Background: We have our own SQL map that predates InterSystems'. A program writes an XML file for each table map class as $system.OBJ.Export would. $system.OBJ.LoadDir loads the XML files into .cls files.

The reason is a long story, but we need to update parameter EXTENTSIZE (only) in existing classes. This does not seem to happen. As a test I used $system.OBJ.Export to make an XML file and edited EXTENTSIZE in the two places it appears in the XML:

0 4
0 418

Hi Developers!

Recently we released the updated version 0.1.3 of ObjectScript Package Manager (ZPM) which comes with the support of simplified ObjectScript sources folder structure.

What 'simplified' does mean?

Before 0.1.3 ZPM expected the following structure:

/src

---/cls  - for ObjectScript classes

---/cls/package_name/class_name.cls

---/cls/package_name/class_name2.cls

---/mac - or Mac ObjectScript routines

---/mac/package_name/mac_routine.mac

---/mac/package_name/mac_routine2.mac

---/inc - for ObjectScript macro include files.

---/inc/package_name/include_file.inc

6 3
1 763

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video recorded by @Robert Cemper on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

IRIS easy ECP workbench

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1TsQCUNjLu4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
0 215

Hi Developers!

Many of you publish your InterSystems ObjectScript libraries on Open Exchange and Github.

But what do you do to ease the usage and collaboration to your project for developers?

In this article, I want to introduce the way how to introduce an easy way to launch and contribute to any ObjectScript project just by copying a standard set of files to your repository.

Let's go!

10 21
6 1.9K

InterSystems states that Caché supports at least three data models – relational, object and hierarchical (globals). On can work with data presented in relational model in a program written on C# the same way one works with any other relational DB. To work with data presented by object model in C# one needs to use .NET Managed Provider or some kind or ORM. And starting with version 2012.2 one can work directly with globals (or use direct access to hierarchical data) via Caché eXTreme for .NET.

4 18
2 2K
Article
· Jul 4, 2020 2m read
Terminal Multi-Line Command Editor

The Command extension enables the execution of Multi-Line Commands from Terminal prompt.

Terminal Multi-Line Input with Edit, Insert, Delete, Print extension for IRIS and Caché
IRIS and Caché have just single command lines in terminal available
This Multi-Line Commands Editor also will execute the Multi-line Commands.
In addition, it is independent of access to %SYS and can be installed in any namespace

Special thanks to @Jeffrey Drumm who inspired me to this and supported me as beta-tester.

8 1
0 1.2K

Hi,

I'm doing a query in SQL and I need to sort my data by some non-repeated field.

Unfortunately, my data is grouped in a way that I cannot guarantee that any column will not have repeated data, so one solution would be to take the row number.

Also, the Cache is not accepting Row_Number () in my querry and I would like to know if there is another solution to return line numbers or some way to add this function to the Cache.

Best regards.

12 7
0 2.5K

Dear Folks,

I have recently studied deepsee and developed few dashboards needed for our web app users. I am trying to embed them in our existing web app which uses angular with delegated user access. I need to embed the native IRIS dashboard into it. ( I can't use Highcharts or any other js tools).

How do I setup the dashboards to work with delegated authentication (Without providing access to management portal or other parts) ? Also should I use the default csp/{Namespace}/_DeepSee.UserPortal.DashboardViewer.zen? or any other web application URL ?

Thanks

0 1
0 177

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Developer Tools Contest that will give you extra points in the voting.

Docker container usage - 2 points

The application gets a 'Docker container' bonus if it uses InterSystems IRIS running in a docker container. Here is the simplest template to start from.

ZPM Package deployment - 2 points

You can collect the bonus if you build and publish the ZPM(ObjectScript Package Manager) package for your Full-Stack application so it could be deployed with:

zpm "install your-multi-model-solution"

command on IRIS with ZPM client installed.

ZPM client. Documentation.

Unit Testing - 2 points

Applications that have Unit Testing for the InterSystems IRIS code will collect the bonus.

Learn more about ObjectScript Unit Testing in Documentation and on Developer Community.

Online Demo of your project - 3 points
Collect 3 more bonus points if you provision your project to the cloud as an online demo. You can use this template or any other deployment option. Example. Learn more on deployment in Monday's Kick-Off webinar.

Code quality analysis with zero bugs - 2 points

Include the code quality Github action for code static control and make it show 0 bugs for ObjectScript. Learn more in Monday's Kick-Off webinar.

Article on Developer Community - 2 points

Post an article on Developer Community that describes features of your project. Collect 2 points for each article. Translations to different languages work too.

Video on YouTube - 3 points

Make the Youtube video that demonstrates your product in action and collect 3 bonus points per each. Example.

The list of bonuses is subject to change. Stay tuned!

0 0
0 270

Currently, I am working on a CSP application that is supposed to generate reports. Users will have varying access to said reports. To achieve that, I plan to use LDAP (because it's used in other systems where those users already exist). Documentation does not provide enough information, so I'd like a clarification:
Do I need to enable LDAP authentication for the whole Cache instance to use LDAP authentication in a single CSP application in that instance?

0 5
0 246

Hi Developers,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Building Health IT Apps with Artificial Intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CmumxklkTGw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 180

Moving over from Studio To VSCode like many other will do now the ObjectScript plugin reached version 1.0, I noticed I was missing some items in the objectscript explorer. For example when creating a Rest API using the spec first approach, 3 classes are generated, an application.impl, application.disp and application.spec class, but the disp class was missing in the Object Explorer.

As the application.disp is a generated class, for showing these classes you need to turn this on by hitting the switch on the object explorer:

8 1
1 382
Article
· May 21, 2018 10m read
Adding your own provider to MFT

Managed File Transfer (MFT) feature of InterSystems IRIS enables easy inclusion of a third-party file transfer service directly into an InterSystems IRIS production. Currently, DropBox, Box, and Kiteworks cloud disks are available.

In this article, I'd like to describe how to add more cloud storage platforms.

Here's what we're going to talk about:

• What is MFT
  • Reference: Dropbox
    • Connection
    • Interoperability
    • Direct access
  • Interfaces you need to implement
    • Connection
    • Logic
  • Installation
2 5
0 625

Hello

I am creating an import tool to convert a client's JSON data into IRIS classes. The sample file is over half a gig. I am copying the data into an instance of %Stream.FileCharacter;. My first few attempts worked fine. However I started getting an error thrown when I try to create a DynamicAbstractObject using the %FromJSON method. See the code below. The error code given is not in the documentation, at least not the doc that I was searching.

0 3
0 301

Cache ODBC State S1000 Native Code 400 Illegal Value

This is my query:

select DateTijdSec from
GLPPatTcActie
where pnr = '27085070017' and LTestId->Makey='BLA' and VerzamelDatTijd < '2021-03-04-2021 09:04' and glpactieid->makey in ('TAV','TMA') order by DateTijdSec desc

Most likely there is a wrong date time in the table, how can i get the data?

0 8
0 863