Hello,

I need to run some clean up routine in the background so loss of my terminal session won't stop the process.

I found the JOB command in the documentation.
JOB | ObjectScript Reference | InterSystems IRIS Data Platform 2022.1

When I try it, it doesn't seem to be doing much. I also expected this to become visible in the Background Tasks but that doesn't happen either.

Probably I am missing something.

1 5
1 274
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

We are glad to invite you to the upcoming Interoperability Contest Kick-off Webinar: Building Sustainable Solutions! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Interoperability programming contest.

In this webinar, we'll show you some of the general principles and problems of solving sustainability challenges, as well as some great ideas that came up in hackathons for inspiration and do's and don'ts.

Also, we’ll discuss and answer the questions on how to build interoperability solutions using InterSystems IRIS and IRIS for Health.

Date & Time: Monday, August 29 – 09:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 Tomas Studenik, CEO of Insane Business Ideas and co-founder of Caelestinus
🗣 @Dean Andrews, Head of Developer Relations
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

1 3
0 280

Hi,

I have this arrangement of mirror

Node 1: Primary

Node 2: Failover

Async member is DR server

There is also an arbiter on another server

I want to make 'Node 2' primary as 'Node 1' is to be taken down for some scheduled maintenance work.

I know that I can issue 'iris stop' on 'Node 1' and 'Node 2' should takeover as Primary.

Questions

1. Is this a reliable recommended way? I have had cases in the past when the Failover node did not take over as Primary

0 4
0 187
Hello everyone! Don't miss the Developer Community Digest for August 2022!
General Stats
133 new posts published in August:
– 16 new articles
– 36 new announcements
– 77 new questions
– 4 new discussions
161 new members joined in August
10,068 posts published all time
11,462 members joined all time
0 0
0 85

Hi everyone!

I am recruiting on a fully remote Intersystems Developer. This role will be a long term contract to begin with high likelihood of extensions or conversion permanent. Please check out the job description down below and feel free to send me an email with your resume: Spencer.Frey@insightglobal.com

0 1
0 312

Background

Most websites have a "Fav.ico" file that sets what the icon is for the webpage. Most users have multiple environments, Dev/Test/Live. Often it can be difficult at a glance to see which environment you are in at a time. Wouldn't it be nice to visually see what version you are in? In this example all the instances are called the same and are named "ENSEMBLE". Note that this is certainly IRIS FOR HEALTH as is used on 2022.1

The default Icon is IR

2 1
0 253

Hi,

I have a problem when starting the docker container that the collation is standard US

sample:

docker run --name iris1 -d --publish 1972:1972 --publish 52773:52773 containers.intersystems.com/intersystems/iris-community:2022.1.0.209.0 --check-caps false

After the installation I like to import existing classes and globals but it failed due to an collation error

We usually use DEUW = German3

0 3
0 155

Hello,

I am still trying to figure that Calculated Measure stuff and I hope to learn from you. I have several cubes I am trying to create calculated measures using the Calculated Member Expression.

I have a cube called Cards. There is a measure called count that give total cards count of 15,000. There are two dimensions I am considering. One is the CreditGrade (A, B, C, D, nograde) and the other is the date of the scoredate.(2000-2015).

The CreditGrade dimension has two hierarchies. H1 being the creditnumber and H2 being the CreditGrade (The one I need).

0 2
0 141
Question
· Apr 29, 2017
Parameters

Hello friends,
I am having the following problem when passing a parameter in the execution of a zen query?
If the parameter has more than 50 characters of the error.
Http://127.0.0.1.57772/csp/sistema/CLINICA.Rel.Atestado.cls?nome="José Roberval Benedito da Silveira Gonçalves Sobrinho "

Is there a configuration or solution to this problem?

Hugs

Davidson Espindola

0 5
0 603

Hey Developers,

Meet the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube channel:

Creating Complex Decision Logic with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SZBRm4rtue8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 1
0 144

Hello; I am using a custom class extending CodeTableDetail (actually it extends CodeTableTranslated) for a MedicalClaimLine.Extension property for a Procedure Modifier value, in addition to the existing MedicalClaimLine.ProcedureModifierItems property (this is a list of %String). This works very well, stored AND translated correctly, until a valid ProcedureModifier value is used that is all punctuation: ##, **, or ++.

0 2
1 127

Credentials for a Productions are stored as plain text in ^Ens.SecondaryData.Password and exposed as plain text via SQL table Ens_Config.Credentials which is not ideal as only admins should know the credentials.

I can create my own adapter etc... to store and use encrypted passwords but does anyone know if there is a standard way to do this in a Production?

Alternatively, am I missing how to secure this so the production can run and someone can monitor and operate a production without access to the SQL table or global?

0 2
1 351

This is the second article in a series on iKnow demo applications, showcasing how the concepts and context provided through iKnow's unique bottom-up approach can be used to implement relevant use cases and help users be more productive in their daily tasks. Last week's article discussed the Knowledge Portal, a straightforward tool to browse iKnow indexing results.

This week, we'll look into the Set Analysis demo, a slightly more advanced application where you'll be using the concepts identified by iKnow to organize your content into sets of documents. The original version of this demo was developed by Danny Wijnschenk & Alain Houf for an academy session at GS2015, but the app has evolved significantly since then.

5 10
0 1.3K

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems "Sustainability" Interoperability Contest 2022 that will give you extra points in the voting:

• Sustainability Topic
  • Sustainability Dataset
  • Business Process BPL or Business Rule DTL Usage
  • Custom Interoperability Adapter
  • Production EXtension(PEX) Python, Java, or .NET usage
  • Embedded Python usage
  • Docker container usage
  • ZPM Package Deployment
  • Online Demo
  • Code Quality pass
  • Article on Developer Community
  • The second article on Developer Community
  • Video on YouTube

See the details below.<--break->

0 1
0 236
Question
· Aug 25, 2022
SAM - Adding node_exporter

Note sure if anyone would know this.... But I presented my team with a Proof of Concept of running SAM to monitor our IRIS Development and Test Clusters. In talking with them we would like additional OS metrics that aren't provided by what is built into SAM. Looking at more OS detail I found node_exporter from Promethus. I added node_exporter to our server that we want to monitor, but then tried to config isc_prometheus.yml to use node_exporter. That did not go well and when I restarted SAM, it would not download the built in metrics to SAM.

0 3
0 136