Question
· Mar 21, 2022
Available space in a DB

When we run data purges in a namespace, the size and space of the DB does not change. I assume like Oracle it leaves white space that is usable by cache, but is there a way to see how much of this space is available? Today I increased the size of the disk available to the system as we were reaching critical low disk space, however, with the purges, we should have several hundred GB of available space inside the database to use. And is it safe to allow the system to run out of available disk space, as long as there is enough free space in the DB for writing data?

0 6
0 613

Hello,

Our team is looking for a way to export all of our Cache SQL tables into Microsoft SQL Server. I have only found a method to export one table at a time into an ASCII file. We have over 170 tables so this would be very tedious and time consuming. Is there a way to directly export from Cache to SQL Server. Alternatively is it possible to export the entire database in a single shot or even multiple tables to text files?

Thanks!

0 2
0 607

Hi Community,

We are not using github or any source safe till now. We have ensemble hl7 interfaces (business services, processes, operations)available in production. Now we want to deploy these interfaces to a brand new cloud server with iris instance.

Here in current production we have studio access but new cloud server iris we have only vscode access.

I have exported all the classes from current production using Studio and I have exported xml file with me.

2 2
0 601

We will receive an ORM message in Business Service in Iris. From that ORM, an ADT^A31 message will be generated and sent out to the EMR before the ORM message is sent out. The ORM message has to wait until Iris receives an acknowledgement from the EMR indicating the ADT message was received. Then, the ORM message will be sent to the EMR. What do I need to set up to hold the ORM message until the acknowledgement is received?

0 11
0 601
Question
· Jun 13, 2022
Comparing Dates

Hi,

Any suggestion on how to compare dates? Below is my code but it does not seem to work.

USER>w $zdate(zdateh(x,8),1) > $zdate($zdateh(y,8),1)

When I set x to "06/01/2022" and set y to "04/01/2022" gives me an output of 1

When I set x to "09/01/2019" and set y to "04/1/2022" still gives me an output of 1

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 7
0 600

We have a requirement to write to an AWS S3 bucket from Cache.

We haven't upgrade to IRIS yet, but are looking at doing so in the future. This requirement cannot wait for the upgrade to happen, unfortunately.

Will appreciate if any one can share any example code, that enables cache to write to an AWS S3 bucket?

0 8
1 598

Hello! I need help reading a file and putting the contents into variables.

File path would be, c:\temp\zipcitystate.csv or txt

Data looks like this

00501,Holtsville,NY
00544,Holtsville,NY
00601,Adjuntas,PR
00602,Aguada,PR

I need to add the first area to variable ZIP, Second to CITY and third to STATE. they are separated by a comma.

Any help would be appreciated

0 8
0 594

Hello fellows, I need you wisdom.

In my organization we code in ObjectScript and .int everyday. When I joined nobody knew barely nothing about classes and their use was almost only for storage definition purpose. During my self-learning in caché I discovered the object oriented programming and class developing was possible in caché and started to code in .cls . Being something self-taught, I may have some basic doubts I'd have missed in my documentation readings.

0 9
0 583

Yesterday I downloaded and attempted to install the newest version of the Community Edition of IRIS but not the preview, and attempted to update an older version, but each time I tried to install it, I would get an error, and then an antivirus program would indicate that it had identified and blocked a threat (McAfee identified it as GenericRXAA-FA!EAEEF9B8457F with a location of C:\Users\jivey\AppData\Local\Temp\pbt3FDD840C\IRIS_x64.msi). I tried the installation again this morning and this time a threat was identified by Malwarebytes as Malware.AI.4072586503 and McAfee identified it as i

0 5
1 582

We are upgrading from Health Connect 2018.1.3 to IRIS Health Connect 2022.1, and one thing that we are particularly hesitant about is if our Business Rules will work in the new version.

I am trying to come up with a testing process for bulk testing our rules, and wanted to know if this could be done programmatically instead of having to modify all the Business Operations to have them write the HL7 data to a file. I caught Orlando Health's presentation at GS2022 but I am not sure that will work for my team.

1 10
3 578

Hello,

Recently I have been tinkering with VSCode and ObjectScript extension to connect to my dockerized IRIS instance. I have configured the instance to use Apache as a Web Gateway as per instructions and it has been working well. Currently I'm using a self-signed certificate for the SSL part of the connection. The browser nags about insecure certs when connecting to Management Portal but that's expected.

However when I try to connect to the instance with VSCode it simply fails with the following error message

0 8
0 566

Hi there have been various posts around how to clean up globals without parent data but none have gone into how you solve these issues.

Our database is approaching 600gb in size so i am looking into how to reduce this.

We use standard purge tasks.

Our cache stream class has a global size of 2463243 from running global size so it is what i would like to tackle first.

1) is there any way i can find based on my oldest message session for where most of these globals

0 3
0 562

Hi everyone, i cant understand what is wrong in my query:

ALTER TABLE MyNamespace.MyTable ALTER COLUMN CurrentColumnName RENAME NewColumnName

I just want to rename column name using sql.

I could not find any life example using this syntax.

SQLCODE for this query is -25:

-25 Input encountered after end of query

Quote from documentation:

0 12
0 556
Question
· Jun 29, 2022
Measuring Global References ````

I had a customer the other day ask how GREFs are measured and how the relationship of the host, storage, and DB engine all influence that number measured in hundreds of thousands or millions. Is there any good documentation that explains this and/or assists with calculating a GREF count?

0 3
0 552