InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,957 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jun 9, 2020
Cache SQL question

I have a table with 4 column: MRN (primary key), Name, DOB, and Gender. I want to bring in the values on all of the columns into a DTL. Currently, I declare variables for each of the columns and using 3 select statements.

0 4
0 247

Dear All,

I am currently working on a project to record ORU^R01 into a global for a particular set of tests.

I have multiple OBX repeats that need to go into a specific fields withing one row/ record on the global.

I am having trouble finding a way to either count or loop though the OBX's correctly in ObjectScript often with the counter being undefined.

I have done this this way, as I am building upon an existing class to populate this global.

The latest iteration of my obx looping code is below:

0 8
0 1.1K

Some time ago I got a WRC case transferred where a customer asks for the availability of a raw DEFLATE compression/decompression function built-in Caché.

When we talk about DEFLATE we need to talk about Zlib as well, since Zlib is the de-facto standard free compression/decompression library developed in the mid-90s.

Zlib works on particular DEFLATE compression/decompression algorithm and the idea of encapsulation within a wrapper (gzip, zlib, etc.).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlib

9 6
1 2.5K

About regulations

Personal data privacy regulations have become an indispensable requirement for projects dealing with personal data. The compliance with these laws is based on 4 principles:

4 0
2 335

Hi All,

I have created a custom method into persistent class to call vendor Rest API from Ensemble that is working fine through Terminal, but my concern is:

I want to call only if Error, Warning or Alert are generated. Is there any way that it would call automatically to send that Logs records through API or from where I need to call custom method of persistent class.

I also tried to put that persistent class method from Ens.Util.Log class but it's calling multiple time automatically.

Thanks,

Asif

0 1
0 160
Article
· Jun 4, 2020 1m read
Easy data import into IRIS

Sometimes you need quickly and easily import data into IRIS. For this, an IRIS import manager has been developed.

This application allows you to import JSON data and also provides a really simple interface for transferring data from MongoDB collections to IRIS globals. It has never been so easy.

Let's look at examples.

Import JSON

2 5
0 566

Hi Community!

This week is a voting week for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest! We have 8 applications — so you have a set of applications to choose from!

How to vote? This is easy: you will have one vote, and your vote goes either in Experts Nomination or in Community Nomination.

1 5
1 331

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video, specially recorded by @Renato Banzai for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest:

IRIS Python Suite: Installing Running and Using

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FFuHP3P-_Fw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 199

When I start a fresh installed IRIS or a Container I always find Interoperabiliy (aka. Ensemble) mapped to namespace USER.

Is there any utility to remove this mapping by a click ?
unmapping it global by global, routine by routine, Package by Package is just a boring exercise.

To be clear: I look for a utility inside IRIS.

The external utility is obvious: Notepad (or any other text editor)
- clean iris,cpf,
- restart IRIS
It's fast, it's efficient, but it's really hardcore.

7 4
0 238
Article
· Mar 18, 2018 1m read
Replacing ZEN - Index to articles

Hi All
This is the index to a series of articles I hope to create over the coming months.

ZEN and ZEN Mojo are no longer being actively developed by Intesystems - this is a great shame as it is a fine product that works so well for business applications.
However ZEN is a 15 year old product and I need a path forward to replace the ZEN UI with a supported development framework.

This article is an index of the other articles I have, or plan to write. - the articles will be subject to change as I develop my thoughts and climb the learning curve.

12 5
1 1.2K

Last time we deployed a simple IRIS application to the Google Cloud. Now we’re going to deploy the same project to Amazon Web Services using its Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).

We assume you’ve already forked the IRIS project to your own private repository. It’s called <username>/my-objectscript-rest-docker-template in this article. <root_repo_dir> is its root directory.

Before getting started, install the AWS command-line interface and, for Kubernetes cluster creation, eksctl, a simple CLI utility. For AWS you can try to use aws2, but you’ll need to set aws2 usage in kube config file as described here.

3 1
2 1.5K

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video, specially recorded by @Robert Cemper for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest:

WebSocket Client JS with IRIS Native API as Docker Micro Server

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tM8_JHUF3k0
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 191

Hey Developers,

New "Coding Talk" video was specially recorded by @Yuri Marx for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest:

OData Server for InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HkZwn9Ckx9M

1 0
1 204

Hi Developers!

We are pleased to announce the next competition in creating open-source solutions using InterSystems IRIS Data Platform!

Please welcome the third InterSystems IRIS Online Programming Contest for Developers!

And the topic for this contest is InterSystems IRIS Native API.

The contest will last three weeks: May 18 – June 7, 2020.

4 28
1 1.9K

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

InterSystems Health Connect: New and Next

https://www.youtube.com/embed/F14wp-cUaAM

0 0
0 332

InterSystems has corrected a defect that can lead to missing resource data in FHIR search results.

This problem exists for:

• HealthShare Unified Care Record 2020.1.0 b7015

This defect occurs due to an incorrect resource being deleted from the search index. Subsequent FHIR Resource requests against the FHIR Repository may return incomplete results due to that missing index. Any type of FHIR resource data can be lost, and depending on when the defect occurs, the same FHIR request could return different result sets.

0 0
0 152
Article
· Jun 4, 2020 2m read
CRUD-GLOBALS-IRISNATIVEAPI-JAVA

Hi All,

I am writing this article to tell about the application "CRUD-GLOBALS-IRISNATIVEAPI-JAVA" which is developed as part of "InterSystems IRIS Native API programming contest". The intention of this application is to manage the Globals which are in IRIS instance through java program using IRIS Native API. To use this application basic knowledge of CACHE Globals structure is required.

In this application as of now we have options to Create,View Globals and Data Search in Globals. Update and Delete will be added in next releases.

1 0
0 392