InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,888 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi, community!

Consider you need to exclude substring(s) from a string.

I did it with the following snippet:

/// excludes all the substrings from the string
ClassMethod ExcludeSubstring(substr,str as %String) As %String

{

while ($L(str,substr)>1) {

set str=$Piece(str,substr)_$Piece(str,substr,2,*)

}

quit str

}

So, for example:

0 2
0 413

Hello,
I have a list of files on disk.
Each record is the fully qualified UNC path and filename.
I would like to send these files to the end users default printer as a document.
I have attempted to build a html page using document.write statements and print using printWindow.print(); command.

I think there must be a better way to send a series of files to the windows print spooler.
I would welcome any and all input.

0 5
0 421

I have posted to aid others in diagnosing problem with SSL/TLS connections to superserver port from .NET client executable.

The cache instance this appeared on is quite old - 2011 - so I do not know if Intersystems have added a better error message in a later version

The actual fault was due to the certificate in the %SuperServer SSL/TLS configuration having expired.

The unhelpful message that appeared in the .NET client included the following partial stack trace.

0 0
0 1K

Does anybody else have problems installing the Caché 2017.1 FT for Win_x64?

I'm getting an error "Unable to execute the required file: The following system error has occurred: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)"

This is happening with the very latest version (build 726) and the previous one ( build 720), whereas the builds before were fine.

I've uninstalled Caché to see whether it was an upgrade vs clean install problem but it makes no difference.

0 5
0 539

Hi,
I've organized my repository using TortoiseSVN. I was careful to use only svn commands while creating my file structure. Now all Subversion commands are working at the command line but not from within my IDE (Cache Studio). Basically I'm trying to write a plug-in for my IDE to use Subversion from within the Studio. Trying to integrate Subversion into my IDE, something like Subclipse, but for Cache Studio. The error occurred after reorganizing my code into directories. For example at the command-line, svn info and svn status and all other commands work perfectly. All Subversion commands work at the command prompt!

0 8
0 1.3K
Article
· Dec 15, 2016 1m read
Version history for the production class

Last week I was onsite with a new customer of ours, implementing Deltanji to give them control of their development and deployment cycle. One particularly satisfying part of the visit was seeing their pleasure at how their production class now records its changes over time, allowing them to quickly diff the versions and see what configuration items have been added or what settings altered. ​

3 0
0 375
Question
· Dec 14, 2016
Intergity test for cbk files

Hi, Community!

We have our internal backup system which produces *.cbk files for Full, Incremental and Cumulative backup modes.

Does anyone have an automation procedure to restore this files on some target testing system, check the integrity and mark the files as "restorable"?

Please, share?

Thank you in advance!

0 2
0 401
Question
· Dec 14, 2016
How do I free licenses?

I have a server with public web application with Unauthenticated access and there seems to be a problem that CSP session ends, but associated license persists for some time (hours). If several users log in, we can hit license limit and all the other users get 503 Service unavailable error.

We are currently debugging it and moving to authenticated web applications, but is there a way to free these licenses quickly?

Here's how it looks like in SMP:

0 1
0 686

I want to set the value in the second field of OBX-5, or OBX-5-2. My schema is not broken down to that granular level, so I can't just click OBX-5-2 to populate it. I tried a few variations without success.

target.{PIDgrpgrp().ORCgrp().OBXgrp(1).OBX:ObservationValue(1).2}

target.{PIDgrpgrp().ORCgrp().OBXgrp(1).OBX:ObservationValue(1)(2)}

target.{PIDgrpgrp().ORCgrp().OBXgrp(1).OBX:ObservationValue(1.2)}

Any ideas?

0 4
0 801

I'm getting this error a lot in Atelier. These are not extremely large files, and I can't seem to find a magic line count or byte size that triggers the issue to occur.

I'm using the latest (I believe) version 1.0.262. Is there a setting that allows larger files to be parsed successfully within the editor?

1 7
0 509
Article
· Dec 12, 2016 3m read
Generate and Validate Captcha Code

Suppose you have developed your own web app with InterSystems technologies stack and now want to perform a captcha validation on the client side in order to determine whether or not the user is human and make it safer. There are some modern frameworks to address the captcha issue, however most part of them needs internet access to generate codes and sometimes are complex to implement. Take this as basic example considering that image recognition has gotten too good. That's why you nowadays you tend to see more pattern recognition captchas than mere reading ones. (I.e.

7 9
2 1.4K

How can I prevent large number truncation when using the DynamicObject and DynamicArray classes to create JSON in objectscript and then parsing the result in javascript. Are there any global settings that configure the output when using these classes?

I am looking at converting to the new DynamicObject and DynamicArray classes to build JSON. Our current (homegrown) JSON library forces string representation of numbers too long because of errors we were seeing with long numbers being truncated on the client, I am hoping to accomplish the same with the new classes.

0 2
0 1.2K

When testing a new routing rule, one frequently encountered problem is that messages that seem like they should be getting routed to a target component are not getting routed. This article aims to describe how to determine why the message didn't get routed.

1. Check the Event Log for the router to make sure there wasn't an error evaluating the rule or running any transformations referenced by the rule. If there was, debug that error first.

2 2
0 972

Is there any way that I can check the native type of an object script variable? (similar to the typeof check in javascript)

I see that the DynamicArray class uses the type of the variable for its output, I would like to do something similar when I receive a value as an argument to my method.

USER>s var1 = 123 //No quotes, number type

USER>s var2 = "123" //quotes, string type

1 3
0 567

Hi,

I am working with this Ensemble Business Operation, which extends the EnsLib.Rest.Operation.

http://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=...

I built the OpenWeatherMap Rest Operation described in the article above.

I would like to access the weather.id weather.main, and weather.description. However, these objects are in a JSON Array.

How do you access these three objects in Objectscript.

0 3
0 943
Question
· Dec 8, 2016
Caché vs Cache

I see that there is an "Insert Special Character" option from the text editor where "é" can be selected, but would it be possible to create a "Caché" button that inserts the word "Caché"? I can see cases where mixing these words can be confusing. An even more important reason would be searching. If the word "Cache" is used instead of "Caché" in many places, it may be difficult to find information about the "Cache".

If a "Caché" button existed, it may encourage the correct spelling to be used. I am not sure if this is a real problem, but I see the possibility of it happening.

1 2
0 632
Question
· Dec 8, 2016
JSON to HL7

I have a project to convert a JSON message with two patient identifiers into an HL7 ADT^A31. Is there any documentation or training that you would think is appropriate?

Currently using Ensemble 2014.1.5 on AIX

0 1
0 2.3K
Question
· Dec 8, 2016
telnet issue

Hi all,

While i connet telnet for particular user it call (%sys namepace ^Test routine).

In that rotine i switch namespace but the termial was closed(sessio disconnected).

How i can acces the user namespace afer switching namespace ?

Thanks,

sansa.

0 2
0 526

Using the following...

//Get PDF stream object previously saved
   Set pdfStreamContainer = ##Class(Ens.StreamContainer).%OpenId(context.StreamContainerID)
   Try {
     Set pdfStreamObj = pdfStreamContainer.StreamGet()
   }
   Catch {
      $$$TRACE("Error opening stream object ID = "_context.StreamContainerID)
      Quit
   }

Would it be possible to search the pdfStreamObj for certain values like a Medical Record, or Patient Name?

Thanks

Scott

0 1
0 929