InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,720 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I currently have a batch job that performs many functions. Two of them are below. I was wondering how this can be done in a custom class

mv $TEMPDIR/$FILE $TEMPDIR/$FILEa"_$DATESTAMP.txt"
mv $TEMPDIR/$FILE1 $TEMPDIR/$FILE1a"_$DATESTAMP.txt"
mv $TEMPDIR/$FILE2 $TEMPDIR/$FILE2a"_$DATESTAMP.txt"
mv $TEMPDIR/$FILE3 $TEMPDIR/$FILE3a"_$DATESTAMP.txt"
mv $TEMPDIR/$FILE4 $TEMPDIR/$FILE4a"_$DATESTAMP.txt"
#Gzip files
find $TEMPDIR -type f ! -iname '*gz' -exec gzip '{}' \;

Thank you

0 2
0 194

This is a lesson learned, which I would like to share with community.

Recently I ran into an issue, where I was using %ConstructClone and it kept cloning extra records, which were not needed. The record for which I was trying to run a clone had many-to-one relationships.

The solution to this issue was using param -1. If you run %ConstructClone(-1) it will not clone relationships, but rather just clone single oref as desired in this case.

I hope this information helps someone who is working with similar records.

4 0
0 384
Article
· Jan 16, 2020 2m read
Python Gateway VI: Jupyter Notebook

This series of articles would cover Python Gateway for InterSystems Data Platforms. Execute Python code and more from InterSystems IRIS. This project brings you the power of Python right into your InterSystems IRIS environment:

• Execute arbitrary Python code
  • Seamlessly transfer data from InterSystems IRIS into Python
  • Build intelligent Interoperability business processes with Python Interoperability Adapter
  • Save, examine, modify and restore Python context from InterSystems IRIS

Other articles

The plan for the series so far (subject to change).

Intro

The Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text.

This extension allows you to browse and edit InterSystems IRIS BPL processes as jupyter notebooks.

4 0
0 581

Working on a project to call a web service and the soap header has custom header elements that need to be signed. i reviewed the %soap.inc and didn't see any appropriate macro

EBS and IDP elements need to be signed

here's a provided header sample

this a sample output that I created.

0 1
0 275

Hi Community,

2019 was a great year full of video content for InterSystems Developers. Already 200 Videos on our InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel, and the number of subscribers has doubled since the previous year!

Almost 57K Views and 5,1K hours of Watch Time in 2019! Thank you, our dear subscribers, so we understand that our video channel is valuable to you!

Now let's take a closer look at the most popular videos on InterSystems Data Platforms over the past year.

2 0
1 208

When I tried to migrate one of ZEN applications to IRIS from 2018.1 I'm faced with the issue with Login Page, in this case used some ZEN page, completely customized. But when a user tries to get access, he gets the error like below.

The requested URL /csp/user/User.Login.cls was not found on this server.

I tried to test it with a fresh just created login page class

Class User.Login Extends %CSP.Page
{ 

ClassMethod OnPage() As %Status
{
  &html<<h1>Hello</1>>
  Quit $$$OK
} 

}

Set it to /csp/user application as Login page, and

0 4
1 760

I need to know if given package exists or not.

Currently found two solution - one doesn't work, another works but I don't like it.

Solution 1.

I started, of course, with %Dictionary package - it has PackageDefinition class after all.

However, %ExistsId returned 0 on packages that clearly do exist, so I went to %LoadData, it uses this macro to determine if the package exist:

0 10
0 339

cache 2017.2.1 (Build 801_3)

when I look into the "sql statements" ( sql page of the management portal ) I have lots of old statements with a lot of them frozen. many of them are %sqlcq routines (I believe these are the SLQ's I run when testing/running random SQL queries in the sql page. )

I can clearly see where I can click on an individual query and untick an individual query to unfreeze it. or delete it. but thats a painful slow process. I can't see anywhere to delete/change multiple queries

0 2
0 211

Hi Developers!

Often when we install a code package we want to make some post-install settings, e.g. call to a method, set up a configuration file.

This article describes how to do this with the ObjectScript Package Manager.

To make any post-install calls you need to add <Invoke> elements into <Invokes> tag to the module.xml. Each <Invoke> element can have nested <Arg> elements if you want to pass params to the method:

2 0
1 455

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Operationalizing "Machine Learning" Experiences From the Field

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8yN-rh5g21s
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 254

Hi Developers!

I'm pleased to announce that ObjectScript package publishing is now generally available on Open Exchange with this November 2019 release!

If you want your ObjectScript application to be published in ObjectScript Package Manager just enable "Publish in Package Manager" option:

And send the app on approving.

Once the application is approved it will be published automatically in ObjectScript Package Manager Registry and will be available for installation via ZPM client.

See the details below.

