I know &SQL returns only one result but is

&SQL(SELECT ID FROM Cinema.Film ORDER BY ID DESC)

and

&SQL(SELECT TOP 1 ID FROM Cinema.Film ORDER BY ID DESC)

the same in terms of processing required?

0 7
0 354

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has coded up a means to create an extension for a %Persistent class from a base class to a sub-class without making a ton of assumptions about the Global structure. I'm trying to create a new "extension" record that would have the same ID as the Base Class

Class BaseRecord Extends %Persistent

and

Class SubRecord Extends BaseRecord

where I would have an instance of a "BaseRecord" and I want to turn it into a "SubRecord" instance and have all of the existing references to the BaseRecord survive.

0 7
0 408
Question
· Aug 13, 2019
Dashboard - Line Graph

Hello,

I want to create a dashboard with a line graph that shows system availability over time. I used this code to create a Dashboard:

Set tItem = ##class(%DeepSee.UserLibrary.Link).%New()
                Set tItem.fullName = "Availability"
                Set tPage = "Availability.UI.CSVImport.zen"
                Set tItem.href = $system.CSP.GetPortalApp($namespace,tPage)_tPage
                Set tItem.title = "Availability"
                Set tSC = tItem.%Save()
0 7
0 291

I downloaded the free version of CachePCkit_x86.exe. During installation, the antivirus detects a virus
PDM: Trojan.Win32.Generic
c: \ users \ ...... I \ temp \ pde9cb \ setup.exe
How to eliminate this problem

0 7
0 399

Hi,

I want to do ordering dynamically in Query. I mean to say that order by value will not be hard coded in query, it will be passed in parameter.

I have tried to it following way, but it is not working for me. Can you please advise me how can I achieve it?

In below code, Order by :objSearch.SortingField is not working.

0 7
0 280
Question
· Jun 13, 2019
When is a number not a number?

Noticed some unexpected behavior when using $ZTH

Resultant values less than 1 are treated as strings and values >=1 are numbers. Causing heartburn in $Query / $Next / $Order loops. Is there a setting somewhere that can change this?

Example:

// Parse the time out of a text string whose format is YYYYMMDDHHMMSSsssssssss (lower case s = fractional parts)

Set MsgDT = "20180405000000001005933"
Set MsgDTH = $ZTH(($E(MsgDT,9,10)_":"_$E(MsgDT,11,12)_":"_$E(MsgDT,13,14)_"."_$E(MsgDT,15,23)),1)

//Do it again, but add a sec to the time string

0 7
1 435

Hi

Quick question... Is it possible to save a class in another namespace. If you're saving a global you can just use an extended reference, but is it possible to achieve the same when saving a class object? Obviously the class will be defined in the other namespaces too.

I want to do it from an Ensemble SOAP Service. I guess you could switch namespaces, but I was a bit worried about doing that from Ensemble process.

thanks

1 7
0 651
Question
· Jul 18, 2019
Recruitment?

Hi, I am new to the forum (not new to Mumps, M, DTM, MSM, M-Technology, Cache etc.) and I work as an Operations Director for a Cache software house, is there somewhere I/we can advertise for Cache developer related jobs/vacancies that we have? Apologies if this is not the right approach, but don't see anything obvious and when searching for jobs just see Intersystems announcements for various positions.

0 7
0 721
Question
· Nov 1, 2019
Compaction of Large globals

I would like to Compact globals in a database to free up space.

I would begin the process on Saturday morning, but am concerned, due to the size, that it would not complete by Sunday evening. I understand that the process is setup so that it can run with users on the system, however, as the advice indicates, this would not be ideal.

Can the process be stopped if it does not complete by the time you want/need it to?

Do you know how to guestimate how long the process would take?

0 7
0 505
Question
· May 31, 2019
Conditions within ruleset

Hi guys

I have always struggled with this, tended to use workarounds but now decided to hear from more experienced people if this is something I am misunderstanding.

I need to basically add a "send" within the ruleset number 2, but without a need to associate a "when" node to it. Is this possible? What I basically need is to forward messages with status 160 to "ManageEDM" and also regardless of the status, it should get sent to "ManageRIS"

0 7
0 626

I have a custom process that is parsing HL7 and inserting it into a table. Periodically the inserts fail with # due to error: ERROR #5803: Failed to acquire exclusive lock on instance of....

Traditional databases would wait until the lock is removed then do the insert, but cache fails. I'm sure it's my coding approach.

How can I work around this? A Try/Catch loop?

Thanks in advance.

0 7
0 841

Hi Folks,

I would like to visulaize the tables and data on Power BI, so I try to connect the romote server to Power BI to access the tables and data of remote server. I can able to connect that remote server to our Studio also able to view class files.
But I couldn't able to connect the remote server to power BI. I'm getting the below error while click on the tables

"Expression.Error: This native database query isn't currently supported"

0 7
0 1.2K

We are developing an interface in Ensemble (v.2018) and would like to have common data visible and updatable from more than one namespace (sort of a lookup, but with more fields).

I can create a table in one namespace and inserting into it, let's say using SQL from the portal. I can also map that table to another namespace. It becomes visible there as a table, but new records inserted in one cannot be seen from the another namespace.

I am reading the documentation, but still no answer. Any help to speed me up?

0 7
1 809

IRIS offers Durable %SYS Directory as a highly useful feature for working with containers.

Before inventing the wheel once more I'd like to know if a similar feature also exists for Caché / Ensemble.
Official documentation is quite silent about.
Though I have some names in mind that might know more about ( @Luca Ravazzolo ? @Dmitry Maslennikov ? @Eduard Lebedyuk ? )

8 7
0 353

If you know the path of a file that exists in the instance's install directory, how can that file be opened and edited in Studio? This file is not saved under the visible directories in Studio ex csp or mgr. For example if you have no access to the server operating system command line, how would you be able to modify a file using Studio?

0 7
1 514