InterSystems Programming Contest: Developer Tools
You asked - we did it! We're glad to announce the next competition for InterSystems Developers! Please welcome:
Submit an application that helps to develop faster, contribute more qualitative code, helps in testing, deployment, support, or monitoring of your solution with InterSystems IRIS.
Duration: March 29 - April 25, 2021
Total prize: $8,500
1. Experts Nomination - a specially selected jury will determine winners:
🥇 1st place - $4,000
🥈 2nd place - $2,000
🥉 3rd place - $1,000
2. Community winners - an application that will receive the most votes in total:
🥇 1st place - $750
🥈 2nd place - $500
🥉 3rd place - $250
If several participants score the same amount of votes, they all are considered winners, and the money prize is shared among the winners.
Who can participate?
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees. Create an account!
👥 Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team.
Do not forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
🛠 March 29 - April 18: Application development and registration phase (during this period, devs are able to edit/improve their projects).
✅ April 19 - 25: Voting phase.
🎉 April 26: Winners announcement.
Note: Developers can improve their apps throughout the entire registration and voting period.
💡 InterSystems IRIS developer tools 💡
In this contest, we expect applications that improve developer experience with IRIS, help to develop faster, contribute more qualitative code, helps to test, deploy, support, or monitor your solution with InterSystems IRIS.
Here are the requirements:
- Accepted applications: 100% new apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- Types of applications that match: UI-frameworks, IDE, Database management, monitoring, deployment tools, etc.
- The application should work either on IRIS Community Edition or IRIS for Health Community Edition, or IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should contain the installation steps and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
- Source code for the application is available in UDL format (not XML). Example.
The requirements above are subject to change.
- iris-rad-studio - RAD for UI
- cmPurgeBackup - backup tool
- errors-global-analytics - errors visualization
- objectscript-openapi-definition - open API generator
- Test Coverage Tool - test coverage helper
- and many more.
Templates we suggest to start from:
How to submit your app to the contest:
Please find the updated voting rules here.
We're waiting for YOUR great project – join our coding marathon to win!
❗️ Please check out the Official Contest Terms here.❗️