4 5
2 450
Question
· Jan 14, 2020
%CSP.Rest custom headers

I would like a REST client to be able to send a custom header with the http request, for example "APPLICATION-ID".

This can be seen in the CSP gateway trace but I have tried using %request.GetCgiEnv("HTTP_APPLICATION-ID") in various formats and parts of the classes but cannot work out where I can get this. Documentation says this should work but is for normal CSP pages.

Any ideas?

0 6
0 326

Is there a way to get dynamic object from iterator?

set arr=[1,2,3]
set iter=arr.%GetIterator()

I pass iterator several frames down and I'd rather avoid passing both the array and iterator, but for debugging I need to access original object in a situation where only iterator is available.

Is there a way to do it?

0 5
0 414

This repository is a go-public that builds on the already existing InterSystems-internal Convergent Analytics community and InterSystems-private MLToolkit repo (remains active and contains the most recent information for external ML Toolkit users - request memebership by writing us at MLToolkit@intersystems.com). This repo embraces more than ML Toolkit, we would like to host any discussions, publications, projects that add up in what we call convergent analytics approach. Welcome!

2 0
0 300

I have to write a DTL with the Data Transformation Builder to convert messages from HL7 ORU R01 v2.1 to HL7 ORU R01 v2.5. The incoming messages contain a text in OBX-5. This text contains LF characters (only LF - Segment separator is CR). Therefore it is not possible to parse the incoming message. While testing the transformation the OBX Segment ends at the first occurence of LF. Is there a way to replace the LF character before parsing?

example:

source:

OBX||FT|ltest1|| first line

second line

last line

||||||F|

target:

0 3
0 809

In the previous part of this series, we saw how to include data in a portlet from within DeepSee. This used the built in data controller. In this part, we are going to be pulling in data from outside of DeepSee. This will include both information from within InterSystems IRIS and from the OS.

Why use this?

This is useful if you would like to create a dashboard that only contains information about your system. It is also useful if you want to display data about your system along side data that you have stored in DeepSee.

2 0
0 315
Article
· Jan 13, 2020 1m read
Difference between while and for

While and for are pretty similar, but sometimes you need to do a not recommended thing - change cycle boundaries.

In this situation while and for are different. For calculates boundaries once per run and while calculates boundaries on every iteration.

Consider this code sample:

set x = 5
for i=1:1:x {
     write "i: ", i,", x: ", x,!
     set x = x+1
}

You'll get this output:

2 7
0 397
Question
· Jan 9, 2020
VISM.OCX in Delphi

Please suggest me.

I use delphi to develop and import VISM.OCX to component in delphi.

I run My Qurey Code in terminal get data many line but in VisM1.PLIST get data One line.

This is my code.
VisM1.MServer := 'IP and Port My Server';
VisM1.NameSpace := 'My Namespace';
VisM1.Execute('My Qurey Code');

VisM1.PLIST;

0 4
0 410

Hi Developers!

Suppose you published your application on Open Exchange with version 1.00. And then you've added a new outstanding feature and you make a new release.

You can also make a new release of your application on Open Exchange.

Why make releases on Open Exchange?

This the way for you to highlight the new features of your application. When you publish a new release the following happens:

Release notes appear on the News page of Open Exchange

The version of your app changes

Version History tab is updated

0 0
0 198
Question
· Sep 8, 2016
Cache for Raspberry Pi?

Some may think it's a strange / daft idea, but just today the Raspberry Pi folks have announced that they've now sold more than 10 million of them..and counting. That's a huge potential marketplace, and a great platform for getting people to hear about Cache and try it out. Given its focus on the education sector, another great way of getting heard about.

5 18
0 2.7K

I am trying to create a rule which filters out ADT_A08 messages, when they have an OBX segment and their EVN.4 is "COD" or EVN.4 is "FIN"

The attempt is:

I have sent messages with EVN.4 COD or FIN and they are filtered out correctly

However if I remove EVN.4 and leave just the OBX filled up, the message passes from the Process to the Operation.

0 3
0 338

I am working on a BPL to take data from a MS SQL database and create an HL7 Materials Message for our EMR. I have done this plenty of times in the past however I am running into an error.

"Remote Gateway Error: JDBC Gateway SP execute(0) error 0: Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists."

What is confusing is that this BPL doesn't differ from any of my other BPLs in connecting to MS SQL Server. I know I am missing something..

0 3
0 592

When using Related Cubes in InterSystems IRIS BI, cubes must be built in the proper order. The One side must be built before the Many side. This is because during build time for the Many side, it looks up the record on the One side and creates a link. If the referenced record is not found on the One side, a Missing Relationship build error is generated. The One side is going to be the independent side of the relationship, AKA the side of the relationship that is referenced by the Many side or the Dependent cube. For example: Patients contain a reference to their Doctor.

3 0
0 459