InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,022 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

In time for InterSystems Global Summit 2019 we at George James Software are pleased to offer a cloud-hosted evaluation environment where you can work with Serenji in Visual Studio Code, editing and debugging ObjectScript in a sandbox running InterSystems IRIS 2019.3 Community edition.

You can do it all from your web browser. Nothing will be installed on your workstation, nor will any settings have to be changed on it.

To take Serenji for a test drive please visit https://georgejames.com/dc-gitpod

2 2
1 314
Question
· Nov 15, 2022
Message Router "Copy"

I copied an existing message router and when I make changes to the rules in the copy it changes the values in the original message rounter.

How can I update my copy to have unqie values in my rules.

0 3
0 314

Today %SYS.Namespace.ListAll started to report one namespace, for example USER, two times: once as "USER" and once as USER's database "^^c:\databases\user".

Details: my Cache instance has 50+ local namespaces. Today I have "touched" 3 of them (imported new classes), and now ListAll reports each of these 3 twice. Looks like ListAll is the only one who sees those strange duplicates, in all other places (Portal, Studio) only USER is shown.

Can someone explain what is happening?

0 9
0 314

I created a new class DSW.Addons.htmlViewer:

Class DSW.Addons.htmlViewer Extends %DeepSee.Component.Portlet.abstractPortlet
{

Property Data As %String;

ClassMethod %OnGetPortletSettings(Output pInfo As %List, ByRef pSettings) As %Status
{
    Kill pInfo
    Set pInfo(1) = $lb("Data", , , "Data", "Data setting")
    Quit $$$OK
}
}

It's a ZEN component and DeepSee portlet. It's immediately available in the namespace I created it in. DSW package is mapped to %ALL and to Samples, but if I try to create a widget with this portlet I get ZEN class not found error.

1 2
0 314
Question
· Aug 10, 2018
using Microsoft diskspd

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of using the Microsoft diskspd utility to test the storage infrastructure in Healthshare/Ensemble environment.

I am interested in getting some figures to highlight any issues with different approaches to provisioning the disks on our new environment.

I am at a loss as to what parameters I should use to give a reasonable synthetic load that will give me any indication of potential issues. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Jason

0 3
0 314

Hey Community!

As you know, InterSystems Developer Community is always evolving. We have a number of different pages in popular social networks. And now we're more than happy to launch the InterSystems Developer Community on LinkedIn! Please welcome:

1. Developer Community Page on LinkedIn: to stay in the know about articles, answers, announcements, hot discussions, best practices based on InterSystems technology - so good if you are an active user of LinkedIn!

2. InterSystems Developers Group on LinkedIn: to network with other developers.
Imagine that you want to invite a high-pro DC member to your event, or you have a question or need advice... How to contact him/her? Now it's easy! Go to DC LinkedIn Group and send a direct message!

3 1
1 314

Hello everyone,

I talked to a colleague and he said that at the other company he worked, they converted a routine into a line and used that in the terminal like a command. So, I want to know if we have this function native in Intersystems products, or maybe was a program they created, my colleague doesn't remember and this would be useful for me now.

Edit:

Example of function:

0 9
0 314
Article
· Jul 30, 2022 5m read
Introduction to Django part 3

Continuing to observe the possibilities of Django, and usage with IRIS. The first we have looked how to define models and connect to tables already existing in IRIS, than we extended embedded Django Administration portal, with an ability to see what data we have in that models, with filters, editing and even pagination.

Time to go to real action, now we a going to create some REST API, on Django, based on the same data, we used before from the package posts-and-tags.

To do so, we will use Django REST Framework

Django REST Framework

Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.

Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:

• The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
  • Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
  • Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
  • Customizable all the way down - just use regular function-based views if you don't need the more powerful features.
  • Extensive documentation, and great community support.
  • Used and trusted by internationally recognised companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite.

4 0
0 314
Question
· Apr 4, 2018
JPA Mapping of Lists

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to properly map List collection types. I can't change the schema at all, and I don't have the ability to change the way they are stored from the serialized form to the Array projection. I'm also pretty locked into using JPA for Java interoperability, as I'd like to be able to change out the backing database arbitrarily.

0 1
0 314
Question
· May 10, 2018
2015.2.2 .json format

Is it possible to produce a .json format using Ensemble 2015.2.2? Not sure what the trigger will be as of yet, but we have our local Department of Health trying to develop a reporting piece using .json.

Not sure how this will work with our Ensemble instance not being in the DMZ to send outside our network, but I thought I would ask anyway to see if it is possible.

Thanks

Scott Roth

0 2
0 314

Oracle plans to deprecate the much-maligned Java browser plugin in JDK 9. For years, the bundled plugin put users at risk with its numerous security flaws. The web is clearly moving to a plugin-free state, which is a good direction.

If you are relying on the Java browser plugin, you should take a look at Java Web Start.

Here is the official blog post by Oracle:

https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/moving_to_a_plugin_free

Stefan

0 0
0 314

I have a process that receives a EnsLib.DICOM.Document, and then attempts to extract a PDF from the dataset to save to a folder.

When I use the GetValueAt method to get the pdf from the document (from the EncapsulatedDocument section), the status returned is 1, but I'm only getting the first 32648 characters(?) from the PDF.

I thought it was a string max length problem, but long strings are enabled and the final PDF is tiny (94kb) so it's not hitting the long string.

Is there some form of limit to using the GetValueAt method that I'm missing?

0 3
0 314

When using VS Code for Objectscript, is there a way to directly open % classes, like %Library.String, without needing to search for a property of that type and right clicking->"Go to Definition"?

I know it is possible to use "system=1" in the workspace uri definition to see all the % classes, but that tends to clog up the left side viewer with many extra directories. There is also the option in the settings to selectively hide some by defining files.exclude, but it seems fairly complicated to set up a filter for exactly the relevant directories.

1 4
1 314

I am demonstrating a use case of how we can create an IRIS Interoperability Production for special use in an external language. InterSystems IRIS, within Interoperability has a framework called Production Extension (PEX), using which we can create productions and program them as per their purpose using external languages like Java, Python etc, and also develop custom inbound and outbound adapters to communicate with other applications.

6 5
0 314

Hi Community!

We are launching the new channel of InterSystems Technology content for you. Please welcome InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel!

What the content you will find there:

See how it looks:

2 0
0 314

Hey Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Real-Life Experiences Migrating a Caché Application Portfolio to InterSystems IRIS @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xUIULmh6LhY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 313
Question
· Jul 22, 2017
select sql error

hi

I execute sql like this: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef>='2046121'

error message:

but the sql: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef='2046121' can be executed successfully

why?

0 5
0 313