Hello, we have a few hundreds of triggers to port from Oracle to Cachè for a migration project, and many of them have to change (for example, normalize a value, null it, etc) the value which is being inserted.

The documentation says "You cannot set {fieldname*N} in trigger code." , so we're unlucky.

Is there a good workaround for this ?

SqlComputeOnChange doesn't seem the best way, but I'm not totally sure: for example normalization and validation could have a better place somewhere else than a trigger.

1 2
0 346

Currently, we have an application running in one namespace ("Database B") that has globals and routines mapped to another database ("Database A"). After enforcing clean up on Database A, we found that 90% of the disk is free. We would like to compact Database A and release the unused space. However, we are running OpenVMS, which seems to be the issue.

For databases consisting of only globals, we are able to use ^GBLOCKCOPY; however, we need to ensure that the routines and mappings are also copied.

1 8
0 1K

I have a Enslib.REST.operation which I want to use to send a JSON message. In Ensemble I am using the request message to the Business operation as an input for ObjectToJsonStream function so I can send it out (this is the way to go right?). However, I am now running into the fact that one of the attributes (template_name) contains an underscore and that I am not allowed to use the underscore to define the property in my ensemble RequestMessage:

Property template_name As %String;

1 1
0 362

Hey all! I'd like to collect some feedback regarding searching for messages using the Message Viewer. I'd like to find out what things regarding the Message Viewer you all in the community have found difficult/confusing/poorly documented. This can of course include things that you don’t know how to do yet, but would like to learn about.

1 4
0 437

I'm aware of two ways to get list of files in a dir:

set dir = "C:\temp\"
set rs = ##class(%File).FileSetFunc(dir, , , 1)
do rs.%Display()

and:

set dir = "C:\temp\"
set file=$ZSEARCH(dir_"*")
while file'="" {
   write !,file
   set file=$ZSEARCH("")
}

Yet they bot return only files and directories in a current directory, but not files in subdirectories.

I suppose I call one of these recursively, but maybe there's a better solution?

1 25
1 3.7K

I am experimenting with Relationships, both Parent to Child and One to Many.

I have done some SQL look-ups and have searched through the documentation, however not in a lot detail, but wonder if there are more and better ways to access both sides of Relationships through SQL?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

1 25
0 2K

Hello everybody.

What I have is a criteria how to select "my" strings. What I need is to replace all of them with macro calls (using the same strings as arguments) in all classes of current namespace.

I was ready to write straightforward code, but at the last moment decided to ask the community: maybe I've overlooked a smarter option?

Any comments and advices would be great appreciated.

1 6
0 475

Hi, folks!

When you deploy DeepSee solutions you often do not want grant a User %All Role to work with a particular Dashboard.

Consider a Dashboard 'Dash' with a few widgets where listings are being used.

If you manage a Role to get access to the Dash you need to grant access to %DB_DBNAME resource to have a database access, grant access to a Dashboard resource (if any) and ... grant SELECT accesses to all the tables involved in SQL queries being used in all the listings of widgets.

1 3
0 418

I'm looking for information, suggestions, video (courses) on make a lot more use of the documatic system already built into Cache,

Probably talked of before within this forum, but after an hour or two of searching, can't find the articles that I mmay have seen before.

I want to do a lot more documenting of my installation, we use and actively comment classes and methods, but I want to take it further by actually documenting the "why" and high level "how" my system works. Documatic seems a good place to put that knowledge.

1 6
0 460
Question
· Jan 13, 2017
GitLab CI examples?

Recently I started working with GitLab - GitHub self-hosted foss alternative. So far so good, liked the UI, ease of administration, and available functionality (I was on Phabricator previously, and still use it for repo mirroring).

GitLab has GitLab CI (GitLab Continuous Integration) which looks promising (pluggable docker/vm/ds to run code) , but I wondered if someone uses it already and can share scripts for it?

1 4
0 4.1K

Hi!

Sometimes I need to filter the widget on a dashboard from a different cube. And I face the following problem:

Widget A refers to a query from Cube A and I want to filter Widget B from Widget B.

Widget's B pivot refers to Cube B, and which has different dimensions for the same data.

E.g. cube A has the dimension Author and the Cube B has the dimension Member for the same data. So there is no way to filter such a widget B from the widget A.

1 1
1 316
Question
· May 9, 2017
Atelier: GetDocs bug?

Greetings.

I'm trying to do some experiments using the Atelier REST API, but I noticed a bug that I simply can't bypass.

When requesting the Atelier server asking for an array of docs, it seems to fail when using it with multiple formats.
Like: [ "RCWWW015.int", "Class.cls" ]

While this method does return the class's source code, it fails when fetching the routine.
Like this:

1 1
0 289