means that they can be used for building modern, reliable and fast distributed systems.

Globals do not restrict you to the boundaries of the relational model. They give you the freedom of creating data structures optimized for particular tasks. For many applications reasonable use of globals can be a real silver bullet offering speeds that developers of conventional relational applications can only dream of.

Globals as a method of storing data can be used in many modern programming languages, both high- and low-level. Therefore, this article will focus specifically on globals and not the language they once came from.

14 10
0 2.3K

I am creating a BPL using the Management Portal instead of creating a custom class.

As per the documentations 'request object' contains properties those were in the original request message object or primary request and can be reference using the dot syntax.

So if the primary request was an HL7 message, i should be able to pull the value MSH:9.2 as follow

request.{MSH:9.2} and assign it to a context property

0 5
0 1.6K

Hi,

we´re looking for a way to determine, if the System Management Portal (SMP) is only accessible through ssl/tls -> https. One of our applications send daily reports via email and places some dynamically created links within it. The application runs on the instance being monitorred (Ensemble-Productions).

Since we migrate some of our customers systems to use https for the SMP connection, we need to generate those links with https:// instead of http://. Our application is characterized as kind of a lib so we use it for many of our clients systems.

0 4
0 645

Hi, Community!

Check the new video of the week on the InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

LDAP - Beyond the Simple Schema

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CCQjZgEvAbc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 364

July 27, 2017 – Alert: Linux Defects Can Corrupt Mirror Copies of Journal Files

InterSystems has encountered defects in Linux which can corrupt copies of journal files that are generated on a mirror backup or async member; this occurs only in certain specific configurations. The original mirror journal file created on the primary member is not affected.

2 0
0 601
Article
· Jul 26, 2017 3m read
What is APM?

What is APM?

I am talking about Application Performance Management at global summit, and several people have asked what that means so it is time for a bit of an explanation.

APM or Application Performance Management (sometimes referred to as Application Performance Monitoring) has a very good (if complicated) explanation on Wikipedia but to me it just means looking at performance from the users’ point of view and the level of service provided to them.

3 0
1 630
Question
· Jul 26, 2017
Crystal_Report with Caché

Hi All,
I tried to connect Crystal report with Cache 5.0 Its Show Crystal Report error as "The report you requested requires further information."
How to resolve the issue in C#.

0 1
0 596
Question
· Jul 25, 2017
[Fixed]Error with ECP

Hello,

I try to create an ECP between to CACHE server.

The ECP is working, the remote DB is created and the namespace is created and linked on the remote DB.

The table appears on the server but when I try to access I get this message:

ERREUR #5540: SQLCODE : Message 400 : Process 4076 failed to compile Cached Query Class %sqlcq.###.cls6 with these errors: ERREUR #5002: Erreur Cache: <COLLATION NOT SUPPORTED>getdependencyclasses+54^%occDepend SQLTEXT: SELECT ...

0 3
0 813

Hi, Community!

Recently we announced Developer Community Meetup in Cambridge, MA. Let me describe what is it.

Meetup it's a one evening event where you can enjoy some sessions by presenters (today InterSystems engineers, tomorrow you can be a presenter) and chat with local developers and InterSystems developers, engineers and product managers (depends on who is in town) and discuss your problems, experience, and success with InterSystems technologies.

1 0
0 263