InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,894 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Mar 14, 2018 10m read
REST Design and Development

Intro

For many in today's interoperability landscape, REST reigns supreme. With the overabundance of tools and approaches to REST API development, what tools do you choose and what do you need to plan for before writing any code?
This article focuses on design patterns and considerations that allow you to build highly robust, adaptive, and consistent REST APIs. Viable approaches to challenges of CORS support and authentication management will be discussed, along with various tips and tricks and best tools for all stages of REST API development. Learn about the open-source REST APIs available for InterSystems IRIS Data Platform and how they tackle the challenge of ever-increasing API complexity.
The article is a write-up for a recent webinar on the same topic.

6 5
6 2.8K

Hi Community,

New video, recorded by @Benjamin De Boe, is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

⏯ What Developers Love About InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7q1if9ZDnBg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 161
Question
· Jan 21, 2020
Use MDX

Hi there,
We need your help, in the build pivot with DMX, we don't can run the pivot. The MDX use is:

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[CondicionesContCompleta] AS ( IIf([Measures].[CondicionesContCompleta] = Null, 0,[Measures].[CondicionesContCompleta] ) ) SELECT NON EMPTY ( [Gerencia].Gerencia].[Gerencia] ) ON ROWS, NON EMPTY ( [Measures].[CondicionesContCompleta] ) ON COLUMNS FROM [Condiciones]

and when we executed the pivot display the next dialog.

Error#5001: Expected operator within tuple: ('SELECT' @pos 156)(2)

0 7
0 270

Ok so I am way outside of my comfort zone, and had to build an application using CSP to give users the ability to access SQL configuration tables. These SQL Configuration tables will affect the data that is sent to the downstream system.

I saw in the examples where we were able to import GIF's/IMAGES into the CSP folders to use as a reference in our CSP pages. My question is how do you do that? If I try to import through studio, it tells me the file is invalid.

Just trying to make it a little more user friendly then blocks on a page.

0 1
0 810

InterSystems IRIS ML Toolkit adds the power of InterSystems IntegratedML to further extend convergent scenario coverage into the area of automated feature and model type/parameter selection. The previous "manual" pipelines now collaborate within the same analytic process with "auto" pipelines that are based on automation frameworks, such as H2O.

Automated classification modeling in InterSystems IRIS ML Toolkit

4 3
1 484

Hi I am getting this message for some databases but not for others: This database is mounted as read-only due to 'Failed to access iris.lck file'! and not for others on Google Cloud community non-health edition.

For example this default database displays the message: Name IRISLIB Directory /usr/irissys/mgr/irislib/

But this default database does not: Name IRISSYS Directory /ISC/dur/mgr/

0 3
0 395

InterSystems Learning Services is excited to announce the upcoming launch of Data Points! This podcast will feature conversations with experts about new and exciting features of InterSystems products, as well as cutting-edge topics in the tech industry today.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/139296
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

You can subscribe to the podcast right now, ahead of the first episode in February! Subscribe on:

7 1
0 271

Hi Community,

New video, recorded by @Eduard Lebedyuk, is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Python Gateway: Jupyter Support - extended

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mZizgVtZ014

3 0
1 349

Hello community,

I'm new to Objectscript and Intersystems development. I've read documentation and some examples and succeded to import my Java class file into HealthShare using the Java Gateway Service. To import my class i tryed both methods (Wizard, or scripting) with success.

Everything works great, i see my imported class inside the namespace, and i can call the methods.

0 6
0 331

Hi Developers,

2019 was a really great year with almost 100 applications uploaded to the InterSystems Open Exchange!

To thank our Best Contributors we have special annual achievement badges in Global Masters Advocacy Hub. This year we introduced 2 new badges for contribution to the InterSystems Open Exchange:

✅ InterSystems Application of the Year 2019

✅ InterSystems Developer of the Year 2019

We're glad to present the most downloaded applications on InterSystems Data Platforms!

2 0
0 347

Hi Developers!

Recently we published on Docker Hub images for InterSystems IRIS Community Edition and InterSystems IRIS Community for Health containers.

What is that?

There is a repository that publishes it, and in fact, it is the same container IRIS Community Edition containers you have on official InterSystems listing which have the pre-loaded ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM) client.

So if you run this container with IRIS CE or IRIC CE for Health you can immediately start using ZPM and install packages from Community Registry or any others.

What does this mean for you?

It means, that anyone can deploy any of your InterSystems ObjectScript application in 3 commands:

• run IRIS container;
  • open terminal;
  • install your application as ZPM package.

It is safe, fast and cross-platform.

It's really handy if you want to test a new interesting ZPM package and not harm any of your systems.

Suppose, you have docker-desktop installed. You can run the image, which wiil pull the latest container if you don't have it locally:

1 1
0 287

Hi Developers!

Many of you are looking for samples on how to work with InterSystems IRIS Analytics, formerly known as DeepSee.

There is a Samples BI module with Patients and Holefoods examples which is available on Github with source code. The installation steps are clear but take time.

Recently we added the option to run IRIS Community Edition containers with ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM) on board. This simplifies the installation to the "run-one-command" step for the modules submitted to ZPM Community Registry. And thus we can benefit the Samples BI installation with ZPM.

And here is how you can run it on your laptop. Let's go!

1 1
0 344

Hi All,

We have few queries which are simple selects . For simplicity let's say there is a query that joins two tables and gets few columns and both tables have no indexes.

Select Tab1.Field1, Tab2.Field2
From Table1 Tab1
Join Table2 Tab2
On Tab2.FK = Tab1.PK

When we do query plan for this it shows approx 6 million, however if we make a simple adjustment to the query

0 5
0 245

I am trying to install Cache version 2018.1.0.184.0 on a Windows 10 System and i keep running into Permission errors during installation. I am getting

"Error 1406 Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Intersystems\\Classes\CLSID\{D11481CD-3B24-42E1-A20A-D179CDB6BEC5}\InstallCount"

I am signed in as an Administrator, i am running the installer as an administrator and i have edited permissions in the Registry to the referenced keys and i still can't get this to install. Has anyone run into this before and have some advice? I am pulling my hair out over here.

1 1
0 225

Hi Developers,

New video, recorded by @Benjamin De Boe, is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Python and InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1alOEeLEPfs

3 0
1 305