Question
· Feb 26, 2018
Copy Files

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to Remove file from a location to another similar to CUT & Past function, I'm using this :

s file=##class(%File).%New()
 d file.CopyFile(File,ArchivePath)
 d file.Delete(File)

and the copying is happening but not the Deleting, and help pls?

Thanks

0 16
0 2.3K

Hey guys,
I need your help.

I am writing a code in Python and I want to create a database and some properties and then to send json files (data) to this database. (I use client-server-model for loading the data into IRIS)

I use curl methods and convert it in Python code with:

curl.trillworks.com/#python

My code so far:

0 15
0 388
Question
· Apr 5, 2018
Drawing boxes

Hello, Community!

Here's an interesting task I found on the Internet.

Problem description

Write a method that would draw a box of a specified size.

The goal is to write the shortest method.

Here's a method signature (it can't be modified):

ClassMethod main(s As %Integer = 10)

And call sample:

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(5)
#####
## ##
# # #
## ##
#####

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(10)
##########
##      ##
# #    # #
#  #  #  #
#   ##   #
#   ##   #
#  #  #  #
# #    # #
##      ##
##########

>do ##class(ITPlanet.Task4).main(20)
####################
##                ##
# #              # #
#  #            #  #
#   #          #   #
#    #        #    #
#     #      #     #
#      #    #      #
#       #  #       #
#        ##        #
#        ##        #
#       #  #       #
#      #    #      #
#     #      #     #
#    #        #    #
#   #          #   #
#  #            #  #
# #              # #
##                ##
####################

2 15
0 579
Question
· Jul 17, 2018
Create studio project file

Hello guys,

I have been playing around with the deployment tools from Ensemble (mostly based on this article https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY...) , but so far the one thing I still couldn't figure out is how to group files into a single "Studio project file".

By using the deployment tool UI, supposing that I want to add a bunch of custom files to my deployment file (XML), it's practically impossible because I need to add one by one.

0 14
0 735
Question
· Jun 29, 2018
Adding TLS to ZAUTHENTICATE

I wrote a ZAUTHENTICATE.mac a couple of months back, and found recently that it is creating coredumps on almost a nightly basis. I think I have figured out this problem to be not clearing out my MsgSearch after I am doing 2 of them within the code.

1. Get User Attibutes from AD

2. Get User Groups From AD

So while I am trying to cleanup the code I thought it would be a good time to add a Certificate and TLS to the mix since I should of been using that all along. However I keep running into issues

1 14
0 453

Hi,

The following sql statement is working through the SMP but couldn't make it work through the code.

The table is a linked table to oracle db.

Tried to change the date property in the linked table class from %Date to %String and also tried using %SQL.Statement and %Library.ResultSet

this work through SMP:

INSERT INTO PACKAGE.SOME_TABLE_NAME

(EFFECTIVE_START_DATE,MORE,DATA,HERE)

VALUES (to_date ('2018-04-01','yyyy-mm-dd'),123,456,789)

In the code i'm using '?' in the statement for the parameters.

0 14
0 400

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • Containers infrastructure
  • CD using containers
  • CD using ICM
  • Container architecture

In this article, we would talk about building your own container and deploying it.

4 14
3 1.2K
InterSystems Official
· Jan 31, 2018
InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2018.1.0 Release

InterSystems is pleased to announce that InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2018.1.0 is now released.

This press release was issued this morning.

InterSystems IRIS is a complete, unified data platform that makes it faster and easier to build real-time, data-rich applications. It mirrors our design philosophy that software should be interoperable, reliable, intuitive, and scalable.

3 14
0 2.1K

I was running the %File:FileSet class query, with my development user, but I am unable to run this query for an application user. Does anyone know what resource or service is needed to run this query? Assume the user has access to a certain directory on the file system needed for the query.

On second though, having tried almost all the available resources and services, perhaps the user doesn't have access to the directory. How to tell when the error is this:

0 13
0 622
Question
· Aug 28, 2018
Replace elements in $lb

Let's say I have a list structure:

set list = $lb("stri,ng", $c(0), 2)

I want to replace all $c(0) elements with empty elements, so my list would look like:

set list = $lb("stri,ng", , 2)

What's the fastest way to do that?

