InterSystems Official
· Nov 4, 2019

InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health 2019.3 released

The 2019.3 versions of InterSystems IRIS, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and InterSystems IRIS Studio are now Generally Available!

These releases are available from the WRC Software Distribution site, with build number 2019.3.0.311.0.

InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2019.3 has many new capabilities including:

• Support for InterSystems API Manager (IAM)
  • Polyglot Extension (PeX) available for Java
  • Java and .NET Gateway Reentrancy
  • Node-level Architecture for Sharding and SQL Support
  • SQL and Performance Enhancements
  • Infrastructure and Cloud Deployment Improvements
  • Port Authority for Monitoring Port Usage in Interoperability Productions
  • X12 Element Validation in Interoperability Productions

These are detailed in the documentation:

InterSystems IRIS for Health  2019.3  includes all of the enhancements of InterSystems IRIS. In addition, this release includes FHIR searching with chained parameters (including reverse chaining) and minor updates to FHIR and other health care protocols.

• FHIR STU3 PATCH Support
  • New IHE Profiles XCA-I and IUA

These are detailed in the documentation:

InterSystems IRIS Studio 2019.3 is a standalone development image supported on Microsoft Windows. It works with InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health version 2019.3 and below, as well as with Caché and Ensemble.

2019.3 is a CD release, so InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health 2019.3 are only available in OCI (Open Container Initiative) a.k.a. Docker container format.  The platforms on which this is supported for production and development are detailed in the Supported Platforms document.

Discussion (3)1

Having gone through the pain of Installing Docker for Windows and then installing the InterSystems IRIS for HEALTH 2019.3 image and having got hold of a copy of the 2019.3 Studio I was please when I saw this announcement and excitedly went looking for my 2019.3......exe only to find out there is none and a small note at the end off the announcement to say that 2019.3 InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Heath will only be released in CD form.

Yours

Nigel Salm