InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 18,622 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi, Community!

We are pleased to invite you to participate in the InterSystems Documentation Satisfaction survey. As part of ongoing efforts to make our content more usable and helpful, Learning Services wants your feedback about InterSystems documentation. The survey covers many different areas of documentation, and you can complete it in about five minutes. The deadline for responses is October 30. Also, responses are anonymous.

The survey is over, thanks!

3 1
0 380

Sometimes you can face the situation when you did update the web app on Caché server but you cannot get the newest version of the app in a browser.

Here are couple recipes which help me to solve it. From simplest to more sophisticated and not obvious.

1. Refresh page in a browser

In Chrome it is Ctrl+R or 'Refresh' button. Obvious, but helpful.

2. Hard reset in a browser

If you are in Chrome, open Developer tools

2 1
0 1.4K

Hi,

I have a class with around 400k lines and 60 columns. Class storage is Cache SQL storage (Mapped from a global).

I want to create multiple indices on certain fields.

I am familiar with two approaches:

1. Create a new map (Index type) on a pointer global.

2. Create a bitmap index

Which approach is more recommended to be used in the case I described? If there are any other approaches, I will be happy to hear.

0 11
0 719

Hi Community!

Check a new session recording from Global Summit 2017:

Angular, JSON, and REST – Oh My!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NWWSGs5NDGI
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 577

There seems to be a problem with the sync/save. If I open a CSP file, add a CRLF to end of it and save the file I get a sync conflict. This can't be right.

To make matters worse I can then select to the local version and will then end up in an infinite loop where the CSP import/compiler keeps adding more and more CRLFs to the file.

You can see an example here: https://youtu.be/EY-_FA-kOpI

0 4
0 355
Question
· Oct 18, 2017
Rebuild class index

I have a class. In class there is an index. This index is for quick search on name property.

Class User
{

Property Name as %String;

Index NameInd On Name;

}

This class is mapped to some global ^GL(userId) = "Name*other data....****"

And there is also index global ^GLNameIndex(Name, userId) = ""

When I add new User entry through class, f. i.

S user = ##class(User).%New()
S user.Name = "Some name"
​D user.%Save()

calling method %Save() adding new entry to index automatically.

0 6
0 1.4K
Question
· Oct 17, 2017
Ensemble scheduler

Hello!
We have had incidents with the scheduler in some integrations.
The problem is that the scheduler do not execute at seemingly random occasions.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so how have you handled it?
Is there a smart way to be informed about these non events.
I have an idea to build an integration that goes thru all the other integrations, looks at their schedules and compare it with lastrun information in someway but I am not sure if it is doable.

0 3
0 618
Question
· Oct 17, 2017
How to wrap %SQLCODE into %Status

I have a method would return %Status,

this method would run some sql queries and if the execution of these queries fail, I would like to return asap.

So how could I wrap the %SQLCODE into a %Status variable?

Thank for your help.

1 5
0 935

Hello,

I've been manipulating XML objects via Cache, but have had some difficulty understanding how to use the following method detailed within EnsLib.EDI.XML.Prop:

Method choiceGetCount(Output pCount, pDOMPath As %String, pRef As %String) As %Status

From what I've read when walking through the code for this method, it appears to count a listing of repeating XML elements. However, despite my attempts to search for examples or attempts to implement this function, I am unable to do so.

0 10
0 559
Question
· Oct 15, 2017
HL7 Email Operation

Dear All,

I'm to create a HL7 business operation that uses the Enslib.Email.OutboundAdapter to create and use AttachStream() to create a file attachment of the HL7 contents, using the RawContent property of a Enslib.HL7.Message.

The class compiles okay, however when I send a message to the class I get the following error:

0 8
0 995

I setup an account in Cache and when I try to sort the dictionary item in the file by using the command SORT DICT filename, where filename is the name of the file i.e. SORT DICT TEST, I get the following error CMQL: The DICT entry "FIELD.ASSOC_" is not defined

The LISTDICT works correctly. Any thoughts on how to correct this error?

0 2
0 277

Hi World

I've a problem when in extract a float value from my database

the problem is that i get an interger instead of float.

my record is 2,56 but when i do a select , the request extract only 2

can you have a solution for it.

thank you

0 4
0 267
Question
· Oct 14, 2017
ZenMethod in onunloadHandler

I want to call ZenMethod when page is closing. Is it possible?

I tried

ClientMethod onunloadHandler() [ Language = javascript ]
{
zenPage.SomeZenMethod();
}

Method SomeZenMethod() [ ZenMethod ]
{
// to do some work
}

0 1
0 351
Question
· Oct 14, 2017
Multiple joins in a SQL query

HI,

I have a query like below but its syntax is not accepted by Cache.

I would like to perform a left join on two tables first and then make a inner for this result with another table.

Given the constraint that we only allow one SELECT in the query, it is possible to achieve this semantics ?

Thank for your help.

Select *
FROM ( sample . employee e
LEFT JOIN sample . company c
on c . id = e . id ) g
JOIN sample . vendor v
on v . %id = g . attr

0 3
0 994

Hello again and welcome to the next tutorial on this series: Part 4 - Sharing data across router methods. Here we are going to learn how to share a object containing data that is available for read across every router methods.

You're required to complete at least the Part 1 before entering this one. Still, this is supposed to be a really short tutorial, since there isn't much to be said about data sharing.

2 0
0 491

Hi Community,

There is any way that I can use Studio Source Control in Atelier, or adapt it to use?

We have a solution based on Studio Source Control, and I cannot make it works with Atelier, I can not even see the classes .

Thanks,

Andrei L. Nenevê

0 8
0 780

I have a business service that brings in a xml virtual document to the production and also a csv service that brings in a csv file and have a process that transforms both to a xml output but I have a problem with the csv as it is giving me this error when I try to trans form it ```ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <PROPERTY DOES NOT EXIST>zOnRequest+1 ^EnsLib.MsgRouter.VDocRoutingEngine.1 *DocType``` I have read here followed the suggestion but now I do not get any errors but my m

0 5
0 493