InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,956 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community!

It's time for new videos from Global Summit 2018 on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel! Are you ready?

Please welcome the first session recording from Global Summit 2018:

Accelerating Time-to-Productivity

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_PGSk9WkoVA
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 261

I use the following code to start a start a job :

Class MyClass Extends (...)
{
    ClassMethod Foo()
    {
       job $CLASSMETHOD("MyClass","MyMethod") //take forever depending hardware
    }

ClassMethod MyMethod()
    {
       //do database related stuff
    }
}

On local environment, calling Foo() is instantaneous (a few ms). On production/test servers (which have much better hardware than local) calling this function is slow and take between 200 ms to 800 ms. Obviously starting a new job with "job" command take lot of time on those environments.

0 3
0 261
Question
· Oct 17, 2018
SQLGateWay performance.

I have a ZEN page with nine tablepanes. Each tablepane queries a table in the same SQLServer db. I have a single SQLGateWay(odbc) to this SQLServer db. I need to get better performance when I query all nine table at the same time. Would my performance improve if I had nine SQLGateWays(nine odbc configurations/connections), one for each query? I would appreciate any and all suggestions for getting the very best performance when using SQLGateWays. Thank you.

0 1
0 261
Article
· Jan 13, 2022 2m read
Predict Maternal Health Risks

Hi community,

Prediction is a critical to the Maternal healthcare. The Health Dataset Application (https://openexchange.intersystems.com/package/Health-Dataset) has 10 real health datasets to predict the most important diseases and health problems, including Maternal Risk.

This article detail the steps to predict Maternal Risk using the InterSystems IRIS IntegratedML. This is a technology of InterSystems to do predictions using SQL Commnands! Great!

Follow these steps:

4 0
1 261

We are updating from 2015.1.1 to 2017.2. I am testing the Hot JVM functionality to see if our current functionality is working in the new version of 2017.

I am having a problem trying to make it "fail".

Generally if I put in an invalid renderport then I usually get an error. Now if I put in an invalid renderport it generates the PDF anyway (FOP).

Was there a change where if it fails using the renderserver then it will create a new instance of Java to produce the PDF?

0 3
0 261

I'm trying to send a message into a production on change a persistent object.

And when I change an object using SQL - I get an error,
when change the object using objectscript - I get a message (but not an error or exception)
But the most interesting - everything works fine (the object has been changed, and business service receives data)

Persistent class

1 2
0 261

Hi Community!

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Engaging Patients Through Communication

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JS7ZofLB3fE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 261

I have previously setup an Atelier project and it was running. I recently received the 1.3 release. Now, I am unable to click on the previously established connection to my Cache server (as seen in the Serve Explorer. I see the connection and the little arrow (implying that there is a hierarchy of items underneath). But, clicking that arrow opens nothing. Ultimately, I was trying to access files on the server so that I could add some new ones to my existing Atelier Project.

0 4
0 261
Question
· Mar 26, 2018
error compilation studio

Good morning, employees

I'm having trouble compiling in studio, I already reported it to intersystems support, but it did not solve the problem.

when calling a method of a class by putting $, follows an example:

0 4
0 261

Hello,
I am currently trying to create a namespace and I keep receiving error #197 when I try to create the database for it. My OS is Coentos 7.7, my cache version is 2016.2.3.903.6.18300 and here is a screenshot of the error.

0 2
0 261

Hey Developers,

This week is a voting week for the InterSystems Interoperability Contest! So, it's time to give your vote to the best solutions built with InterSystems IRIS.

🔥 You decide: VOTING IS HERE 🔥

How to vote? This is easy: you will have one vote, and your vote goes either in Experts Nomination or in Community Nomination.

4 6
0 261
Question
· Aug 3, 2017
DeepSee time series - season

Hello,

I have a series of data organized by time (year and month) so I can use a time dimension to drill down data. So far so good.

However, I need to display the data not by calendar years and months but rather by seasons. The season has 12 calendar months but starts in September. So I'd like to see the data from September / Year N to August / Year N+1 using the same hierarchy as normal time dimension.

Has anyone done something similar?

Obviously, the season can start by any month, not only September :)

TIA!

1 3
0 261

You may have already heard that, starting with IRIS and HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.2 versions, the internal Apache Server will be removed from the default installation, so it will be necessary to have an external application server such as Apache Server or NGINX.

In this article I am going to proceed to install a HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.1 so that it works with a pre-installed Apache Server. For this I will use a virtual machine on which I have installed an Ubuntu 22.04.

2 0
2 261

I have one abstract class and several subclasses. All share one data/id global.

How can I get concrete class name from id (without opening the object)?

What I have so far:

write $p($lg(^DATAGLOBAL(<id>),1),"~",*-1)

It does the job, but is there a more official way?

0 3
0 261

It's time to announce the Winners for March! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in March:

🥇 @YURI MARX GOMES, Software Architect, YM Services, Braz

🥈 @Prashanth Ponugoti, Technical Architect, Optimus IT Infra Ltd, London, United Kingdom

🥉 @Djeniffer Greffin, Soluctions Architect, Sabin Medicina Diagnóstica, Brazil

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

10 3
1 260
Announcement
· Mar 16, 2017
Articles' Views Analytics

Hi, Community!

I hope you know the option to use DeepSee analytics portal for Developer Community stats. You can find it in Community-Analytics menu.

Let me introduce the beta of new analytical dashboard 'Articles' Views', which is available in Authors folder.

It consists of two dashboards, first shows the running total of the views for the articles (to see the impressive growing curve).

2 5
0 260

Hi Community,

We'll look at moving InterSystems workload to the public cloud, then take a deep dive into the current architectures on the InterSystems cloud platform:

InterSystems Solutions in AWS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8MfDLngcSc

1 0
0 260

I use Microsoft Query via Excel to query an Intersystems database.

Since upgrading from CACHE to Intersystems, lots of reports fail to refresh twice - by which I mean I can open the report (which may have several separate queries) and query the database once, and then it will refuse to reconnect.

I get:
[IRIS ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] .... Access denied

If I then close and reopen excel, I can run the query again.

0 6
0 260
Question
· Jul 25, 2022
Process XML document

Hi all,

I am looking at a task which involves processing an XML file. Picking the file up from a folder (c:\test.xml) reading the data out of the XML and archiving the xml after it has been processed.

I was wondering what the best way of doing this would be?

I have got as far as creating a service in Ensemble. The Service I have created uses the class name EnsLib.XML.Object.Service.FileService.

Any advice or tutorials/guides would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

0 3
0 260
Question
· Nov 17, 2020
Terminal replacement

Hi

Has anyone found a good terminal emulator replacement for Cache Terminal?

We want one where the up arrow works to bring back the last command typed (without extraneous characters appearing at the beginning of the line) and be able to run D ^JOURNAL and have it display correctly.

I tried WebTerminal a couple of years back and but it didn't work properly with the journal. I've tried RoyalTS and that doesn't do up arrow or the journal correctly even though it's supposed to be emulating a VT400.

Any suggestions?

thanks

0 4
0 260

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video, specially recorded by @Renato Banzai for the InterSystems IRIS AI Programming Contest:

IRIS ML Suite Demo

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3-YSnFQnMLU

2 0
0 260

Hi Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Updates on Security: OpenSSL and a New "Security" Database

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eb5kPw8-l08

3 0
0 260