NOTE: This content was originally presented at the InterSystems Global Summit in 2014, however related topics often come up on the Developer Community so I have decided to turn this into an article for easier reference and discussion. However, much of the content was pulled directly from the presentation slides so the article format resembles that of a PPT deck more than paragraphs.

7 1
3 953
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,898 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi community,

I have an incorrect InterSystems Server Credentials password stored by the Workstation Keychain in VS Code. VS Code is trying to use this incorrect stored credential to access the server and does not prompt or allow me to input a different password. I do not see any settings associated with the Keychain or resetting those credentials. Does anyone know of the process to delete or replace a stored password here?

Thanks!

Hannah

2 1
0 298

As noted in the previous article Native API has some limits.
So I did some research on a more Terminal-like interface that
provides me with access like a console or the IRIS terminal
to allow my $QUERY over a global and other nice commands
that are not supported/mapped in NativeAPI for ObjectScript.

The basic tools are well-prepared and available.

0 1
0 166
Question
· Aug 17, 2018
%VID Question

I'm Trying to create a "Windowing Function" In Cache similar to SQL Server. I'm trying to create a Row Number for every account number (Example Below). I know I can use the %Vid function to create the Row Number but I need the row number to reset with every new account number. In SQL Server it would be Row_Number over (Partition by account number order by account number). and Example of what I am trying to create is below.

Row Number Account Number

1 1

2 1

0 1
0 735

Hi, I think it's a simple question this at the end of something fairly complex

I've a DTL to go to a target class in context

I get the error CLASS DOES NOT callrequest=##class(context.ConnectDocumentRequest).%New()'

I attempted to add code to initate the context with

set context.ConnectDocumentRequest =##class(Penn.EDT.Messages.ConnectDocumentRequest).%New()

0 1
0 239
Discussion
· Jul 6, 2021
Vunerability Scan

Hi All,

I have to do intersystems iris objectscript code vulnerability scan. I tried in synck vulnerabilities but it's not supported for the xml file. Can someone guide me? Anyother tools are there to do this?

0 1
0 157

I have created a view to stage some data in a different format and then want to reference that view in a SQL query from a table that filters the data from the view using a property of the table.

Example:

select
MsgId,
FileName,
(select
ReportName
from
custom_view
where
MsgId = ReportId
) as ReportName
from
main_table

Is this even possible? When I try this, I get an error table not found for the view?

David

0 1
0 268

I have an Ens.StreamContainer which holds XML that was received, and I need to validate that against an XSD schema. The schema is very simple, only looking at the root element and maybe a couple other items to ensure the XML is what we expect before continuing the data flow.

0 1
0 593

s ftp=##class(%Net.FtpSession).%New()

s ok=ftp.Connect(server,user,password,port)
s ftp.Timeout = 100

i ok {

s ok=ftp.SetDirectory(directory)
i ok {
n files,file

s ok=ftp.NameList(directory,.files)
i ok {
f i=1:1:files.Count() {
s file=files.GetAt(i)
i (ftp.SetDirectory(file)) {
d ftp.SetToParentDirectory()
continue
}
s fname=$p(file,"/",$l(file,"/"))

1 1
1 189
Article
· Nov 9, 2015
Subscribing to posts?

How do I subscribe to a post? I would like to get email notifications when a comment is made on a post.

Not only posts that I created, but also posts from others that I am lurking on (have not commented on )

is this possible?

1 1
0 110
Article
· Dec 2, 2015
Formatting the post

There is any mean to use different fonts? For example "Courier New" for code text, or different colors? To work only with HTML is too hard

1 1
0 153

We have a Cache database in Azure, and want to expose it as an OData source (link).

My first attempt was to use Microsoft's Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework to create the data models...but it seems as if EF and Cache don't work together. (I do have those instructions from 2013, but they don't work. (See other post. Best answer seems to be "migrate to IRIS 2019.1.")

Is there any other form of OData support?

0 1
0 634

One of the many benefits of using Atelier for your ObjectScript development is its integration with a wide range of source control systems. This integration enables you to use modern development workflows which increase collaboration while minimizing the risk inherent to volatile code bases.

Veteran ObjectScript developers can tell you about the workarounds that were needed before they could use source control systems with products like Caché and Ensemble. One of these was to treat the data store itself effectively as a code repository. And so shared development environments became essential for many of our customers to be productive and successful.

For code shops that rely on shared development environments, adopting Atelier might seem too complicated. This article aims to provide a practical example to guide your team towards success with Atelier.

You can find an overview of the problems and solutions in this article here, which is a good place to start. This article assumes that you are familiar with the concepts introduced there.

8 1
0 813