Question
· Nov 18, 2019
REST service with 11G Sql

Hi, I asked last week and they gave me some little tips. But the truth is I still can't carry out this "Project".

I must perform a REST service, using Oracle 11 database. Eh tried anyway to achieve this.

The purpose is to make a REST service, using the database provided to me and use the procedure that is already created.

According to what I read, I made the connection via JDBC and I had no major problem

0 2
0 270
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,997 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Most of us are more or less familiar with Docker. Those who use it like it for the way it lets us easily deploy almost any application, play with it, break something and then restore the application with a simple restart of the Docker container.

5 1
4 828

The following steps show you how to display a sample list of metrics available from the /api/monitor service.

In the last post, I gave an overview of the service that exposes IRIS metrics in Prometheus format. The post shows how to set up and run IRIS preview release 2019.4 in a container and then list the metrics.

This post assumes you have Docker installed. If not, go and do that now for your platform :)

17 10
5 1.2K

Hello everyone,

I am searching, but i cannot find a way to call a Procedure in Caché with PHP. Using .NET we have the Intersystems.Data.CacheClient.CacheCommand and we make a call in a Procedure. How i can do the same in PHP?

Regards,
Flávio

0 5
0 474

I am getting this with %RCHANGE:

RPMS 28d1>D ^%RCHANGE

This routine changes all occurrences of a string in
routines/include files.

1. Change every: Cache to: IRIS
2. Change every:

Routine(s): %*
Routine(s):

Then I get these types of messages:

This routine is mapped to another database, are you sure you want to change it??
No => yes%DIRFULL.INT

%BENCHLANG.INT

0 5
0 255
Question
· Nov 15, 2019
Question on sharding

Prior to IRIS, using ECP to share databases under heavy I/O load has known latency issues (in our environment), which pretty much restricted using shared database with relatively static or slow-changing data. In IRIS, will sharding mitigate the latency issue and allow any table to be shared?

David

0 2
0 232

Hello everyone,
It is my first post in the community. Very recently I started working using IRIS, creating services with Cache.
Today they gave me a new task and I'm really lost.

How can I use an oracle database to create services using iris?

Throughout the day I was looking for a guide to use a remote Oracle database. but unfortunately I only managed the connection in SQL Gateway

0 5
0 878

Hi everyone,

I've encountered this annoying issue so many times before, if any one also encounter this issue, please share here if you have any solution.

So, I've been working on a web service project using HealthShare 2015. Sometimes I have to set a debug target to a csp file to debug it. If I pause the debug process about 3 minutes above or so (to examine an object, variable, etc..) the studio will hang.

0 4
0 380

Released with no formal announcement in IRIS preview release 2019.4 is the /api/monitor service exposing IRIS metrics in Prometheus format. Big news for anyone wanting to use IRIS metrics as part of their monitoring and alerting solution. The API is a component of the new IRIS System Alerting and Monitoring (SAM) solution that will be released in an upcoming version of IRIS.

11 2
7 1.8K

I have several Business Services which I need to run once on each trigger.

Trigger can be either:

• Specific time (so once a day, every day)
  • Specific day (so once a month, every month)

For the time, it would be stable (i.e. 0100), but the second case varies - one month it could be 10th, another month - 12th.

After each run I want the service to turn off, so that all the time the service is not running it would be colored grey in Production Management Page.

I plan to use Task Scheduler, but open to suggestions.

0 2
0 336

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new Global Summit 2019 video on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Rapid Intelligent Application Development

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAPa7hoMJ5o
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 175

Hi I am getting this message for some databases but not for others: This database is mounted as read-only due to 'Failed to access iris.lck file'! and not for others on Google Cloud community non-health edition.

For example this default database displays the message: Name IRISLIB Directory /usr/irissys/mgr/irislib/

But this default database does not: Name IRISSYS Directory /ISC/dur/mgr/

0 3
0 398
Question
· Nov 13, 2019
Keep Alive Packet

does Health Connect have an out of box setting to send some type of "Keep Alive" packet? This is for a TCP connection. I have a vendor that will disconnect from the engine if there is a 2 hour idle time. would like to send something across every hour (if its idle) to prevent the disconnection. I'm assuming this may be something custom that needs to be created, but thought I asked the community first.

0 1
0 472

I have SQLCompute with SQLComputeCode on a couple of Properties in my class.

These work fin when I insert/update via ObjectScript or SQL from the ManagementPortal.

However, if I insert (create new record) via my C# app using the Caché ODBC DLL the SQLCompute is ignored, it does not run.

Is this expected InterSystems Caché behaviour? We are on latest IRIS platform.

0 7
0 395

Pretty straight forward.

I'm tempted to hard-code ISO-8859-1 inside my VSCode extension when working with CSP because this seems to be the encoding used by default, but I need to know if there's any other possible configuration. So can you share your experience when working with CSPs? Like issues with encoding, discoveries regarding it, workarounds etc.

Also, can someone tell me if it's possible to work with UTF-8 encoded CSP files using Atelier without breaking the encoding of the output file?

0 3
1 627

First webinar on InterSystems API Management!

We are pleased to invite you to the upcoming webinar in Russian: Introduction to InterSystems API Management on November 21 at 10:00 Moscow time (GMT+3)!

As you might have heard, we recently introduced the InterSystems API Manager (IAM) - a new feature of the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform,
enabling you to monitor, control and govern traffic to and from web-based APIs within your IT infrastructure.

In this webinar I will highlight some of the many capabilities IAM allows you to leverage. InterSystems API Manager brings everything you need:

• to monitor your HTTP-based API traffic and understand who is using your APIs; what are your most popular APIs and which could require a rework.
  • to control who is using your APIs and restrict usage in various ways. From simple access restrictions to throttling API traffic and fine-tuning request payloads, you have fine-grained control and can react quickly.
  • to protect your APIs with central security mechanisms like OAuth2.0 or Key Token Authentication.
  • to onboard third-party developers and provide them with a superb developer experience right from the start by providing a dedicated Developer Portal for their needs.
  • to scale your API demands and deliver low-latency responses

There would be a live demo.

This webinar is for System Architects, Developers and DevOps Engineers.
Time: November 21 at 10:00 Moscow time (GMT+3)!

The language of the webinar is Russian.

Register!

0 5
0 342
Article
· Nov 11, 2019 11m read
Transactions in Global InterSystems IRIS

InterSystems IRIS supports a unique data structure, called globals, for information storage. Essentially, globals are persistent arrays with multi-level indices, having several extra capabilities—transactions, quick traversal of tree structures, and a programming language known as ObjectScript.

I'd note that for the remainder of the article, or at least the code samples, we'll assume you have familiarised yourself with the basics of globals:

6 7
1 827