Hello Caché Guru,

I'm new to Cache system. I'm trying to do something like saving meta data in Relational DB:

I could use "management portal" -> System Explorer->SQL to view individual table's catalog details or print out the column definition. However I need to gather those information for several hundreds of tables in the DB. Is there a way to do it using command line in kind of batching mode?

Any hint and tip is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Victor

0 3
0 574
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,897 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Nov 11, 2017 3m read
Summary on Local Variable Scoping

This should be an overview over a subject that pops up over several places in online documentation mostly as remarks and never as dedicated chapter.

Once upon a time ... No it's not a fairy tale.
In the beginning of Caché (and before) you had your partition to run your code. Part of that partition was a space with all your local variables nicely sorted by %,A,..Z,a,...z

14 3
1 950

This is a series of programming challenges for beginners and experienced Caché programmers.

For an introduction : go to article https://community.intersystems.com/post/advent-code-2016-day1-no-time-ta...

In today's challenge, you have to execute instructions that control how bots are handling microchips.

The input contain instructions that can be something like this :

2 1
0 341

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble parsing XML containing unicode characters which I receive from an external webservice. I believe my file is saved properly with UTF-8 encoding but the SAX Parser still throws me an error.

I have 2 classmethods: 1 general one (get) to make a request to a webservice and return the date, and 1 (getSportsPerDate) to make a specific call and then parse the data.

0 5
0 2.2K

As many of you, our partners, are more widely using modern UI frameworks to create client front-end, you may have encountered a question, "So how do I secure my data when I just finished developing all new fancy browser based client experience?"

The answer is easy. Use a standard, proven OAuth2 and OpenID!

"OK, but how can I do it? I have never done it before."

No problem, just have a look here, if your client is Angular (not AngularJS) based, there is a demo project available for you to review and get inspired!

6 1
0 1.2K

Hello,

Sorry for my epic english :(

I have a strange issue.

I have generated an encryption key with the tool (UI.Portal.EncryptionCreate.zen).

Then I activate my key for data encryption (UI.Portal.EncryptionManaged) and encryption work fine.

But when I reboot my server the key is removed from the data encryption key list (UI.Portal.EncryptionManaged) and I have to re-activate the key.

Perhaps somebody have an idee ?

Cache version : Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2016.2.2 (Build 853U)

Windows: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

0 2
0 346

Hello All,

what is the best method for search a portion of text in a non-indexed global?

I need to implement an autocomplete kind of search, in a global of >1M registers (text type, not $lb)

Maybe the best way would be use a SQL mapped class, with 'Bitmap' indexes?

Thanks in advance!

0 4
0 466

A request came from a customer to estimate how long it would take to encrypt a database with cvencrypt utility.

This question is a little bit like how long is a piece of string — it depends. But its an interesting question. The answer primarily depends on the performance of CPU and storage on the target platform the customer is using, so the answer is more about coming up with a simple methodology that can be used to benchmark the CPU and storage while running cvencrypt.

6 0
1 959

This is a series of programming challenges for beginners and experienced Caché programmers.

For an introduction : go to article https://community.intersystems.com/post/advent-code-2016-day1-no-time-ta...

Today's challenge is about decompressing input that is compressed in an experimental format.
In the format, markers indicate how much time a number of characters need to be repeated.

For example :

2 3
0 566

I installed the Cache client along with Atelier on my mac.

My question is:

How do I access the Management Portal on a mac?

My Atelier stand-alone app allows me to use the Cache instance, but how do I get to the Management Portal to set up security and create new namespaces, etc.?

Also, where to I check to see when Cache is actually running?

Thanks.

Bob Harris

0 4
0 669

Hi, Community!

Please welcome a new session recording from Global Summit 2017:

Application Performance Management

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IINsLJ2g9E8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 354
Question
· Nov 9, 2017
Detecting and managing failover

I have Ensemble/Healthshare running in a production environment which is setup with a mirror failover and an arbiter sitting between them.

In the event of a failover we have a number of connections that need stopping/monitoring and starting in a certain order.

Is there a programmatic way we can detect the failover and stop certain services and operations immediately and then start them up again in the required order, checking their connection state before starting the next connection.

0 2
0 500
Question
· Nov 8, 2017
Node.js version

Does anyone know where to find a cache.node that works with Cache version 2016.1.1.108.0? I am currently getting this:

Error: Unable to load shared library C:\InterSystems\TryCache\bin\cache.node''

I am using Windows 7 Pro + SP1.

Thanks!

0 9
0 587

The challenge of today has nothing to do with real two-factor authentication ! (sorry if you came to this article by searching the real thing)

1 1
0 252

Hi Developer community

Does anyone know where the custom message filters for the message browser live? You can load and save by name and existing filters appear in a list. I want to export them from an existing production and import then into a new one.

Thanks in advance

MikeD

0 3
0 315