There have been a few use cases recently within InterSystems where we've needed to connect to Caché-based web services from PHP. The first of these was actually the Developer Community itself, which uses web services as part of Single Sign-On with other InterSystems sites/applications. The following example demonstrates how to connect to a Caché-based web service (particularly, the web service in the SAMPLES namespace) from PHP, using password authentication.

5 0
0 2.6K

Most of projects on Caché, obviously, written not only in Cache ObjectScript, and should contain sources in other languages. Such as js or css for web-projects or any others. And it would be pretty good, if I could see all of files in one project, and possible to edit all of them. How to be in this case ?

And I think it is not a good idea, to place all project's sources in one root folder. Our project contains over 3 thousands classes and routines, and it is too difficult to find anything in such folder. Is not a good for it to use Java-way, and place every package in subfolder ?

5 2
0 344

Greetings! This article describes yet another simple way of creating installers for the solutions based on InterSystems Caché. The topic covers applications, which can be installed or completely removed from Caché with one action only. If you are still documenting installation instructions that have more than one step to do to install your application — it’s high time you automated this process.

5 14
0 1.6K

在Aix7.1上安装使用root用户安装cache2016.1.1.107,且在安装过程中创建cacheusr用户;更改操作系统上的cacheusr的umask后,通过数据库修改编译后的文件(如,js,csp等)在小机上查看权限不变(-rwxrw-r-- cacheusr cacheusr test.js)。

目的:通过数据库编译后的文件的other用户有读写权限。

5 3
0 950

Mirror Outage Procedures

Caché mirroring is a reliable, inexpensive and easy to implement high availability and disaster recovery solution for Caché and Ensemble-based applications. This article provides an overview of recommended procedures for dealing with a variety of planned and unplanned mirror outage scenarios.

5 0
1 1.1K
Article
· Feb 19, 2016 2m read
Simple $system.Event examples

The attached file contains two $system.Event examples that processes work asynchronously using persistent queues:

Events_Simple

This is a very basic example that creates some worker processes and then enqueue messages to them using $system.Event.

5 6
1 1.1K
Article
· Feb 2, 2016 1m read
Cache' databases as UNIX sparse files

Some third party backup products may by default restore CACHE.DAT files as UNIX sparse files when there are trailing zeroes in the backup file.

The support for sparse files vary from UNIX distribution and file system types. Sparse files attempt to use file system space more efficiently when blocks allocated to the file are mostly empty similar to thin-provisioned storage. The file system transparently converts metadata representing empty blocks into "real" blocks filled with zero bytes at runtime. The application is suppose to be unaware of this conversion.

5 0
0 367

Hello community!

At the global summit in Phoenix, we (Lite Solutions) will be presenting a tool performing static code analysis on ObjectScript source files. You can see it in action at this URL:

https://demo.cachequality.com

Technically, the tool is a language plugin over SonarQube (http://sonarqube.org) and consists of three main parts:

5 6
1 1.8K

I've asked a lot of questions leading up to this, so I wanted to share some of my progress.

The blue line represents the number of messages processed. The background color represents the average response time. You can see ticks for each hour (and bigger ticks for each day). Hovering over any point in the graph will show you the numbers for that period in time.

This is super useful for "at a glance" performance monitoring as well as establishing patterns in our utilization.

5 2
0 486
Article
· Dec 1, 2016 2m read
Atelier Equivalents for Studio Actions
TaskStudio ActionAtelier EquivalentAtelier Keyboard ShortcutSee also ...
Display line numbers.View > Show Line NumbersWindow > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Show line numbersCTRL+,Atelier Editor Features: Line Numbers
Code completion assistanceImmediately suggests completions as you type, unless explicitly disabled.You must type CTRL+SPACE to invoke content assist.CTRL+SPACEEditor Content Assist
5 0
0 629
Question
· Sep 8, 2016
Cache for Raspberry Pi?

Some may think it's a strange / daft idea, but just today the Raspberry Pi folks have announced that they've now sold more than 10 million of them..and counting. That's a huge potential marketplace, and a great platform for getting people to hear about Cache and try it out. Given its focus on the education sector, another great way of getting heard about.

