InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,948 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Sep 13, 2018 1m read
Find a table given its name

The following code snippet includes a class method "test" that runs code to find a class based on the class's name. "test" takes one argument, which is the name of the table:

Class objectscript.findTable Extends %RegisteredObject
{
    classmethod test(name as %String="mytable")  
    {
            #Dim result as %ResultSet
            #Dim tName as %String
            #Dim contain as %Integer

Set contain=0
            Set result = ##class(%ResultSet).%New("%Dictionary.ClassDefinition:Summary")
            Do result.Execute()

While(result.Next()) 
            {
                Set tName=$get(result.Data("Name"))
                &sql(select position (:name in :tName) into :contain)
                Write:contain'=0 tName, " ... ", name, " (", contain,")", !
            }
            Return $$$OK
     }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

2 6
0 716
Announcement
· Oct 5, 2018
Global Summit 2018 Highlights

Hi, Community!

Just came back from Global Summit 2018 and want to share my impressions.

Key highlights of my choice:

1. The announcement of a new InterSystem Data Platform: InterSystems IRIS for Health!

2. Community and Express licensing for InterSystems IRIS

3. The Launch of InterSystems Open Exchange - the gallery of InterSystems Solutions, Tools, Technology examples, Adapters, and Interfaces! E.g. test coverage tool and Ethereum Blockchain Adapter

2 4
0 637
Question
· Oct 25, 2018
HealthShare Parameters Weights

Hi everyone! My name is Bruno Soares and I work with HealthShare. I have one question and would be very grateful if someone help me. Can somebody tell me where HealthShare parameters weight came from? Thank you all.

2 3
0 297

Hi, Community!

Someday you find yourself having a wonderful class package which can be helpful in several projects. So it is a library package.

How to make the classes available for different namespaces in Caché? There are two ways (at least two ways familiar to me):

1. Start the name of the package with %, like %FantasticLib.SuperClass. Wrong way.

If you do that the class would be placed in %SYS and would be available in other namespaces.

This is wrong because of the two reasons:

2 8
0 549

Too often users finding themselves in need of a software solution do not consider “open source” vs. “proprietary” alternative. Most of them either have their go-to favorite developer or just google for reviews and ready-made answers. However, this alternative must be the starting point of their search, as the decision has the most consequences.

It is not an overstatement to say that open source is the future of technology, albeit, it has its own unique challenges. Here is what users, especially corporate users should consider choosing the software for their business needs.

2 2
0 1K

Hi Everyone!

Very soon, almost every product and application will include artificial intelligence (AI).

On the afternoon of Wednesday, October 3, at the Global Summit 2018 in San Antonio we’re pulling together experts from InterSystems and from the front lines of the AI industry to discuss the current and future state-of-the-art for AI solutions.

Learn more about our Post-Summit Symposium: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.

2 4
0 538

With the release of InterSystems IRIS, we're also making available a nifty bit of software that allows you to get the best out of your InterSystems IRIS cluster when working with Apache Spark for data processing, machine learning and other data-heavy fun. Let's take a closer look at how we're making your life as a Data Scientist easier, as you're probably already facing tough big data challenges already, just from the influx of job offers in your inbox!

2 2
0 1.5K
Question
· Mar 1, 2018
Cucumber / Gherkin integration

Are there any BDD testing automation implementations within Mumps/Cache Objects already in existence?

We are looking at using Cucumber for our Java regression test automation and would like to use similar feature file testing with the Cache code.

Looking to use something existing before building it.

Regards,
-Karl

2 5
1 899
Article
· Sep 20, 2018 2m read
Get Day of the Week from Date

This code snippet determines the day of the week associated with a date. The class method "test" takes a date as a string in "mm/dd/yyyy" format, and returns an integer corresponding to a day of the week:

Class cartertiernan.getDayfromDate Extends %RegisteredObject
{
    classmethod test(date) as %Integer {
        //Set date = $ZDATE(date) //  Looks like: mm/dd/yyyy

Set monthList = $LISTBUILD(0,3,3,6,1,4,6,2,5,0,3,5) // (Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,...)
        Set centuryList = $LISTBUILD(6,4,2,0) // first two digits divisiable by 4, then subsequent centuries. EX (2000, 2100, 2200, 2300)
        Set dayList = $LISTBUILD("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday") // Index goes from 0-6

Set day = $PIECE(date,"/",2) // get the day 
        Set monthVal = $LIST(monthList,($PIECE( date,"/",1 ))) // get the month value
        Set first2DigsYear = $PIECE( date,"/",3 ) \ 100 // get the last 2 digits of the year
        Set last2DigsYear = $PIECE( date,"/",3 ) # 100 // get the first 2 digits of the year

// Used for DEBUG perpouses
        /*write !,"day: ",day
        write !,"Month: ",monthVal
        write !,"last2: ",last2DigsYear
        write !,"first2: ",first2DigsYear
        write !,"cen Val: ",$LIST(centuryList,(first2DigsYear # 4) + 1),!!*/

// Look here for formula explination (its the "Basic method for mental calculation")
        // http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determination_of_the_day_of_the_week
        Set dayOfWeekVal = ( day + monthVal + last2DigsYear + (last2DigsYear\4) + $LIST(centuryList,(first2DigsYear # 4) + 1 ) ) # 7

Quit dayOfWeekVal
    }
}

Here's a link to the code on GitHub

(originally posted to CODE by Carter Tiernan, 6/18/14)

2 1
1 904

Hi,

Can we create a new class in the studio using any command rather then using the Menu Item Option from Menu Bar in Studio .

Requirement : Create/Draft a new class and able to extends the other classes using a command in Cache Class .

In other words , I want to Dig in the Menu Item class from which Menu bar is created in studio and option are provided Like New..., Open..., etc

Thanks,

Ravi

2 1
0 234

Hi, Community!

Check a new session recording from Global Summit 2017:

Mirror, Mirror, Which Should I Choose?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NmMfE14RdDs
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 300
Question
· Apr 5, 2018
Drawing boxes

Hello, Community!

Here's an interesting task I found on the Internet.

Problem description

Write a method that would draw a box of a specified size.

The goal is to write the shortest method.

Here's a method signature (it can't be modified):

ClassMethod main(s As %Integer = 10)

And call sample:

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(5)
#####
## ##
# # #
## ##
#####

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(10)
##########
##      ##
# #    # #
#  #  #  #
#   ##   #
#   ##   #
#  #  #  #
# #    # #
##      ##
##########

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(20)
####################
##                ##
# #              # #
#  #            #  #
#   #          #   #
#    #        #    #
#     #      #     #
#      #    #      #
#       #  #       #
#        ##        #
#        ##        #
#       #  #       #
#      #    #      #
#     #      #     #
#    #        #    #
#   #          #   #
#  #            #  #
# #              # #
##                ##
####################

2 15
0 579
Question
· Jul 18, 2018
Market penetration

My understanding is that IRIS is a new technology and does not replace Cache or Ensemble and to that end is more of a modernization than a repackaging. Is that accurate?

Is IRIS and HealthShare heavily penetrated in the payer space of primarily dominate in the provider space? What is the trajectory for InterSystems to penetrate the payer landscape?

2 1
0 446
Announcement
· Jan 26, 2018
New Video: Java Business Hosts

Hi, Community!

Please find a new session recording from Global Summit 2017:

Java Business Hosts

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOYZdojTqfQ
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 347