Hi I am getting this message for some databases but not for others: This database is mounted as read-only due to 'Failed to access iris.lck file'! and not for others on Google Cloud community non-health edition.

For example this default database displays the message: Name IRISLIB Directory /usr/irissys/mgr/irislib/

But this default database does not: Name IRISSYS Directory /ISC/dur/mgr/

0 3
0 402

Hello to all my fellow Cache Experts. Quick question about the MONLBL output that identifies performance issues. There is a metric value output by MONLBL called "Obtain [NEW] connection to Cache". Supposedly that metric captures the time taken between the request reaching the CSP Gateway and a connection to Cache being reserved for the purpose of servicing the request. All of that being said, if that metric value is high for many requests, such as 19.x seconds, then can anyone tell me what that metric really means and how to improve (lower) the new connection to Cache time. The com

0 3
0 272
Question
· Jun 29, 2022
Measuring Global References ````

I had a customer the other day ask how GREFs are measured and how the relationship of the host, storage, and DB engine all influence that number measured in hundreds of thousands or millions. Is there any good documentation that explains this and/or assists with calculating a GREF count?

0 3
0 550

I would say it is a post of pain after years of using InterrSystems IRIS Docker images in many projects.

And I hope InterSystems will hear me and do something with it.

We have a lot of issues with Docker images, but I see no progress in solving them.

• containers.intersystems.com - any new releases substitute previous versions, makes build useless
    • ARM64 images have separate names, and it makes a pain to use them
  • flags in iris-main, appears and disappears from version to version, which may fail the start the container
  • healthcheck does not work as expected

10 3
0 670

Have a Zen report with a huge query that we are trying to break down and be more efficient.

Looks like Zen only wants to take a result set class as the data (or XML, but writing to a file to generate these reports is probably even more overhead).

Is there a way I can move through a result set object, delete rows I don't want based on some objectscript commands and the pass that to the report?

Or can I pass a dynamic object?

Thanks.

0 3
0 223

Hi,

I have a production with a BS calling a BP calling another BP and so on and finally a BO. All calls are made using SendRequestSync.

The initial request is passed by value. The response is passed by ref and I allocate memory for it in the BO, hoping that it will go back to the initial caller in the BS, but it does not.

It looks like the following:

0 3
0 324

This is the sixth in a series of releases that are part of the developer preview program for 2022.2 Future preview releases are expected to be updated biweekly and we will add features as they are ready. Many updates, fixes and enhancements have been added in 2022.2, in SQL management, cloud integration, Kafka and JMS adapters, the SQL Loader, and other areas.

0 3
0 323

Let's consider these two ways of passing an obj to a function:

//var is a structured obj
(1) do ..methodX(var)
(2) do ..methodX(.var)

In c++ if we pass an obj by reference like in (2) we save a lot in computation because we are not copying the whole object, and when the object is modified within the function it is modified also for everyone.

In this case does (2) achieve any better performance than (1)? Is passing with the "." save any computation? the object is copied anyway?

Is there a simple way of passing obj to a function?

0 3
0 222

I’m excited to announce that InterSystems will be joining the open source community for InterSystems ObjectScript extension to Visual Studio Code. Early this year I posted that we were on a journey to redefine the future of our IDE strategy, and what came out of that is Visual Studio Code is the IDE that can support that future.

34 3
6 1.7K

Hi all.

A long time ago I enabled Activity Monitoring to be able to save myself headaches in the future when looking at the performance of various message routes through our productions. It's served it's purpose of answering questions on how many messages we process a week etc but I had not had the chance to really dig down into the stats for specific message types or destinations to pin point issues.

0 3
0 244

Hi ,

From the below code, we are able to import the class file to the namespace ( specified path is C:\temp\distr )

I have a class file and a folder in the above specified path. When i run the code, it is importing only the class file but not the class files present in folder.

I would like to know is there any code to import the class files present in folder as well.

0 3
0 997

Hi,

Is there a way you can limit the amount of physical memory Cache uses?

During Cache backup it appears that all the available memory on the server is being used.

We are running Ensemble 2016.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with 32GB of RAM.

The database we are backing up is about 300GB.

Thanks,

Graham

0 3
0 529

Hello Community,

when trying to send HS.FHIRServer.Interop.Request objects to an external FHIR server, I get errors: ERROR #6156: No match between server name '...' and SSL certificate values '...'. The reason is pretty clear, the problem is that we don't get correct certificates in time, but have some pressure to go live with the interface.

0 3
0 388

Hi

Just looking to tighten up a new application

As an example, the application may have a path such as;

Omniata.au/csp/SomeApp/ListIndex.csp

on a Windows server in the path of ;

C:\InterSystems\IRIS\CSP\SomeApp

and display images from a path such as;

C:\InterSystems\IRIS\CSP\SomeApp\images\Pic1.jpg

If a user wishes to browse through the website, they could point their browser at the path ;

Omniata.au/csp/SomeApp/images

and guesses some file names, they could view the images

0 3
0 299

Hello all,

I just started learning SQL and am also new to Cache...

I am dealing with a simple SQL query and trying to understand the components of the following expression do:

STRING(city_name, ' - ', city_code) into :CODE, :VALUE

I understand what the STRING function does. However, I am lost after that:

"into:CODE, :VALUE"

What do these do?

Thanks!

Deguza

0 3
0 168
Question
· Aug 18, 2017
%Dictionary.StorageSQLMapDefinition

I want to manipulate all the objects whose type is%Dictionary.StorageSQLMapDefinition by %OpenId

However, I don't know the exact id to feed into %OpenId, is there a way to query all the existing ids of %Dictionary.StorageSQLMapDefinition in a namespace?

Thanks.

0 3
0 368