Hi,

My doubt is about the SQL Query in Caché:

I don't want to take all results from the table and orgainze them manually, for example: I have a table with 50 records, but I only want to select 10 records, being from tenth until the twentieth and this without knowing their IDs.

So, how can I do this, without losing performance, there is any way?

1 8
1 3.1K

Good day, every process in my software is about to update 3 specific globals in row when the process is called to do some job. I need to guarantee that during updating of those globals with multiple processes there is only one process that is actually working with those globals. Moreover I need my globals unreadable if other process is in critical area.

Example:

1 8
0 690

Developing a Full-Stack JavaScript web app with Caché requires you to bring together the right building blocks. Previously, I outlined the basic steps to install and connect Node.js to Caché and make it's powerful multi-model database capabilites available for use with Node.js. You can use Caché as a NoSQL-, document- (with unique key-level access!), SQL- and object-database with Node.js. When developing JavaScript applications, you'll see how powerful this combination is and makes Caché a perfect fit for Node.js.

In the first part of this article series I will show how to get started with the React framework, one of the most popular frameworks currently taking over front-end development. In the next parts you'll learn how to connect a basic web app to a Caché back-end.

You'll see, it's very easy to get started with this technology - you can even compare the amount of basic knowledge you need to COS because you only need to know a few basic concepts to start!

9 8
1 4.8K
Question
· May 17, 2017
Soap Wizard

HI,

Please let us know the solution to the below error:

ERROR:#5388 - You do not have write permission on the database class .
%SOAP.WebClient is in , so class lock cannot be obtained .

Thanks,
Shobha

0 8
0 876
Question
· Oct 15, 2017
HL7 Email Operation

Dear All,

I'm to create a HL7 business operation that uses the Enslib.Email.OutboundAdapter to create and use AttachStream() to create a file attachment of the HL7 contents, using the RawContent property of a Enslib.HL7.Message.

The class compiles okay, however when I send a message to the class I get the following error:

0 8
0 977

Hello.

The idea of this post is to introduce Frontier: An abstraction layer that allows Rapid REST development.

REQUIREMENTS:

Why?

Have you ever found yourself dealing with repetitive tasks like mounting objects, serializing them and eventually handling multiple errors for multiple cases? Frontier can boost your development by making you focus on what really matters: your application.

Frontier is made to stop you from WRITE'ing by instead forcing your methods to return values.
It's designed to make you code clean, and you'll see the why pretty soon.

This is the Part 1, where you'll learn he basics about how to work with Frontier. That means at the end of this part you should be capable of

creating GET requests without difficulties. Since this also serves as a way to introduce the framework, I'll be calling this part: Core concepts.

4 8
0 1.6K

Hello,

I want to process more requests per second in Ensemble 2015 (soap service). My problem is in a business process that makes a great transformation. I thought that I can put its group size to 4 (the current value is 1), or put 4 business processes and apply, for example, the round-robin algorithm.
Which alternative is better?

0 8
0 484

Hoping someone can help.

I need to convert a timestamp from the following format (YYYYMMDDhhmmss e.g. 20160105125915) to UTC time in the same format.

I presume I need to convert it to the system format ( like $HOROLOG ) and then use something like ConvertTimeStampToHorolog or perhaps LocalWithZTIMEZONEtoUTC but not sure of the syntax.

Thanks,

Conor

0 8
0 3.7K

Hi, Community!

Is there an option to get an archived file of globals in one command. Say for:

Do $System.OBJ.Export("Class1*D.GBL,Class2*D.GBL","data_gbl.xml")

get something like:

Do $System.OBJ.Export("Data*D.GBL","data_gbl.gz","gzip")

And also to have the convenient one click way to import it to the namespace via terminal or Control Panel?

If anyone already has this module, share please?

It would be very convenient for import/export/continuous integration purposes cause globals can be really heavy.

0 8
0 842

I created a DTL to do HL7 mapping. The test function in the tools works the DTL perfectly but when used by the rule in my business process, the OBX segments are stripped and the MRN is gone. The assigning authority and ID type are added into the PID but the actual patient MRN is blank (3.1 value).

Here is the source code.

0 8
0 696

Consider the below scenario:

1. HL7 Service -> Process

2. DTL makes a call to a webservice (Post) via a REST operation via SendRequestSync call.

a. if the post is successful, end the DTL

b. if the server that hosts the webservice is down, i would like to keep retrying with the same message and not lose any messages in the queue.

does a simple "quit 0" at the DTL will rollback the message and will retry? please let me know how not to lose any messages if the webservice server is down.

Appreciate it.

1 8
1 494
Question
· Nov 19, 2017
Force inner select to be executed

I have a query that I am attempting to run, but inner query is being rolled up into the overall query - per the optimizer (and jobexam observation). While I know that if the inner query runs first, I will eliminate a number of records (making the result set smaller, and return quicker).

Just an example of what I am attempting to do:

0 8
0 413

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any way to trigger the compilation of a class based on the compilation of another (unrelated) class. For example:

Class 1 = test.class

Class 2 = test.class.type.one

Class 3 = test.class.type.two

Every time class 2 or class 3 is compiled in Studio I would like to have class 1 automatically compiled as well.

The reason I need this is because class 1 has a method with CodeMode set to objectgenerator which generates some code based on what is found in classes 2 and 3.

0 8
0 665

What is difference between using a command $classmethod rather than just invoking them straight away?

For example if i need to call a class and its method i can just use like

do ##class(circle).radius()

rather than using

do $classmethod("circle",radius)

(I suppose both of them doing the same function i am not aware of it)

Please help me understand what is different and is there any specific usage.

Correct me if i have made mistake.

0 7
0 393

Database systems have very specific backup requirements that in enterprise deployments require forethought and planning. For database systems, the operational goal of a backup solution is to create a copy of the data in a state that is equivalent to when application is shut down gracefully. Application consistent backups meet these requirements and Caché provides a set of APIs that facilitate the integration with external solutions to achieve this level of backup consistency.

1 7
2 2.6K