0 13
0 557
Question
· Jun 5, 2018
$CASE For Long Stories

Hi, Community!

$CASE is a fine syntax sugar for "Ifs" with one-line/one-word expressions, like in docs:

SET daynum=$ZDATE($HOROLOG,10)
  WRITE $CASE(daynum,
              1:"Monday",2:"Tuesday",3:"Wednesday",
              4:"Thursday",5:"Friday",
              6:"Saturday",0:"Sunday",:"entry error")

But if my expression for a current case is a multi-line business logic? Can I use "{}" somehow or better go with "IF" instead?

0 13
1 510

Hi Guys,

I would to know, I have a drop down list items in my applications. While, am clicking on the drop down bx, there are few numbers of listed items, while am doing mouse over action, I should display the entire text of selected item from that drop down list box, even am not selecting that item. I would like to know about the what is exact text it contains in Zen framework.

If any lead would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 13
0 1.1K

most of my jSON data is single words, but when it comes to sending chunks of a memo/email via JSON, that totally different

which is the correct conversion process to prepare data ready to insert into the data part of a JSON string so that all problem characters are converted

JSON of course crashes if you use the wrong format of quotes (single or double) and you ned up having to use &QUOT and \' to get around that but is there a simple call to something that will just take care of preparing the data from the JSON string both on the inward and outward part of JSON

0 13
0 486
Question
· Sep 6, 2018
parsing xml response

Hello!

I'm sending http resuest to the web service :

Set httpRequest=##class(%Net.HttpRequest).%New()
Set httpRequest.Server="177.127.120.10"
Set httpRequest.ContentType="text/xml"
Set httpRequest.Https=1
Set httpRequest.ContentCharset="UTF-8"
Do httpRequest.SetHeader("Accept","text/xml")
Set httpRequest.Timeout=300

0 13
0 1.1K
Question
· Mar 8, 2018
creating a test server

hi, new here, and new to cache and deepsee.

i've been trying to setup a copy of our production server so we can use it for testing/development.

i did a full backup. moved it to the new server. ran the DBREST command. got it to restore but seems like permissions get all messed up. and it just generates a bunch of errors.

is there an easier/better way of doing this?

0 13
0 506
Question
· Jan 11, 2018
Routing Rules

Is there a way in the routing rule to compare two fields in two different segments? For example, for the message below we need to compare one Identifier in PID-3 (uiytr5678906^^^^CKS)against another in MRG-1 (uiytr5678A06^^^^CKS). Both will always have the same IdentifierTypeCode (PID-3.5/MRG-1.5), but the ID number can be different. Just to clarify, we only want to compare the CKS IdentifierID, not the entire field or all the identifiers in the MRG-1 or PID-3 field.

0 13
0 1.3K

This is probably a very naive question but :
Is it possible to create a Windows executable file from a Cache MUMPS (COS) routine, such that the routine can be run directly from Windows ?
If so, could some kind soul direct me to a source of information that describes the process.
I am using the free Intersystems Cache installation (CachePCkit V2017.1) on Windows 10 for my own use & personal development.

Thanks

0 13
0 1.3K

Index to Articles

Published 2018-05-11 Last edit -

Hi All

I this article I detail some strategic issues that a new development UI will need to address - these are the ones that I can think of now - others may come to light during this journey.

See the webinar by Eduard Lebedyuk here from the last Global Summit describing modern web development and Caché

And, as always, if I have missed something please comment....

13 13
2 1.4K

InterSystems supports use of the InterSystems IRIS Docker images it provides on Linux only. Rather than executing containers as native processes, as on Linux platforms, Docker for Windows creates a Linux VM running under Hyper-V, the Windows virtualizer, to host containers. These additional layers add complexity that prevents InterSystems from supporting Docker for Windows at this time.

12 12
6 3.7K