InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,738 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Let's consider these two ways of passing an obj to a function:

//var is a structured obj
(1) do ..methodX(var)
(2) do ..methodX(.var)

In c++ if we pass an obj by reference like in (2) we save a lot in computation because we are not copying the whole object, and when the object is modified within the function it is modified also for everyone.

In this case does (2) achieve any better performance than (1)? Is passing with the "." save any computation? the object is copied anyway?

Is there a simple way of passing obj to a function?

0 3
0 219

Hi developers!

Here is the score of technical bonuses for participants' applications in the InterSystems Interoperability Contest: Building Sustainable Solutions 2022!

0 7
0 178

I am trying to pull the status of operations in health connect. I'm successfully pulling if it's enabled/disabled, but I'm not getting access to where the current item status is held (for example, items in error). I found "##class(EnsPortal.Utils).ItemStatuses", but I can't retrieve data from that. Is this data readily accessible via another means?

Thank you!

0 4
0 142

On the Latest GlobalSummit 2022, InterSystems Introduced Cloud SQL. So, you may have lightweight InterSystems IRIS with access to SQL only. Well, what if you would still need some Interoperability features in the cloud as well? There are various solutions on the market nowadays, which offer a bunch of integration adapters out of the box and can be extended with support from the community. Some time ago, I've implemented an adapter for the Node-RED project, which can be deployed manually everywhere you want. Now I would like to introduce a new integration with my recent discovery, n8n.io

Banner image

n8n.io is a workflow automation platform, that supports over 200 different integrations out of the box and from a community, and now including InterSystems IRIS.

5 3
0 451

Brew HaHa Coffeehouse on Twitter: "Many things have changed at Brew Haha  since the pandemic. This week we are going to share many of those changes  with you. Follow us so you

Welcome to the July'22 Community Release!

We’ve recently made some interesting changes to your experience in the InterSystems Community:

📌 notifications like in social networks

📌 improved subscription setting

📌 brand new "About us" page

📌 friendlier "Members" page

Let's have a closer look at all these improvements!

8 3
0 333
Discussion
· Sep 16, 2022
txt2img
Several models, such as DALL-E, Midjourney, and StableDiffusion, became available recently. All these models generate digital images from natural language descriptions. The most interesting one, in my opinion, is StableDiffusion which is open source - released barely a few weeks ago. There's now an entire community trying to leverage it for various use cases.
2 0
0 810

Hi Guys,

I do have a class where one it's fields is defined as %TimeStamp and I did query to select all records and if current datetime is bigger then what's in my nextScheduled filed and basically with this condition below I should have all records stored in ^badis but for some reason I'm only getting the first record

0 5
0 359

Hey Community,

We're thrilled to invite you to the next "InterSystems Iberia Summit 2022", which will be held in-person once again. Registration is already open!

Join us in this important event where we'll bring together InterSystems customers and partners and also employees and members of the Developer Community - to learn, inspire and share innovation challenges with each other:

➡️ InterSystems Iberia Summit 2022

🗓 November 16 – 17, 2022

📍Valencia. The Westin Valencia hotel

2 2
0 389
Discussion
· Apr 23, 2021
External Language Server in 2021.1

Now that IRIS 2021.1 is available as a preview version, I would like to demonstrate a "new" feature. The Java Gateway has been around for a while now but in 2021.1 it has new skills. External Language Servers are available for Java, DotNet, and Python. Here is a quick - very quick - demo of using the External Java Server. Please don't focus solely on what this demo is doing but rather on what is happening in this demo. First, I acquire a gateway connection oref. This gateway connection is connected to the External Java Server - one of the External Language Servers.

5 12
0 565

This is the seventh in a series of releases that are part of the developer preview program for 2022.2 Future preview releases are expected to be updated biweekly and we will add features as they are ready. Many updates, fixes and enhancements have been added in 2022.2, in SQL management, cloud integration, Kafka and JMS adapters, the SQL Loader, and other areas.

0 0
0 150
Question
· Sep 12, 2022
Routing ACKS.

I'm trying to get an ACK routed to a different process in our Test environment and here is the router setup:

I have a rule in the target router to send to an operation.

The problem I'm running into is that the HL7 ACK coming back is marked as "Discarded", so it's not even getting to the second router.

0 4
0 239

Hello everyone, I’m a French student that just arrived in Prague for an academical exchange for my fifth year of engineering school and here is my participation in the interop contest.

I hadn’t much time to code since I was moving from France to Prague and I’m participating alone, so I decided to make a project that’s more like a template rather than an application.

4 4
0 276

I am happy to share with you my first experience of using a docker container version of IRIS for Health to explore your interest in using or having a trial by taking the advantage of a docker container that is lightweight, and easy to deploy. This cookbook will go through the implementation steps using the GitHub repository called ENSDEMO written by Renan Lourenco.

3 3
0 316

Fall Hackathon Season is ready now!

InterSystems will take part in HackMIT hackaton, a long-weekend hackaton organized by the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), where thousands of students come together to work on cool software and/or hardware projects. This year the HackMIT is in-person again, at the MIT campus, and will take place during the first weekend of October.

This year the main tracks are Education, Sustainability, New Frontiers, and Entertainment.
InterSystems challenge will be related to 1 or 2 of the main tracks and will be revealed on September 28.
Stay tuned!

5 2
0 304

Hello Developers!

Want to show off your interoperability skills? Take part in our next exciting contest:

🏆 InterSystems Interoperability Contest: Building Sustainable Solutions 🏆

Duration: August 29 - September 18

More prizes: $13,500 – prize distribution has changed!

>> Submit your application here <<

4 13
2 1.3K