Hello,

First the question then the background:

Can you increase the amount of read operations that are being performed simulatiously to the hard drive where the cache.dat file is located.

Alternatively: Can you increase the amount that is being read with every operation?

Background:
The database is setup with 8k blocks of data that are being read. I'm currently struggeling with a bottleneck concerning the read operations from a disk.

0 3
0 230
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,944 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Apr 26, 2017 2m read
How to install and use TFS in Atelier

Hi,

This is a quick tutorial how to install and use TFS in Atelier. It is based on my self experience and some tricks that I 've noted.

If you are used to using visual studio maybe you feel that is a bit slow and heavy, but you have the same TFS panel as you have in Visual Studio, so don't need any special "training" to use it smiley

12 3
2 1.3K

Context: Ensemble development with ObjectScript in a healthcare context - lots of HL7, and some web service stuff. We've used Studio up till now, alongside a lot of leaning on an external developer, but are expanding our team and doing more in-house. We are wondering about Visual Studio Code - not least because it looks easier to hook up to source management solutions. And we've noticed that the test environments that you get connected to when doing many of the online training courses on learning.intersystems.com give you a Visual Studio Code environment.

0 3
1 227
Question
· Jun 22, 2020
Amending timestamp

Hi, I have a timestamp of 201906192359 with a HL7 and I need to add a minute to it to get 201906200000. Is there an easy way within Healthshare to do this?

It seems easy enough within SQL but I cannot get the SQL to work within Healthshare, this is what I have for SQL which does the job in SQL Server.

SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(CONVERT(CHAR(16),DATEADD(mi,1,STUFF(STUFF(@test,11,0,':'),9,0,' ')),120),'-',''),' ',''),':','');

0 3
0 259
Question
· Dec 14, 2022
Property definition principles

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get head around this principle of instance variables and the advantage of it.

I found this principle used a lot by my predecessor in some properties definition and I'm wondering why don't we just use the property as simple as is, its creating two properties sCtg that contain the value and Ctg is a calculate to get the value of sCtg, is there advantage of fast accessing or... !?

0 3
0 221

Hi,

Is it possible to use the value of a column that is populated by its own subquery, in the WHERE clause of the outer-query ?

The following fails (it does not parse syntactically):

SELECT A, B, (SELECT S1 FROM Table2) "C" FROM Table1 WHERE C>10

I guess I could wrap it up as in inner query of it's own - this way (which works) :

Select * from 
(SELECT A, B, (SELECT S1 FROM Table2) "C" FROM Table1)
where C>10

but I was wondering if there was some syntax in the original snippet that I could do instead.

Thanks - Steve

0 3
0 673

Hi we have started to get rid of orphaned data and would like to soon compact and truncate the database as will have about 40gb free to return to filesystem after the few weeks of running the new task.

The idea would be to do this on the shadow server first of mirror rather than primary.

Is there any reason this is a bad idea? Considering this needs done on both servers of mirrored db? As idea would be to do this on shadow server before we failover to the server a few days afterwards. And do the same for the month afterwards.

0 3
0 156

Hi all,

I'm trying to use LOAD DATA to insert 11k (11,377) rows of data. LOAD BULK DATA is not available for the version of IRIS I am using.

After calling LOAD DATA it says only 5,500 rows has been inserted. The LOAD DATA docs says any error rows are skipped and a count of skipped rows can be found in %SQL_Diag.Result however there are no results here. There are no errors in the xDBC error log either.

Why have over half the rows been skipped?

3 3
0 330

Hey everyone.

It seems that my email address being updated with Intersystems has created a new account on here, and when I attempt to login with the old email address it logs into the new account meaning it looks like I have no post history.

Has anyone else faced this and have any advice on how to resolve it or any thoughts on if this is likely to affect other services like Learning and Global Masters?

0 3
0 103

I have a dataListBox in ZEN which has an OnDrawItem method associated with it. The DrawItem method never seems to be called and I cannot see why. I am using IE11. Can anyone suggest a reason? The attached code runs in a namespace called CODE and can be run using view webpage on the TheLabsApp.BioAnal class. Please note that the data is in a global called ^%ANAL that resides in %SYS.

1 3
0 244

In the context of IKO (Iris Kubernetes Operator) the question of Service not redirecting dynamically to the correct Pod is still pending.
In production this can be dangerous since an overload (or any other simpler problem) can cause you to change the main Pod and leave the application inoperable until we intervene.

Intersystems support warned that this is still an issue of IKO, but there are some possibilities that I am studying.

To explore an idea I had, I would like the help of this Forum to answer the following question:

0 3
0 237

Index to Articles

Hi All

It's been 6 weeks since my original article sad
- - - - -but I have been busy on this project

I have been looking at/thinking about a replacement for ZEN for around 12 months but only really started in depth 4 months ago.
Also been in IT for long enough that I can "get a feel" for a product/technology and make decisions accordingly without going into great detail.
Any new technology has a learning curve and I don't want to waste time and effort on something that won't fly.
And, as always, I am looking to minimise the learning curve as I want to concentrate on delivering business benefit.

15 3
1 912

Hi Community!

We are pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems Contest Kick-off Webinar dedicated to the InterSystems Programming Contest: Developer Tools!

In this webinar, we'll talk about the topics to expect from participants and show you how to develop, build and deploy applications on InterSystems IRIS data platform.

Date & Time: Monday, March 29 — 11:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager
🗣 @Raj Singh, InterSystems Product Manager - Developer Experience
🗣 @Bob Kuszewski, InterSystems Product Manager - Developer Experience

4 3
0 423

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

ObjectScript Package Manager ZPM: Installing, Building, Testing, Publishing IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UzrG91_swLM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 3
0 262

Hi - is anyone successfully using Atelier on a Mac? I seemed to have installed everything correctly but I cannot create Atelier projects or edit mac routines. Eclipse is giving a lot of spurious errors. I have yet to find anyone that has a good word to say about Eclipse and they all use other IDEs but that's what Intersystems have chosen. If people are able to use it on the Mac then fine, I'll just carry on googling... Thanks

0 3
0 396

Hello,
as i'm trying to develop a operation and its methods (SQL adapter), I'm running into issues when i run my test class.
I have the class i want to test in the very same folder as my test class.
I followed the tutorial in the documentation.
When i run the test class, i get the following message error :

LogStateStatus:0::ERREUR #5002: Erreur Cache: <METHOD DOES NOT EXIST>zTestAdd+1^unitTests.testMyClass.1 *myMethod,Package.BO.MyClass

Here is my test class (heavily inspired bythe documentation :-) :

0 3
0 274