Article
· Aug 21, 2019 2m read
ToolBox-4-Iris

Hello everyone,
After some work with IRIS we want to share our ToolBox-4-Iris with you.

What is this about?

The ToolBox-4-Iris is an API for IRIS with a collection of handy and useful tools - features that are not available in IRIS, but greatly simplify application development. To save time and effort on the "typical tools" that every developer needs. This includes additional classes, individual methods or even more efficient macros, which are described in the respective packages.

Content

11 3
1 390
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,537 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I have a repository that I want to have in my /home/centos7/ directory, but it appears that Cache cannot access files there. Is that really the case?

It seems like this is the case because in System Management Portal, when I try to up a new database in /home/centos7/, there aren't any directories listed, even if I add a custom one. Is Cache blocked out from this directory, and are there any others that Cache doesn't have the permission to access?

0 4
0 363

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone can help I would like to know what is the underlying method that is used for exporting lookup tables from within studio. I would like to do this programmatically. The export function provided with Ens.Util.LookupTable is not compatible with studio.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Salma

0 4
0 548

Hi Everyone!

New video, recorded by @Benjamin De Boe, is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Scaling Fluidly with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JZTurWzFB1k
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 273

Hi Developers!

InterSystems Developers Community today unites more than 7,000 developers from all over the world. Since 2016, our community has been growing and improving for you, our dear developers!

Together we've done a lot over these years, and much more is planned for the future!

So, who makes our community better every day? Who tries for all of us and improves the space for developers?

Let's warmly greet our team:

10 7
1 687

Hi Community!

Sometimes I meet a method which accepts 10+ parameters.

And often I need only the 8th parameter to pass. And I call the method something like:

do ##class(Some.Feature).Method(,,,,,,,"flag")

And I don't like this method when I call it like this cause, you know, often I just miss the number of commas and raise some other flag I wanted.

How do you avoid this situations?

If you meet such a code, how do you call it and sure that you didn't miss the number of ","?

What is a good number of parameters in a method and f you need to pass more parameters in a method what do you do?

3 27
1 1.6K
Question
· Aug 27, 2019
Tools to find a class

Good morning,
I'm working with a persistent data class and need to know which classes are evoquing it.
Is there a tool in the system to do it, similar to use the F12 key to follow a class?

0 2
0 204

I am trying out Atelier. I have installed it and managed to get it to connect to a cache instance to test it. I have created a local project and I am trying to copy the server files to it using the "Copy to Project" item on the popup menus. I can copy both classes and routines to the project without issue, but when I try to copy the CSP files, I get the following message:

com.intersystems.atelier.utils.CheckedExceptionWrapper: Input length = 1

0 3
0 238
Announcement
· Aug 26, 2019
Learning News: August 2019

Now available from InterSystems Learning Services: the August 2019 newsletter!

See what's going on with Learning Services at the Global Summit, including:

• Achieve certification in one or more subjects

• Dive into InterSystems IRIS™ on your own machine

• Attend a Personal Training session to get your questions answers

• Optimize your training plan for yourself or members of your team

• Get steep discounts on classroom courses

0 0
0 185
Question
· Feb 28, 2016
Mocking tools for Unit Testing

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of a library that can be used to create Mock objects for Objectscript classes?

Right now, my team has been building mock objects by hand to help circumvent dependencies when writing and executing unit tests, but I always wondered if someone had ever created a Mock library like Mockito to help quicken the process.

Thanks!

3 4
0 949
Question
· Oct 2, 2018
Terminal Access Denied

HI,

I have been using evaluation version of Cache 2017.2, it was working fine and I was using Cache studio, SMP & Cache Terminal/console till yesterday.

Today, cache was in shutdown status, then I restarted. But, Cache terminal is not working and showing as Access Denied while otherthings like studio and SMP is working as expected. I checked all security level services on SMP, all are fine and enabled.

Can anyone help me to diagnose the problem and make it working.

Thanks.

0 9
0 1.8K