5 18
0 2.7K

The goal of this writing was to illustrate how to restore backup before the patch would be applied. The alert notes that:

The risk can be avoided by applying journals from the beginning of the journal file that was switched to at the start of the backup, rather than accepting the default of starting from the journal marker position.

Having non-patched Caché 2015.1.4, I ran sample database backup and restore just to get where I should answer "No". Collecting journal info from the backup log:

5 0
0 347

Hi!

Want to share with you code snippet of try catch block I usually use in methods which should return %Status.

{ 
 try {
  	$$$TOE(sc,StatusMethod())
 }
 catch e {
 	set sc=e.AsStatus()
 	do e.Log()
 }

Quit sc 
}

Here $$$TOE is a short form of $$$TROWONERROR macro.

Inside macro StatusMethod is any method you call which will return %Status value. This value will be placed into sc variable.

5 21
2 3.1K
Article
· Sep 23, 2016 6m read
Creating a RESTful Service using Ensemble

This is a detailed guide to develop RESTful services using InterSystems Ensemble. The goal of this guide is to make you understanding the basic concept and building blocks of a RESTful service. The service is going to provide a very basic functionality (a “Hello world!”).

You will learn how to create required components as Ensemble classes, configure the run-time as an Ensemble Production and create a service configuration as a web application.

5 3
0 2.5K
Article
· Jun 9, 2016 1m read
Ensemble monitoring

First post! In order to somewhat redeem myself for an unnecessary call to support, I've decided to post some classes that I've written to monitor certain metrics inside our Ensemble Live instance (yeah, Kyle, you WERE laughing at me, but it's okay). What the classes do is to run queries and code to get database sizes, status of the mirror, counts of rows in tables such as EnsLib.HL7.Message and Ens.MessageHeader. The data is collected and written to tables and then an email is sent out daily upon completion. I've found this quite useful in keeping an eye on what's going on. It's help

5 5
1 898

This article contains the tutorial document for a Global Summit academy session on Text Categorization and provides a helpful starting point to learn about Text Categorization and how iKnow can help you to implement Text Categorization models. This document was originally prepared by Kerry Kirkham and Max Vershinin and should work based on the sample data provided in the SAMPLES namespace.

5 0
1 642

For Global Summit 2016, I set out to showcase a Reference Architecture I had been working on for a National Provider Directory solution with State Level Instances and a National Instance all running HealthShare Provider Directory and all running on AWS Infrastructure.

In short, I wanted to highlight:

• The implementation of Amazon Web Services to provision the infrastructure, including the auto-creation of the state level instances through Cloud Formation.
  • The use of the HSPD Broadcast functionality to Notify Upstream Systems Changes in Master Provider Data.
  • The implementation of a transformation of the standard Broadcast Object to HL7 MFN for interoperability.
  • The principals of Master Data Management applied to the Provider Directory.

5 4
0 1.6K

This is the second article in a series on iKnow demo applications, showcasing how the concepts and context provided through iKnow's unique bottom-up approach can be used to implement relevant use cases and help users be more productive in their daily tasks. Last week's article discussed the Knowledge Portal, a straightforward tool to browse iKnow indexing results.

This week, we'll look into the Set Analysis demo, a slightly more advanced application where you'll be using the concepts identified by iKnow to organize your content into sets of documents. The original version of this demo was developed by Danny Wijnschenk & Alain Houf for an academy session at GS2015, but the app has evolved significantly since then.

5 10
0 1.3K
Article
· Jul 15, 2016 5m read
Zinsert and friends: Coding in terminal

While Studio and Atelier are useful development interfaces, there are occasionally situations where a quick edit needs to be made to code and only terminal access is available. A useful set of tools to do this are the zload, zprint, zinsert, zremove, and zsave commands. These are abbreviated to zl, zp, zi, zr, and zs respectively. While each of these commands has its own page in documentation, this article will synthesize that information with examples to provide instruction for their combined use.

5 2
1 696

Each business component in Ensemble picks up its allocated jobs from a pool, and the Pool Size setting for each component determines how many jobs each component can work on each time. In this article we will be specifically discussing different Pool Size settings for Business Processes.

Pool Size = 1

5 3
0 1.1K