Hi folks,

My fist post here and a tricky question right away!

I have a remote MySQL database table ("SomeData"; not under my control), and a Caché-class (remote.SomeDataAccess) linked to it via ODBC using the link table wizard.

The remote table has a field "id" which is the primary key and an autoincrement bigint value. This has been considered in the setup and the generated class has an

1 3
0 397
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,957 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Given a complex method flagged with [ SqlProc ] so it is available as an SQL stored procedure, what's the best way to report a non-system error detected in that method - say, for example, an error %Status - so that the SQL query calling it fails descriptively? Is it best to create and throw an exception, or are there special % variables involved (like in a trigger)? I haven't been able to find an answer in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

0 2
0 397

Hi I am getting this message for some databases but not for others: This database is mounted as read-only due to 'Failed to access iris.lck file'! and not for others on Google Cloud community non-health edition.

For example this default database displays the message: Name IRISLIB Directory /usr/irissys/mgr/irislib/

But this default database does not: Name IRISSYS Directory /ISC/dur/mgr/

0 3
0 397

I have classes A and B, B derived from A, A has method Abc.

From INT of class B I see that compiler copies implementation of Abc to class B, so that Abc exists both in A and B.

As result, when B invokes Abs, B.Abs() is executed instead of A.Abs(). In result debuger is not able to step into Abs and breakpoints in A.Abs never hit.

Why this happens and how can I avoid this?

Update:

OK, now I know the reason: compiler makes the copy if Abc has this line:

0 21
0 397

Hi folks!

Sometimes when we develop a mockup or PoC there is a need for a simple interface that will provide data in IRIS in JSON against SQL queries.

And recently I contributed a simple module that does exactly that:

accepts SQL string and returns the JSON.

How to install? Just call:

zpm "install sql-rest"

If you install it in a namespace X it will setup a /sql endpoint to your system that will accept POST requests with SQL string and will return the result for you for the data available in the namespace X.

7 0
2 396
Question
· Mar 8, 2016
Multiple Namespaces vs One

We are beginning a project to switch over to a differnt EMR for our inpatient system, and we are wondering if others out here have worked on a similar project and how did you handle your Ensemble environment?

Currently, we use one namespace for all of our HL7 interfaces. Has anyone used a separate namespace for a project to keep the build separate until go-live? What were the pros/cons for you using a different namespace? Or did you use one and what issues did you have because of it?

0 2
0 396

Those of you, who work with DeepSee, might have spotted, that when working with a date hierarchy, there are several functions, allowing you to select a time function for a given level. E.g. for extracting a year from a date/time property when building date hierarchy, you simply use Year function. similarly for month number, quarter and so on. Sometimes, you may wish to see the time - namely hour numbers. For this there is a HourNumber function available with DeepSee. Unfortunately, this function converts time into 12 hours format suffixed with AM/PM to indicate day part.

2 7
0 396

Hi, Community!

You know, that when we build hierarchies in DeepSee dimension all the members of lower level should be the part of one member of the higher level.

If not you'll get some empty results in MDX queries with this hierarchy.

With Time dimensions the obvious valid hierarchy is Year->Month->Day, cause every Month consists of one Year and every day consists of one month.

2 3
0 396
Question
· May 29, 2019
Tortoise GIT Setup

We are currently trying to implement TortoiseGIT into Cache Studio as per the following Github project

https://github.com/intersystems-ru/cache-tort-git

Our architecture is as follows:

- A server with Ensemble installed on

- Team of several members connect to the server and perform their code build

TortoiseGIT was installed on the server, however, should the REPO location be:

- on the server itself (as a shared path)?

0 5
0 396

Hi, Community!

I'm using Git with DeepSee and when I need to do a commit to the git repo I'm exporting ALL the pivots and dashboards from the namespace. But I can forget to do that) And it can take time for a large system.

What is the way to manage automatical export of DeepSee artefacts which we are editing in UI (Cubes, Pivots, Dashboards, Pivot Variables, Term lists, Shared Measures) into files every time when I push Save button?

0 5
0 396

Hi Community,

We're pleased to invite you to join the upcoming InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk: Integrated Development Environments on May 19 at 10:00 AM EDT!

In this edition of InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talks, we put the spotlight on Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). We'll talk about InterSystems latest initiative with the open source ObjectScript extension to Visual Studio Code, discussing what workflows are particularly suited to this IDE, how development, support, and enhancement requests will work in an open source ecosystem, and more.

2 1
0 396

I have an existing table, and I've added an array property to it that I need to populate.
The issue is that I can only use SQL to insert into the table due to access reasons.

For example:

Class Package.Tables.Person Extends %Persistent
{
Property Name As %String(MAXLEN = "");

Property Address As Array of Package.Datatypes.Address;
}

0 1
0 395

NewBie's Corner Session 4 The Plus Sign and Concatenation Operators

Welcome to NewBie's Corner, a weekly or biweekly post covering basic Caché Material.

Click on the Caché Cube in your system tray and select Terminal to try out the commands.

Plus Sign (+) operator

Typically, the Plus sign (+) adds two numbers together. This is true in COS (Caché ObjectScript), but COS uses it in other ways as well.

Set the variable X to a value of +12

0 0
0 395
Question
· Jul 24, 2019
Using Relationships

In Cache for UNIX (Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86-64) 2018.1.2 (Build 309U) Mon Mar 4 2019 15:07:46 EST

I have a master record that has a relationship to a table with multiple transactions, and the transaction table has a relationship to another transaction table with multiple other transactions.

IE Item to Physcal to Physical Report

Item Master:

0 5
0 395