Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Analytics contest that will give you extra points in the voting.

Adaptive Analytics (AtScale) Cubes usage - 4 points
InterSystems Adaptive Analytics provides the option to create and use AtScale cubes for analytics solutions.

You can use the AtScale server we set up for the contest (URL and credentials can be collected in the Discord Channel) to use cubes or create a new one and connect to your IRIS server via JDBC.

The visualization layer for your Analytics solution with AtScale can be crafted with Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, or Logi.

Documentation, AtScale documentation

Training

1 0
0 253
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,754 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Experts,

SQL access,

In the component window, I see that some of the fields have no reference to SQL, for example: The active flag.

how to know all the active elements, when getdate()>= DateTo or between time between From and To does not work in SQL, I see some existing code, with reference to CAST, please can you provide more details? Thanks a lot.

0 1
1 240
Question
· Jul 22, 2021
Strange query result

Can someone tell me why this query

select vet.ID, svp.ID_PACIENTE, vet.conselho, vet.uf, vet.numConselho, vet.nome, svp.SEQ_SOLICITANTE, vet.numConselho , vlab.numConselho
from RPE.Veterinario vet
inner join RPE.VeterinarioLab vlab
    ON vet.conselho = vlab.conselho
    AND vet.numConselho = vlab.numConselho
    AND vet.uf = vlab.uf
left join MySevi.SolicitanteVeterinarioPaciente svp
    on svp.ID_VETERINARIO = vet.ID
where svp.ID_PACIENTE in ('6408||284144||47633', '6408||284145||47634')

does't return any value and this query

0 4
0 219

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I'm used to writing Microsoft SQL database queries, but at the moment I am also trying to write reports on an IRIS database (used to be cache) in Microsoft BIDS.

My chief headache is parameters. They don't behave the "normal way" in BIDS, in that you can't rename them. Therefore, referencing them in the main code is a nightmare for me.

Say my report has two parameters. If i want to refer to both in a dataset, I have to list them in the order they are in the report and both by using a question mark, ie:

0 4
0 228

Hi Community,

We are pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems Analytics Contest Kick-off Webinar! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Analytics contest.

On this webinar, we’ll demo AtScale, InterSystems Reports (Logi), IRIS BI, IRIS NLP and answer the questions on how to develop, build, and deploy Analytics applications using InterSystems IRIS.

Date & Time: Monday, August 23 — 10:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 @Carmen Logue, InterSystems Product Manager - Analytics and AI
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

3 6
0 341

Team,

I am trying to use Visual studio code(1.57) for class development and for compiling classes (intersystems tools extension) . It works.

Now, i would like to use TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) for source control.

I can see download option where i can manually download the Namespace as folder and classes as files.

Since whenever i save the file, it directly pushes the change to remote system. I am not sure where the local workspace is.

How to configure VS Code to track my changes and Check In / Check out the code.

0 5
0 503

Data transformations can be changed in Management portal, but the modifications are not synced with visual studio code. Classes are synced from VSCode to Iris. VSCode can take care of the git repository.

I am curious to know how people are developing data transformations on Iris with VSCode? Are you editing the DT classes with VSCode and forget about the UI? Are you exporting from management portal the files to VSCode directory? Are you using a source control hook?

Thank you

3 1
0 507

Hi Community,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Visual Studio Code for ObjectScript: Server-Side Source Control

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yuP8_NLvNl4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 7
1 557

After linking in Oracle Table with Field Column's Data Types of NUMBER, my updates into these table fields are resulting in data that is being rounded to 2 decimal places. I insert a record with 1234.1234 and 1234.12 is stored.

It appears Cache xDBC might be manipulating my values prior to sending to Oracle. Is there a setting or system parameter that is controlling this? If so, is there a way to relax this from occurring so the values I send are being stored in Oracle with the same values?

0 10
0 403

Hey Developers,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Visual Studio Code for ObjectScript: Choosing an IDE/Source Code Combination

https://www.youtube.com/embed/natTHVfXzwY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 390

Hey Developers,

Are you ready for the new challenge? We're pleased to announce the first InterSystems technical article writing competition:

🏆 InterSystems Tech Article Contest 🏆

Write an article on any topic related to InterSystems technology from July 15 to August 15 August 22 – extended!

Prizes for everyone: Everyone who publishes an article on DC during this period will receive a special prize pack!

Main Prize: Apple iPad

Join our new contest and your content will be seen by over 55K monthly readers! Details below.

11 30
0 914

So I've got the IRIS AMI spun up in AWS EC2; it seems to be running fine.

I've added an EBS volume to it for persistent storage, and now I'm pondering how to make it actually do something useful.

What's the best way to do deploy code to this instance? I can think of a few ways to do it, but what's the least painful way? Push my code to an S3 bucket and figure out how to load it at system start? Github project?

1 2
0 193

I have attached a document that describes the product I have developed called NiPaRobotica Pharmacy. This is an interface I developed that accepts Pharmacy Dispense Requests and converts the line items on the order into dispense dialogues which it sends to pharmacy robots. I deployed the interface into 3 Hospital pharmacies two of which had 6 robots that were arranged in such a way that the dispense chutes channelled medications to desks by the pharmacists sitting in windows serving 1200 patients a day. The robots cut the average waiting time from 2 hours down to one hour.

17 2
1 366

Hey everyone as you may know I am a beginner and I am kindly asking for some assistance in a problem I have been solving. The problem is that I am calling a user defined function within a procedure called occupiedseatsAdj and the compiler comes up with this error.

0 2
0 168
Article
· Aug 4, 2021 3m read
IRIS Mirror in the cloud (AWS)

I have been working on redesigning a Health Connect production which runs on a mirrored instance of Healthshare 2019. We were told to take advantage of containers. We got to work on IRIS 2020.1 and split the database part from the Interoperability part. We had the IRIS mirror running on EC2 instances and used containers to run IRIS interoperability application. Eventually we decided to run the data tier in containers as well.

12 14
2 693

The first installment of this article series discussed how to read a big chunk of data from the raw body of an HTTP POST method and save it to a database as a stream property of a class. The second installment discussed how to send files and their names wrapped in a JSON format.

Now let’s look closer at the idea of sending large files in parts to the server. There are several approaches we can use to do this. This article discusses using the Transfer-Encoding header to indicate chunked transfer. The HTTP/1.1 specification introduced the Transfer-Encoding header, and the RFC 7230 section 4.1 described it, but it’s absent from the HTTP/2 specification.

4 0
0 683

Hi - Looking at encoding a .rtf file to Base64 - I've seen the Base64Encode Method and I can pass text but how would you pass a file? Or is there another method that can do this?

The end goal is to place the encoded output in a MDM^T02 (in OBX Segment) HL7 Message.

Appreciate any pointers - Thank You

0 2
0 404
Article
· Apr 21, 2021 1m read
Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V in IRIS Terminal

It's possible to enable Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V in IRIS Terminal for Windows.

To do that, open Terminal and select Edit > User Settings and enable Windows edit accelerators. This setting specifies whether the Terminal enables the common Windows edit shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+Shift+V), in addition to the basic Terminal edit shortcuts (Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert).

After that Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V would work.

Also <SYNTAX> errors after incorrect copy/paste go away.

Docs.

11 7
1 332

Good morning everybody,

In Html sometimes we need to use entities code for don't have problems with browsers all over the world. Ex. 'á' is converted to code: '&aacute;' / 'é' is converted to '&eacute;'.

I have a question, how can i convert a string like my name to this type of code? Ex. "Flávio" will be "Fl&aacute;vio". I tried this way:

0 10
0 549