InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,007 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

For the upcoming Python contest, I would like to make a small demo, on how to create a simple REST application using Python, which will use IRIS as a database. Using this tools

• FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production
  • SQLAlchemy is the Python SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper that gives application developers the full power and flexibility of SQL
  • Alembic is a lightweight database migration tool for usage with the SQLAlchemy Database Toolkit for Python.
  • Uvicorn is an ASGI web server implementation for Python.

5 5
2 319

Hi, I have a laptop with a Core i5 processor, a workstation with AMD Athlon 3000G processor, and another workstation with AMD Ryzen 3900 onboard. I was succeded to install IRIS Health community on the laptop. On both AMD workstations the install process hangs. I've waited for 8 hours but with no avail. What could be wrong with AMD?

0 9
0 319

When I add a parameter to dataCombo for loading it on runtime and the property editable set to 0, dynamically loading content for dropdown through parameter works fine.

But, when I set editable to 1, to implement user search in dataCombo, loading through parameter is not working, it is loaded all rows, but I need loading on some parameter. It don't see the parameter, when editable is 1.

Is it normal behavior of dataCombo? But how about user search in dataCombo on this case? When editable is 0, we can't enter any character in dataCombo.

0 2
0 319

I did some experiments on my local machine and found out that IRIS seems to associate each request (eg: CSP request) to a dedicated process named IrisDB.exe

This process has 3 threads, and one of them seems to be the main working thread (that will the handle request).

If I spawn many concurrent requests, the number of IrisDB processes on my local machine will grow (to make sure each request can be handled in parallel).

It seems there is a limit : it will create no more than 64 processes to handle requests (eg: even if 100 concurrent requests are send to IRIS).

1 3
0 319

Hi!

Sometimes I need to filter the widget on a dashboard from a different cube. And I face the following problem:

Widget A refers to a query from Cube A and I want to filter Widget B from Widget B.

Widget's B pivot refers to Cube B, and which has different dimensions for the same data.

E.g. cube A has the dimension Author and the Cube B has the dimension Member for the same data. So there is no way to filter such a widget B from the widget A.

1 1
1 318
Question
· Feb 23, 2021
Logging for "Dead" Processes

Today we had an issue where a couple of our IRIS "processes" had a status of "Dead".

How do I configure IRIS so that, when that happens, IRIS will log an event to messages.log or alerts.log?

We are forwarding the contents of both of those logs to Splunk for analysis, and I'd like to be able to see those events in there as well.

0 7
0 318
Discussion
· Sep 21, 2020
Unit Testing Naming Convention

Hi Developers!

Recently we discussed the naming convention on packages we deploy and even made some choices.

Here I want to have a conversation on the naming convention for unit tests.

Of course, we wish every good library has unit tests. Here is the documentation and some good articles(one, two, three) regarding it on the Developer Community.

Let's decide on the naming of UnitTests packages?

The suggestion is that unit test classes will all start with the UnitTest package name.

E.g. if your library's class name is:

johndoe.lib.class

The related unit test class will be:

UnitTest.johndoe.lib.class

What about folders?

The suggestion is that unit test classes will live separately from source classes, e.g. in /tests directory.

Here is the example of a repository with unit tests that are named and placed according to the proposal.

What do you think?

5 6
0 318
Question
· Jul 7, 2020
DTL vs. ObjectScript

As I've become a little more familiar with HealthShare, I'd like to start exploring different ways of doing things. To date, the bulk of my data transformations have been using DTL; only using ObjectScript for a few operations that write to external SQL tables that were largely based on examples provided by my sales engineer.

0 4
0 318

I have one REST service extending %CSP.REST

I am trying to call one method using JOB, its not getting called does anyone have any idea if i am doing anything wrong here.

works : do ##class(TestFramework.API.E2E.Service).RunCases()

does not work : JOB ##class(TestFramework.API.E2E.Service).RunCases()

0 6
0 318

Hello,

I am wondering if there any mechanism available in the Healhtshare where send a request from the service to the operation without storing the Data on CACHE.DAT?

My company going to receive ADT's and CCDA's from an external source (Hospital), The incoming data will have two kinds of patients, our patients, and not our patients. We do not want to keep the data on our servers of those patients that do not belongs to our company due to HIPPA complaint

Looking forward to hearing great ideas from this community.

Thank you

Raghu

0 3
0 318
Question
· Sep 17, 2020
Bulk load csv into global

Is there a way to bulk load csv into a global? I have a csv with 283 lines in the following pattern

123, first text

234, second text

456, third text

I want to load them into a global ^loader(code, text). Is there a way to upload them using code?

0 4
0 318

It's time to announce the Winners for November! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in November:

🥇 @Enrico Parisi, Senior Consultant, Gaivota Consulting SA, Switzerland
🥈 @Luis Angel Pérez Ramos, Sales Engineer, InterSystems, Spain
🥉
@Daniel Aguilar, Senior Developer, Aquaservice, Spain

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

8 12
0 318

Hi Community!

We are pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems Full Stack Contest Kick-off Webinar! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Full Stack Contest.

On this webinar, we’ll demo the IRIS Full Stack template and answer the questions on how to develop, build and deploy full stack applications in InterSystems IRIS.

Date & Time: Monday, September 21 — 11:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager
🗣 @Raj Singh, InterSystems Product Manager - Developer Experience

1 2
0 318

I have a class extends %Persistent & %XML.Adaptor

It has 100 properties for example

Now I do intend to create a xml schema that I can import in Ensemble->XMLSchemas

I did try to use XMLExportToString and %XMLWriter.GetXMLString

but didn't give me a proper schema. May be I am missing some small step

Can someone pls help

0 1
0 318