Keywords: PyODBC, unixODBC, IRIS, IntegratedML, Jupyter Notebook, Python 3

Purpose

A few months ago I touched on a brief note on "Python JDBC connection into IRIS", and since then I referred to it more frequently than my own scratchpad hidden deep in my PC. Hence, here comes up another 5-minute note on how to make "Python ODBC connection into IRIS".

1 0
1 1.8K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,824 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Jun 11, 2020
SFTP connect

Hello,

I'm trying to upload file to SFTP server.

I have access to SFTP server .
My code is bellow

Try {
Set sftp = ##class(%Net.SSH.Session).%New()

0 10
1 1.6K

Hello,

I want to deploy Iris Interoperability Production in multiple containers . The production has File Services that process files from EFS location. All the files being processed by multiple containers are in the same directory. The standard Adapter class does not have Check Complete option to lock a file so that other containers File Services looking in the same file path cannot process the same file.

I updated the Inbound File Adapter class to offer another Check Complete option LOCK that will lock the file until it is processed and archived.

1 2
0 233

Hi Devs!

Last weekend I had been testing the newborn csvgen module and was looking for a CSV file to test - thus I came across an interesting datafile on Data.World with Game of Throne episodes statistics. Death statistics. These folks documented all the murders through all the 8 seasons and noted where, who, from what clan with what weapon had killed another one.

So I imported it and made an IRIS Analytics dashboard.

You Know Nothing, Jon Snow | You Know Nothing, Jon Snow | Know ...

Don't worry, Jon, with this dashboard we can figure out something ). See the details below.

6 0
2 567

Hello, In the DTL, is there a way to set a value for the HL7 data element in the code section? For example, set target.SetValueAt("PID:3(k1).1)") = mrn (mrn is the value returned from the SQL query) When I ran the test utility, I got this error message. ERROR ErrException: zTransform+27^testclass.TEST.1 *SetValueAt,EnsLib.HL7.Message -- logged as '-' number - @' set target.SetValueAt("PID:3(k1).1)") = mrn' I tried both target.SetValueAt("PID:3(k1).1)") and target.GetValueAt("PID:3(k1).1)"). That didn’t make a difference. The code still error out.

0 3
0 858

The latest WebComponent-based, SB Admin 2-themed QEWD Monitor application now includes a cool D3-based viewer for visualising your IRIS or Cache Globals - see example below

This qewd-monitor-adminui application is automatically installed when you install QEWD on a Windows machine

See here for details on installing QEWD on Windows:

https://github.com/robtweed/qewd-microservices-examples/blob/master/WINDOWS-IRIS-2.md#initial-steps

8 1
0 246
Question
· Nov 20, 2017
Cache ODBC - Access Denied

Hello,

I'm working on integrating a Cache database into an existing .NET project of mine. I'm trying to execute certain queries utilizing the Cache ODBC driver. The first error I ran into was "[S1000] [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] Access Denied". The part that's throwing me for a loop though is that the application ran ~200 successful queries before I started getting that. After some of those Access Denied errors, they turned into "[Cache ODBC][State : S1T00][Native Code 450] Request timed out due to user timeout". This was all with the regular (2.5?) driver.

0 8
0 9.3K

If you're interested in building a browser-based CRUD application for maintaining data on IRIS, check out the detailed, step-by-step tutorial at:

https://github.com/robtweed/qewd-microservices-examples/blob/master/WIND...

To get a preview of the application you'll build in the tutorial, along with background on its technology stack, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NICYqv_2s

6 0
0 1.1K

Hey Everyone!

At InterSystems, the developer community is an integral part of our ecosystem and this role is pivotal in the development of our products and services. As a result, we wanted to undertake market research in recognition of this to discover how best businesses can support developers. We have already asked 300 developers their thoughts, but we wanted to extend this survey to reach more people and also get your views on the current climate as we have all had to adapt our working environments.

➡️ Please click this link to take part in our survey!

Note: The survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete.

2 3
0 179

Many times it is necessary copy or send files to your docker container instance.

In my case was with IRIS JDBC driver.

Docker has this recipe for this (credits to https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/cp/):

docker cp [OPTIONS] CONTAINER:SRC_PATH DEST_PATH|-
docker cp [OPTIONS] SRC_PATH|- CONTAINER:DEST_PATH

But to copy you need your container name. Write this command for this:

docker ps

In my, my-iris is the container name.

4 1
3 483

I want to receive an EDI file through Applicability Statement 2(AS2) transport and send back the acknowledgement to AS2 using Cache ObjectScript.

Previously I used to transfers the EDI files using FTP.

Can anyone please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 3
0 362

Hi Community,

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

In-Place InterSystems IRIS Conversions

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ARqxn8_svs
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 209
Question
· Jun 9, 2020
Cache SQL question

I have a table with 4 column: MRN (primary key), Name, DOB, and Gender. I want to bring in the values on all of the columns into a DTL. Currently, I declare variables for each of the columns and using 3 select statements.

0 4
0 242

Dear All,

I am currently working on a project to record ORU^R01 into a global for a particular set of tests.

I have multiple OBX repeats that need to go into a specific fields withing one row/ record on the global.

I am having trouble finding a way to either count or loop though the OBX's correctly in ObjectScript often with the counter being undefined.

I have done this this way, as I am building upon an existing class to populate this global.

The latest iteration of my obx looping code is below:

0 8
0 1.1K

Some time ago I got a WRC case transferred where a customer asks for the availability of a raw DEFLATE compression/decompression function built-in Caché.

When we talk about DEFLATE we need to talk about Zlib as well, since Zlib is the de-facto standard free compression/decompression library developed in the mid-90s.

Zlib works on particular DEFLATE compression/decompression algorithm and the idea of encapsulation within a wrapper (gzip, zlib, etc.).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlib

9 6
1 2.5K

About regulations

Personal data privacy regulations have become an indispensable requirement for projects dealing with personal data. The compliance with these laws is based on 4 principles:

4 0
2 333

Hi All,

I have created a custom method into persistent class to call vendor Rest API from Ensemble that is working fine through Terminal, but my concern is:

I want to call only if Error, Warning or Alert are generated. Is there any way that it would call automatically to send that Logs records through API or from where I need to call custom method of persistent class.

I also tried to put that persistent class method from Ens.Util.Log class but it's calling multiple time automatically.

Thanks,

Asif

0 1
0 160
Article
· Jun 4, 2020 1m read
Easy data import into IRIS

Sometimes you need quickly and easily import data into IRIS. For this, an IRIS import manager has been developed.

This application allows you to import JSON data and also provides a really simple interface for transferring data from MongoDB collections to IRIS globals. It has never been so easy.

Let's look at examples.

Import JSON

2 5
0 559

Hi Community!

This week is a voting week for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest! We have 8 applications — so you have a set of applications to choose from!

How to vote? This is easy: you will have one vote, and your vote goes either in Experts Nomination or in Community Nomination.

1 5
1 328

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video, specially recorded by @Renato Banzai for the InterSystems IRIS Native API Programming Contest:

IRIS Python Suite: Installing Running and Using

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FFuHP3P-_Fw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 199

When I start a fresh installed IRIS or a Container I always find Interoperabiliy (aka. Ensemble) mapped to namespace USER.

Is there any utility to remove this mapping by a click ?
unmapping it global by global, routine by routine, Package by Package is just a boring exercise.

To be clear: I look for a utility inside IRIS.

The external utility is obvious: Notepad (or any other text editor)
- clean iris,cpf,
- restart IRIS
It's fast, it's efficient, but it's really hardcore.

7 4
0 238