I found a work around, using to_number function around the column query, e.g. where to_number(max_client_resp_service) < 110 yields correct results. So strange it's as if the numeric(15,2) column is being stored or queried as an varchar string. Perhaps there's a wrong typed index on this column, but I can't seem to determine the index type if any on this column from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INDEXES.
Thanks. I used %IGNOREINDEX and %NOINDEX optimizer hints and got the same results. And looking at my Cache Monitor generated DDL it looks like there's not an index on this column. There appears to be one clustered index on the table and it doesn't include the max_client_resp_service field.
Excellent suggestions Sergei. Yes I believe the index does need to be rebuilt! But I'll have to ask my hosting company to do that. I wonder if there's a query hint to to suppress the index temporarily.
Log in or create a new account to continue